inactive

Meg C Knowles MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 9th, 2016
Depression
She's ok to talk to but she is way to liberal with drugs.

October 7th, 2016
Recently Disappointed
Up until recently, I would have rated her 5 stars for everything... went on "indefinite and unexpected" leave a while back... turns out she's been indicted on 4 counts of buying and distributing stimulants. She was amazing and I still can believe it.

September 20th, 2016
Customer Service
I would never go to a Doctor that doesn't pay her bills and runs from responsibilities. And I see she is still running. They should take her license!

March 1st, 2016
Dr. Knowles is apparently no longer practicing. I read that she lost her License in Wisconsin. Ministry let her go...

August 24th, 2015
The best!
Dr Knowles helped me through so much during her time here. I have been with this clinic for 15 years and her loss to this group is a big one. Dr Knowles has been my best psychiatrist by far. I hope she will start practicing again. She is greatly missed.

August 20th, 2015
I put off going to see a psychiatrist for years. Mainly because of the stigmas associated with the field by a large portion of society (myself included). That all changed when I finally went to see Dr. Knowles. For the first time I felt comfortable enough to speak candidly about my problems. That was something I was unable to do with my primary care physicians. I did not feel judged, nor did I feel the need to hold back information. I had been seeing Dr. Knowles for the last 2 years or so, but recently found out she is no longer at Ministry. So, I was forced to see a different doctor at Ministry. I have seen him twice now and will not be going back again. He was uninterested in anything I had to say and stared at his computer 90% of the time. I miss Dr. Knowles already, and hope she will be practicing in the area soon.....In regard to some of the reviews, to each his/her own. I liked the fact that she didn't mince words and told it like it was, it saved a lot of time. Some people are sensitive and read too much into things. If that is you, then she probably not a good fit. But if you want results and to find out what treatments will work for you, then she is the type of Dr. I would choose every time.

August 7th, 2015
You name it messed up
I started seeing her not too long ago, I have to say before is started to see her I was in a place I cannot even explain! I could not seem to understand or get out of the place I was in, continually ending up in the hospital. When Meg Knowles saw me, it was an instant feeling of confidence that someone could help me!! She did, she listened, she heard me, and she never made me feel like I was disturbed,.... she helped me understand not only that I was not alone in where I was at that point in life, but made me feel confident in knowing I would get better... I am so sad now that she is not back, I understand how these things happen. I feel like it is very difficult to connect with anyone, however I felt I did with her, she heard me... I appreciate so much for what she has done for me, I am on a road in which I will heal. I know this I can feel it, I just wish I had a way to thank her.

May 18th, 2015
She is the best of the best. Pulled me out of a severe depression. I recommend her to anyone!

March 27th, 2015
Very helpful...I would recommend her.

March 6th, 2015
A great psychiatrist....depending on your personality....
If you are considering seeing Dr. Knowles, please read this.... In reading these reviews, people seem to judge Dr. Knowles based on her looks, her education, or the way she runs her practice. I am a highly educated person but had some tough times in life, which is what sent me to Dr. Knowles. Upon entering her office, when I was upwards of 300 pounds and in a bout of major depression, I saw a 90 pound, skinny, bleach-blonde and wondered how she was going to help me! However, by the end of the appointment, she had won me over with her demeanor and personality. She worked with me to get me the meds I needed, when I needed them. She treated me like the highly educated person that I am, despite the mental state I was in when she first saw me. Just because she went to "Johns Hopkins", she does not overrate herself - anyone who has talked to her about her medical educational background would know she isn't an arrogant "Johns Hopkins" graduate. However, I will say that psychiatry is a very personalized thing. If you don't hit it off with her, you don't click - that is fine. Find someone you do click with. Personally, her attire never bothered me. She dressed appropriately, fashionable, etc. (Remember she is not from a smaller city (she lived in Chicago, San Francisco, etc.), so her clothes she came with are the clothes she wears - should she change her wardrobe and buy all new clothing because of where she is working now?) I am not sure what people expected of her attire - a head-to-toe suit and white coat? That would have made me more uncomfortable than the atmosphere she provided... Never did she wear anything "inappropriate", in my opinion, "inappropriate" would be a low-cut, cleavage bearing top and a short skirt or shorts....that is not her wardrobe or how she dresses - Typically I saw her wearing pants, nice dresses, cords, boots, sweaters, long-sleeve dressier T-shirts (not low cut), V-neck shirts. Does she dress differently than most in Wisconsin, yes, but I don't fault her for that.

March 4th, 2015
Attentive Listener
Very attentive listener, great diagnostician, knowledgeable, keeps up with latest information and research, pleasant and personable

January 8th, 2015
Patient
I have read all the reviews of Dr. Knowles posted on this site as well those posted on other sites. This website has reviews that seem to most accurately represent my experience over the past two years with Dr. Knowles. My meetings with her with her were defined with: * drug prescriptions for all behavior issues * self-indulging questions by Dr. Knowles * inattentiveness on her part * aloof behavior by her * inappropriate dress (my opinion) * incompetent staff: lack of communication between staff followup with pharmacy very poor I have decided not to seek any additional help from Dr. Knowles. I would not recommend friend or family to her.