Dr. Maya Thomas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Maya Thomas?

October 27th, 2015

Dr. Thomas is very through with great attention to detail. On site sleep center with best sleep techs. Had a previous diagnosis from a different sleep MD but the office staff and billing with the former group was so very difficult to work with I decided to make a switch. Very happy with my decision to try out a new MD.

September 10th, 2015

Tired of Waiting

Was referred by my family doctor for a sleep test. The scheduling of the initial sleep test was normal. The sleep technician was a very nice young man ...

September 10th, 2015

Expect 2 sleep tests when 1 should do.

Took 3 weeks to come up with a diagnoses. Then wanted to do another sleep test to confirm results! Very frustrating to work with. The receptionist kept telling me what a great doctor she is, but I didn't see it!

August 14th, 2015

Terrible bedside manner!!

She was the single worst doctor I have ever seen. Her bedside manner is a problem.

January 15th, 2015

Quality Care in a Quality Clinic

January 15th, 2015

Quality Care in a Quality Clinic

This is a quality clinic. The support staff were friendly, professional, and provided all the necessary information required for my uncertain situation in 2014. Dr. Thomas has been very thorough with me and spent a lot time explaining things to me aiding me to make informed decisions. The technician performing the EEG was professional and kind. This group inspires confidence and shows the kind of caring you would expect from health care professionals

December 5th, 2014

Praise

The staff and Doctor Thomas are incredible people. They show that they truly care for the patient and that you are not just a pay check to them. They are very friendly and courteous, a pleasure to be around. It takes a while to get in to see her because she is an exceptional doctor, but well worth the wait

February 8th, 2014

Nothing new.

As most others, this office is interested more in squeezing money out of your insurance than fixing you up. No attention to details. As they fully support " sleep apnea" myth, they don't look for any other sources of your symptoms. Keep searching, people. There are still some real doctors out there.

February 22nd, 2013

I will absolutely NOT be going back to see Dr. Thomas again!! I brought my 16 month old daughter with me & when she started to get a bit fussy while I was answering the same 100 questions that I just spent 20 minutes filling out on paper, she had that nerve to ask me to see if a nurse would watch her because she was a distraction to both her & I. When my daughter wouldn't go to a complete stranger, I stated that I would just reschedule the appointment because I didn't realize this wasn't a child friendly enviornment. She made it clear that this was an 'adult' facility & that they set aside this hour for ME, but if I wanted to reschedule then fine. She also asked what the others doctors say when I have her with me? What do they day?!?! They say nothing because she is my daughter!! If this wasn't a place that I could bring my child then it should have been made clear when I made the appointment. She also wanted me to have a sleep study (which I've already had) then a oxygen test (which I have already had) & then suggested the same medication that I am already on. When I told her that my paperwork says all of that, she stated, "Well then I don't know what you want me to tell you!" Will NOT be returning & will make sure that everyone knows what a horrible enviornment it was!

Doctor's Response

Thank-you for the feedback. I did in fact order another sleep study. This was because the patient's previous sleep study was 5 years old, it was not in her records, and the patient also did not remember where she had the study done. However, I did not order any oximetry (the oxygen test) nor did I prescribe any medications. I have many young mothers who come with their infant children. However, this pt. brought an energetic child who began opening drawers, climbing stools, etc. during our visit. So I asked my office staff to help; they entertained the child by watching Finding Nemo in the reception area. I'm sorry that the pt. was upset that we recommended the baby join our staff but I was concerned that we would not accomplish anything during the visit while being distracted.

SHOW

July 11th, 2012

Dr. Thomas is a wonderful Doctor who truly cares about her patients. My teenage son had been having headaches for nearly a year. We went to see her and she very carefully went over his health history and activities. When she discovered that he was getting fewer than 3-4 hours of sleep per night she immediately said that is the likely cause of the headaches. My son put himself on a very strict bedtime schedule increasing his sleep to 6-7 hours per night and his headaches are all but gone. Now instead of daily headaches he might have one per month if he falls out of routine. Other Doctors wanted to start with an expensive MRI and daily migraine medications but she solved his problem by just paying attention to what we were saying. I would highly recommend this Dr Thomas. She is quite brilliant and saved us a ton of money.

July 9th, 2012

Maya should be up to date with things by now

Her bedside manner needs to be worked on.Ive been with her for 10 years and she will not help me now I dont have insurance. Still orders every test she can think of. Im already diagnosed.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry. I do take patients without insurance though there is a discounted self-pay rate.

February 29th, 2012