Dr. May Chin MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Washington, DC

2.8

July 18th, 2016
She doesn't listen.
I saw Dr. Chin for 6 months or so for pain management. Overall, I feel frustration. I don't feel that she listens to me. At my last appointment, I said that my pain was not better, yet, she kept insisting that it was better. I'm the one who feels the pain! When I tried to show her what kind of touch made it hurt and where it hurt, she just wanted to do her own exam, not listen to me. My appointments with her aren't really helping me, and I only just realized that in addition to the copay, George Washington U. is charging an additional amount for use of the facility even though it's just an office visit! After insurance, I have to pay $75 PLUS the co-pay! No thanks.

April 24th, 2013
Evil
Saw her at Sibley after 3 hour wait. She was horrible, mean, uncaring. She should not be allowed near patients. Negative rating in all areas.

November 6th, 2012
Doesn't seem to care about the patient
Having seen Dr. Chin repeatedly over the course of more than a year, she has appeared simply annoyed when I come back and tell her my pain is not resolved. And I spend 15 minutes with a med student -- giving yet another history -- and see Dr. Chin for 5 minutes. I am not someone who needs a doctor to hold my hand but in this case I just get the impression she doesn't care much about the patient.

August 31st, 2010
awful and a waste of my money
Stated that she had no idea what was wrong. Refused to do any tests to find out, her clinical background is weak. Her diagnostic and medicine background are iffy. She may do well in the lab-research, but at the bedside she is lost. Totally misdiagnosed a serious problem in part because she refused to listen to my history. She was so busy counting pills she could not hear me. I now have lost the use of my right arm and have 2 broken screws from previous surgeries that may be the reason for the new ungodly pain I have now. I anm totally incapacitated but I have a decent doctor now. She became upset when I asked for a referral, an EMG, a NCV, and Baclofen for my spasticity-told me to live with it. A neurologist elsewhere suggested it right off the bat and it worked since my main problem at the time for my spinal cord injuries was spasticity , a common complication of SCI. Dr. Chin does not know that medicines cost differently depending on the pharmacy and does not realize that not all pharmacies carry your medicine or that the run out. Perhaps this is do to the fact that she has practiced outside the US mainly. Made me feel like a criminal each time. I could not wait to find another doctor. One of the worst and most incompetent doctors. you have to be careful with pain doctors because many of them do not have a medical background-neurology, medicine and so on. It is a new field and there are not enough stringent requirements. Anesthesiologists do things to you while you are asleep, but they normally do not make diagnoses. So if your pain has not been attributed to a cause, they may not be the best specialist to see you. They can mask important symptoms or simply fail to look for them or even know what to look for since this is not what they typically do.