Dr. Mazin Yaldo MD Patient Reviews

December 10th, 2016
Amazing Doctor

August 31st, 2016
ready now
I saw Dr YALDO twice this month. Both visits were positive experiences. He is patient and answered all my questions about the tests and surgery. I am no longer afraid and surgery is now set for next month. Thankyo DrYaldo
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others online.

August 8th, 2016
Amazing
I wish I had gone to see Dr Yaldo sooner! There was actually nothing to fear - he's a great Dr. I know my vision problems may be different than yours - but he's amazing, so knowledgable - will find the exact solution to your eye needs. I know he did for me.
Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your kind review and for taking the time to share your experience with others online. I am so happy to hear that I made a positive difference!

June 27th, 2016
No More Glasses
I had been thinking about Lasik for over 2yrs, I had been investigating other doctors and asking friends for a while. Dr. Yaldo performed the Lasik on one of my friends eyes. I was amazed by her fast recovery and how perfect her vision became. I also talked to 2 other patients who had their eyes performed by Dr Yaldo and they were close to my vision prior to the surgery and they were extremely happy. I finally decided to put the investigation aside and went to see Dr. Yaldo. It was not an easy decision to make, but when I met the staff and Dr Yaldo, I felt the professionalism and caring and they made me feel like home. I made my decision right there after Dr Yaldo told me I was a great candidate. I followed the instruction before & after the surgery, the surgery was very simple; piece of cake. I was able to go to work the second day, however, instead I decided to celebrate at home with my son that I could see clearly without the aid of glasses or contacts. I have no regrets what so ever. I thank my friend Janet, at work, who referred me to see Dr. Yaldo and encouraged me to make the decision. Without her encouragement I would still be wearing glasses.

April 22nd, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy
I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy When I first had my surgery done I could not see anything they kept asking me to read the eyechart and if you can make out the letter ,they want you to tell them if you can see it ,the only reason I knew what it was is because I went to high school and can make an E and a Z.. Dr Yaldo could not figure out what was wrong so he did another surgery , he plugged my tear ducts he gave me some newfangled contact lens he did a third surgery . When I went there to my appointment it was always a different nurse until my later appointments when I complained about it .he knew I was having problems And when the nurse open my file on the computer it was the first time he opened it since the last time I was there so I knew he wasn't working on it I finally told him I'm not paying him anymore and he started seeing me for free but he never did figure out what happened or why I can't see I went to another surgeon and he would not touch me because he could see there was a tear in my cornea . It has been like three years and I still cannot see do not do the surgery I do not think they know enough about LASIK to know what to do if something goes wrong .

October 25th, 2015
excellent
Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your kind review and for placing your trust and confidence in our practice.

December 9th, 2014
finally happy....
well... if i had it to do all over again... the answer is ... YES. it is a frustrating experience.. having older eye vision... in fact the whole experience of... having my eye lasek'd ... was frustrating... but all in all... if i had to go back...to my old eye... well... No Way. I am happy very happy... with Dr Yaldo helping my vision. Be patient guys... needing help to see better.. is a frustrating experience... but the one person said it perfectly... Dr Yaldo... really does help you vision.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience with us and other online users. We take pride in providing excellent care for the unique vision needs of each patient. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

November 1st, 2014
Technical Assistance Representative
I actually went to the San Diego office, but that wasn't listed as a choice...Dr Yaldo is wonderful!!! So calm and patient...doesn't try to push you into doing anything which is something i really appreciated. He suggested mono vision for me, but the idea of that didn't sound quite right to me so i said no. Then after the surgery i could not see anything up close. He explained to me that had I gone through with what he had suggested I would have been able to see much more clearly. So I got the mono vision done, and he was right! Best desicion I ever made!! My eyesight is now 20/20!! And Dr Yaldo's staff is awesome! I've just gone for my fourth visit...just a check up to make sure everything is going well, and it is, and it's like walking in to a family member's home. Everyone just perks up and says Hi Connie!! And!! They run on time!!! no waiting around!! Fabulous!! If you've been thinking about lasik, go talk to Dr Yaldo...he's honest and caring and his prices are so reasonable. Just give Tammy a call to get yourself scheduled. 619-255-6584.
Doctor's Response

Dear Connie, Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience at our center. We do take pride in treating every patient as if they were family, I am glad you can enjoy life without glasses.

June 13th, 2012
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
Went for a second opinion and cost meover 300.00 dollars and probaly more.very nice the first visit then veryRUDE (the doctor) on the second visit.Told me I have Dry eye and did not needcontacts or glasses. but billed my insurance. I think these insurace companys should be looking into him....I left very disatisfied and confused..
Doctor's Response

I apologize if you thought the doctor was rude. That was certainly not the doctor's intention. Second opinions and follow-up visits are not free of charge at our office or any other medical office. Charging $300 for a second opinion is legitimate and standard in the industry. These exams tend to be complex and time-consuming, as patients often seek a second opinion after a bad result from another doctor. A doctor who does not rush a patient into having surgery and recommends treatment first, shows prudence on the doctor's part. This may not be what the patient prefers to hear as many patients come in expecting immediate results or have unreasonable expectations. If you would like to call our office and discuss your concerns, we would be happy to speak with you.