A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Meena Ahluwalia:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Meena Ahluwalia is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Meena Ahluwalia, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Internal Medicine - Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Colon Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahluwalia graduated from Government Medical College, Jammu. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Ahluwalia has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
- Wyoming Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ahluwalia accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 4 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Meena Ahluwalia practice?
Dr. Meena Ahluwalia practices Internal Medicine and Hospice & Palliative Medicine near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Casper, WY and New York, NY.
See Brooklyn Internists and Brooklyn Hospice & Palliative Specialists.