A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mazhar Sheikh:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mazhar Sheikh is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sheikh
Pulmonary Embolism Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications available by reading our pulmonary embolism patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sheikh Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mazhar Sheikh, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Stress Testing
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Sheikh graduated from Dow Medical College, Karachi. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Sheikh has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mazhar Ul-Haq Sheikh BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Internist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Mazhar U. Sheikh practice?
- Dr. Mazhar Sheikh has 2 office locations.
Dr. Mazhar Sheikh practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Woodbridge, VA.
See Woodbridge Internists and Woodbridge Cardiologists.