Dr. B Kato MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 16th, 2016
Great Surgeon!
Dr. Kato is the best. I have had infections in my ear for years. Finally saw Dr. Kato, who did surgery and now my ear feels great and my hearing is back! I've seen some comments from others about the staff....I've been to this office many times now. Staff can be a bit hit or miss. I don't blame the doctor for their misses...she is excellent and I know it's hard to find adequate employees in the desert. There is no one else who I would trust to do surgery on my ear, and my results are fantastic. Highly recommend!

February 2nd, 2016
incompetency at front desk
I called less than 24 hours ago to make an appointment. I was told that I could have an appointment today at 4:00. I gave my name, phone number, social security number, insurance information and got the instructions as to how to get to the office. I arrived at 4:00 today....checked in.......was sitting in the waiting room and must have heard my name mentioned 4 times in conversation with the 3 ladies at the front desk. I suppose they did it in Spanish, so no one else would understand? I did. I went up and asked if there were a problem. I was told they did not have me down for an appointment. "Do you have my information? " "Yes, we have that, but whoever you talked to forgot to put the appointment down." "Who answers the phone?" , I asked. " Only the 3 of us do," they replied. "Who did you talk to", they asked. " Obviously, one of you", I replied. And then they dumbed out, so as not to acknowledge who did it. I had cancelled an important meeting, so I could see the doctor. I was offered other appointments......not interested. If one of the girls had taken responsibility for the mistake, I would have gone back. It is just the dumbing out that is too much. Everyone makes mistakes.....I get it! But lying and playing dumb is not a great reflection on how the office is run.

September 24th, 2015
PhD
There are 3 arrogant incompetent staff members who are defensive when asked for simple discussions about procedures and she may not be aware of this. . Hearing test w technition was incompetent as there was no check for ear wax prior to test and technition was sloppy about inserting ear devices in my ears. They kept falling out and he would impatiently and barely put them back in my ears. They were dangling from my ears while he was running the test. He was arrogant and impatient with the me and the whole process. He acted like he could care less about the test. Was a barely done ear test. And the PT for balance rest was worse. The PT also appears on 2 occasions to have a bad attitude and he too was arrogant even laughed at me when I tried to describe on the phone my fear of possible reprocussions from taking the balance test. Later in the office again When I said I need to talk w you first he spun around and blurted out " DO YOU WANT A MEDICAL CONSULT. I DONT DO THAT." He was also very passive aggressive angry and arrogant. His assistant seemed to pic up the same style of conceited mannerism i and scowled at me when I said I had an appointment and seemed especially upset and glared at me when I said my name wasn't Katie. he somehow thought my name was Katie And showed attitude when I sai I wasn't. A bad experience for me. I will go elsewhere.

May 18th, 2014
BPPV patient
Dr. Kato is a most caring and kind physician. She diagnosed my condition, provided treatment that was effective and spent a lot of time with me explaining the condition. At every visit I made to her she continued to be most caring and kind and I would recommend her to anyone with an otology problem.

September 27th, 2013
unprofessional
Unfortunately, this was a waste of my time. Nurse for the doctor was rude and never followed through. The doctor told her nurse to order an MRI for me. She requested that I submit other doctors' reports. I immediately delivered them. After 1 week, when I heard nothing about scheduling the MRI, I called to inquire and was told that "they would get to it". That was 4 months ago!! No response from the doctor after reading the other doctors' reports! It is 3 months later and I not ever heard from Dr. Kato or her office!