Dr. Mckay Mckinnon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mckay Mckinnon?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

October 4th, 2015

Tummy Tuck With No Results

I went to Dr. McKinnon earlier this year for a tummy tuck. On the day of consultation, he told me that I was not a big girl and that I can definitely achieve a flat stomach after the procedure, we discussed lipo for my flanks and back also. Well on the day of the procedure after I checked in for the operation and paid the fees, the Dr. informed me that he will not be doing lipo. I was very disappointed, however he assured me that I will still get the results that I was seeking. So I continued with the procedure. When I awaken after the surgery, my stomach was still surprising round! I asked to speak with Dr. Mckinnon, and he told me that I need to lose about ten more pounds and then I would have a flat stomach. Well after the surgery I lost 10 pounds and I still looked about 6 months pregnant. When I got the surgery I was 150 lbs, and I am 5"7, I dropped to 140 lbs and still had a pooch. I asked the Dr. why is this so and he said wait the three months post surgery when all the swelling is down and see him again. Well I did and it is 5 to 6 months post and I still look 6 months pregnant with dog ears on my sides. I went to see him again and he says there is nothing that he could do and I can pay to have a revision. I am very disappointed because he promised me results that he has never given me and instead of offering to make it right, he offered to charge me again to have the procedure done again. That is not fair. I have been very depressed and disappointed that I spent so much money to have no results! I feel misled and cheated. For these reasons I will not recommend him.

March 6th, 2013

Impressed

I've just finished watching 2 of the most amazing surgeries on television that I have ever witnessed.. If Dr.McKinnon lived in Canada I think I would have to marry him..just based on the fact that he seems to be an amazing surgeon but also a compassionate, caring individual...thank you for being such a blessing to so many lives!

November 5th, 2010

Very professional doctor

I had a breast augmentation by Dr. McKinnon. He was very professional and attentive. He went over all of my options and explained the difference in implants and what he thought was best for me. I am so happy with the surgery! I also liked that I had his cell phone as well as the office number so he was always available when I had questions. I would definitely recommend him!

June 29th, 2009

Most Negative Experience With a Plastic Surgeon

This is the worst experience I have ever had with aplastic surgeon. I was born with a birth defect, so I have had a lot ofexperiences with surgeons since childhood. I went to see Dr. McKinnon to get anopinion for further surgery and he got angry with me because I had chosenanother surgeon over him to do the previous procedure. His veiled hostility wasvery intimidating and he made no effort to make me feel comfortable. I alsofound him to emotionally unstable - I emailed him the week before surgery to requesta change in scope of work. When I called to follow up, he barely contained hisannoyance and didnt even respond to some of my thoughts about the surgery. Iended up hanging up without knowing if he was still on the line. It was a verystrange experience, and I am embarassed to say that I went ahead and had thesurgery anyway. A week after surgery, I was bleeding profusely from the areasof surgery and when I went to the emergency room to get it taken care of, herushed to put the cauterizing tool (extremely hot) in my mouth without lettingthe sedative take any effect at all. It was very painful and I winced but hehad no reaction to that at all, as if I were a lump of clay. I had rhinoplastydone and he didn't even put a nasal cast on my nose, which made is swell uplike a balloon and cause other complications. He offered some lame excuse butany good cosmetic plastic surgeon uses a nasal cast to minimize swelling.

March 11th, 2009

Dr. McKinnon is an amazing surgeon.

My husband has NF1. He had a huge tumor removed by Dr. McKinnon. I like his very calm nature. He tells you like it is and if he says it is ok then it is ok. He is very caring. I have read some not so flattering reviews of him and all I can say is that for us there was no better of a doctor. I do not know what we would have done without Dr. McKinnon's expertise and reassurance.

February 4th, 2009

you wont find a better doctor

December 19th, 2008

Excellent Plastic Surgeon

I pickec Dr. Mkinnon after interview a lot of other plastic surgeons. My daughter need reconstructive work in her chest, due to a birth defect. You can't find a better plastic surgeon if you tried. Dr. McKinnon is awesome!

July 26th, 2017