Dr. Meena Khan MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Towson, MD

• Good
  • Bad

April 17th, 2015
She knows her stuff, but....
But, she is not a very nice person. Arrogant and condescending. Her bedside manner is zilch. Two visits were enough.

February 4th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Khan's for about 6 years now. Dr. Khan has been extremely helpful in adjusting my medication as my levels require. She takes the time to explain what she believes is going on and follows up with a phone call if the results show anything different from what she has anticipated. She asks thorough questions at each appointment and listens to my responses, adjusting her treatment plan. I would definitely recommend her to anyone in need of a GREAT endocrinologist.

May 8th, 2012
Great experience! She was professional and caring and really took the time to go over everything with me in detail. Would highly recommend her!!

February 6th, 2012
Dr. Kahn treated me as though she thought I was wasting her time. Though my thyroid blood-work came back normal, I was experiencing rapid weight gain (while following a balanced diet and exercising), exhaustion, depression, and fatigue. At my insistence, and thanks to the thoroughness of my GP, she ran tests and suggested an ultrasound of my thyroid. Then she told me to come back in 6-months. My symptoms became worse. And finally, a year after my initial visit, she ran a glucose tolerance test, finally diagnosing me as insulin resistance, which my GYN confirmed as related to PCOS. Dr. Kahn put me on Metformin, but totally failed to inform me of its side affects, including the possibility of causing hypoglycemia. Luckily, when I did experience hypoglycemia as a result of the metformin, I was not in my car. I was very disappointed in the time it took for an accurate diagnosis, and in her bedside manner. She made me feel as if I was wasting her time. Perhaps she should stick to research and leave patient care to someone more interested in making people feel better.

May 3rd, 2010
It took my GP to interpret my lab results and declare that I was being severly undertreated for my underactive thyroid. GP also determined that I had Autoimmune hypothyroid. Dr. Kahn only tested t4 and tsh, no antibodies. Sad, Very Sad!

February 17th, 2017