inactive

Maylin L Tjoa MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

October 16th, 2013
dr Tjoa once fitted me for an IUD, when I Had an irregular uterus and was not a candidate. this caused me to get pregnant. I had to have an abortion as the fetus was not viable. Horrible experience, inexperience OB/GYN!

November 17th, 2009
Great Doctor
Dr. Tjoa made me feel very comfortable during examination. She took the time to explain everything going on and answered all of my questions.She found abnormal cells from a pap smear. At my follow-up visit she took the time to go through exactly what the test results showed (what was abnormal, what is normal, what are the implications). She explained all of the procedural options (exactly what they entail and their effectiveness), and answered all of my questions. She did not make me feel rushed, and she did not oversimplify anything. I felt she gave me her complete attention during my visit. She was friendly and comforting, and most importantly, very knowledgeable and patient.The only negative is the extremely long wait. I always show up early for my appointment and usually get taken 15 mins after the scheduled time. I also wait in the patient room.. Once I closed my eyes and took a nap, and the doctor still hadn't come in.... BUT it is worth the wait for a quality doctor.

February 27th, 2009
Impossible to get a hold of!! No answer service, does not provide good follow up nor a good patient Dr Relationship. Who knows what it would be like to be in labor and not be able to reach this dr.