Dr. Meera Subramaniam MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Pulmonology Boston, MA

• Good
  • Bad

October 12th, 2015
Exemplary doctor with perfect intuition
Meera Subramaniam is an exceptional Doctor. Thoroughly concientious and gifted with perhaps the best medical intuition, she is able to sense , perceive and treat with astronomical precision. She also does that with complete ease and assurance. If there is such a thing as perfection , she certainly embodies it.

September 15th, 2015
Excellent Doctor

May 14th, 2015
Wonderful experience with Dr. Subramaniam
After many years and trips to and from specialists we finally found Dr. Subramaniam. She is so kind, thorough and extremely educated. Everytime my daughter has an appointment she makes us feel so welcome, always gives us the time we need...never feeling rushed! My child suffers from anxiety and it was very difficult the first time we visited Children's Hospital. Today, my daughter is excited about her appointments and looks forward to a visit with Dr. Sub. I could not ask for a better pulmanologist.

January 30th, 2015
In good hands
Dr. Meera Subramanyam is a caring and thoughtful doctor. She has followed my son, now a teenager, since he was 7years old. She returns calls promptly and answers questions patiently. Her examination is thorough and recommendations well thought out. We are very sure that we have our son in good hands.

January 30th, 2015
Always has time for you
My Son was born early and from birth had issues with his lungs. He had not been doing well for some time and then we found Dr.Subramaniam. She checked him out thoroughly and talked through his history of medication. Our main concern was to find a way of getting his lungs to be stronger so we could wean him off medicines (at that point earlier doctors had told us that he would be on inhalers for life). She helped us by putting him on a planned and monitored dose reduction. After two years on her plan, combined with a lot of physical activities, our son is almost off any medication and does not have any wheezing. The past two years has indeed been a pleasure and I would recommend her to everyone.

September 2nd, 2014
RN
After missing 17+ day of school, numerous trips to the PCP, 1 trip to ED and several appointments with a local pulmonologist, I was at the end of my rope. I met with Dr. Subramaniam and within one appointment my sons asthma/chronic cough was gone. Dr. Subramaniam listened to everything I had to tell her, got a history that no one has ever listened to and did not judge me as a mother doing my best. It has been about 10 months since we had our first apt with BCH and Dr. Subramaniam and thing have been going very well. I have to drive about 1.5 hours to get to the appointments but NEVER again will I see our local pulmonologist who's "cookie cutter" "one size fits all" was terrible for my son and our family. I cannot say enough good things about our visti with the BCH pulmonary department and feel very lucky that Dr Subramaniam was assigned to our case that day.

April 28th, 2013
terrible experience
We did not agree with the diagnosis Dr. Subramanian gave our child and wanted a second opinion. We took her to another pulmonologist that we knew had good rapport with many of our friends. This doctor was so infuriated that we questioned her opinion that she then reported us! Our new doctor went above and beyond to prove that our daughter was safe and had proper medical care. Our new doctor also completely disagreed with the course of treatment she recommended and changed all medicines and now she is thriving!! We are grateful for our wonderful new pulmonary physician and will warn other parents about this dangerous doctor.

April 5th, 2013
Wonderful, caring doctor
We have been fortunate to have Dr. Subramaniam as my daughter's pulmonologist for several years. She is very caring and takes the time to listen to our concerns and carefully explains her diagnosis. She was a reassuring presence through our daughter's surgery that otherwise would have been a much more anxious experience. Dr Subramaniam has been very available when we needed advice later, even when we were overseas.

March 25th, 2013
Fantastic Doctor
We have been with Dr. Subramaniam since my son was an infant; he is now ten years old. First, I must say my son enjoys his visits with Dr. Subramaniam (kind of odd, who has a child that enjoys Doctor's visits). We are always greeted with a sincere hello and a fantastic smile. She spends as much time as we need to discuss issues and come up with a plan of action. Anytime we have questions or concerns we simply call or email her and are always contacted back quickly. She is very professional, intelligent, and has a great personality (qualities hard to find in Doctors these days) we are privileged to have her as my sons Pulmonary Doctor.

January 31st, 2013
We will miss you Dr. Subramaniam, thanks for all your support
My son first visited Dr. Subramaniam when he was 6 years old. He would go blue in the face and had a lot of issues. With Dr. Subramanium's support and help she guided me through the process that my son had to go. She coordinated with all his doctors at Children's and Mass Eye and Ear. She even scheduled for them all to meet and review his condition. Over the past 8 years, both my son and I have developed a great relationship with with Dr. Subramaniam. We are going to miss her now that my son no longer need to return to Children's.

October 28th, 2011
A rare find
Dr. Subramaniam is one of the most knowledgeable and caring pediatricians my family has encountered. She has a wonderful bedside manner. She very accurately diagnoses my child, which of course is one of the most important criteria for a physician. Moreover, she explains the diagnosis in layman terms and takes the time to listen to both my child and our concerns and comments. What I also appreciate is that she doesn't over treat. I am so happy that we have such a trusted physician in the Boston area.

July 11th, 2011
Absolutely wonderful doctor; she was amazingly nice to both our child and us. Would highly recommend her to anyone.