A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Meena Nathan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Meena Nathan, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Nathan graduated from Madras Medical College, Chennai.
Dr. Nathan has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nathan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 18 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 8 plans
- University Health Plan - 3 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 9 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Meena R. Nathan practice?
Dr. Meena Nathan practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Surgery near Newark, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Boston, MA.
See Newark Surgeons.