Dr. Mckay Platt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mckay Platt?

July 19th, 2015

After a phone interview with the doctor about my cancer, the doctor stated that if should wait for awhile to see how it progresses. After talking to Huntsman cancer hospital, they said to do it NOW! Afterwards, I requested that Dr Platt order an MRI to find out how the cancer has progressed and he stated: "We don't do MRI's to comfort patients, it is a waste of insurance money." Go somewhere else if you value your life. The doctor does not care about patients, only the money. He is scary.

June 15th, 2015

Got My Life Back

Anyone with interstitial cystitis needs to see him. He is one of 3 doctors in Utah associated with Medtronics Interstim and the surgery changed my life.

March 26th, 2012

Very Dissatisfied with Dr. Platt

I have a severe need for help with an enlarged prostate and frequent urination which precludes me from sleeping normally. Dr. Platt showed me pictures of successful opeartions he has performed by laser and convinced me that this was finally my ticket to a remedy. WRONG! The surgery was much more painful than he suggested it would be, and after over two years, I have had absolutely no relief as a result. When I complained to Dr. Platt about how ineffective the procedure was for me, he had me come in to the office so that he could give me some pills. They were equally ineffective. I have suffered from these symptoms for a long time and will never return to his office but am seeking more effective treatment(s) from more competent practitioners. I felt like Dr. Platt was much more excited about his laser machine than he was about helping me find relief. Please be careful that you don't fall for the same promises and pictures. Please also note that he keeps copies of an "arbitration" pamphlet at his front desk, a sure sign that others have been disappointed with the efficacy of his care!

September 22nd, 2009

from the wife of a bladder cancer patient

Dr. Platt is very good at what he does - he is a surgeon. I am not particularly thrilled with his bedside manner, but that is not my main concern- I want my husband to be well. His track record with bladder surgeries is excellent.I am not sure how up to date he is on effective cancer treatments, but I have done my homework (yes, pouring through the current medical research literature) and intend to discuss it with him.

August 23rd, 2016