Family Physicians

10815 W McDowell Rd
Ste 304
Avondale, AZ 85392
(602) 633-3838
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Will go to another doctor  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2013

I’ve been with Dr. Blackburn office for more than 6 months but I have never met her in person. Her stuffs are rude. Both nurse practitioners are rude and don’t like to answer questions. They will only deal with one of your problems at a time and annoy if you tell them you have more than one problems. I will never go back to them for sure!!

|  show details
Apr 26th, 2012

It has become very hard to get an appointment with Dr. Blackburn in a reasonable time. Her staff tries to switch you to her nurse practitioners. It is impossible to talk with anyone in her office without a 24-48 hour or more wait. I recently had a stent placed in my heart and I was unable to get an appointment with her in less than five days. I have been waiting 8 days for a referral to a cardiologist. A lab order that was supposedly sent electronically to a lab office was never received by them and 2 RX's also were never received by the pharmacy.

|  Top Notch  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Unfortantely I had to move with my job, but I LOVE Dr. Blackburn and her entire staff and I will miss them dearly! They are wonderful as far as I'm concerned and the care I received while a patient was top notch!

|  Doesn't focus on patient and their needs/symptoms  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

I was having issues with bleeding hemorrhoids for a while so decided to go to the doctor for advice and possible referral to a specialist. Lo and behold, Dr. Blackburn barely listened to my concerns about discomfort with my problem and that it to a lot for a man to come to the doctor for help. All I got was the standard suppository treatment and was told my problem was not serious, even though I had been dealing with it for years and knew it was painful and uncomfortable on a daily basis.Dr. Blackburn was more concerned about an irregular heartbeat (which I have had my whole life) and wanted to send me to heart specialists instead of addressing what I came to her for help with. I explained that I had always had a weird heartbeat and never had pain, etc. Just how I am. She should have referred me to a proctologist for help with what I came there for. Instead she referred me to a cardiologist. I think she has a problem paying attention to her patient needs and looks for other things she can address and refer patients to her other doctor buddies at her medical center. Another issue with her is she has her staff attend to 90% of the exam, etc. I pay to come see a doctor - not a nurse.

|  Worst staff I have ever seen  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2011

I THINK DR. BLACKBURN WOULD BE A GREAT DOCTOR IF SHE GOT RID OF HER STAFF. THEY ARE THE MOST INCOMPETENT PEOPLE I HAVE EVER SEEN. THEY DON'T RETURN PHONE CALLS TO HER PATIENTS. THEY DON'T GET THE REFERRALS CORRECT, THEY SEND YOU TO THE WRONG DOCTOR, THEY DON'T CHECK THEIR MESSAGES IN A TIMELY MANNER. MY VISIT TO DR. BLACKBURN WAS IN FEB. AND IT IS APRIL AND I AM STILL WAITING TO SEE A SPECIALIST.

|  not impressed  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

Office staff are rude and seem to push you through like a factory line. Doctor was sloppy in appearance and gave me no confidence in her diagnosis.

|  Awful Experience  |  show details
by Upset Patient on Apr 14th, 2010

I have truly been uphappy with the way Dr. Blackburn conducts business with her patients. She doesn't listen when you are talking. She didn't seem to care about my horrible symptoms. She ran tests and would perscribe the same medicines without talking to me. I was given the same medicine for a year. Umm if it didn't work the first 2 times, its not going to work! She is rude, doesn't listen and cold. I ended up switching doctors and it turns out I had something very easy to cure!