Dr. Megan Blackburn MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 28th, 2016
The Worst
I too had trouble actually seeing Dr Blackburn and was shifted to her nurse practitioners a few times. The only decent person there is her nurse practitioner Barbara...but the other one? What a mess...he likes to hand out lots of medication, smirks when you try and explain why you're there and then brushes you off and out the door with a new script. He wrote an RX for steroids and when I called his office to tell him I couldn't take steroids (the info was in his paperwork) he told his nurse to tell me to just suffer then!!! What???? When I did finally see Dr Blackburn, it was like a dark comedy, she was giving me my yearly while discussing her kid...I had questions but she completely ignored them!!!! Terrifies me to think there's people out there with this much power and so little sense or compassion! Would never go back...!!!!

February 25th, 2016
Like the other posts say, run don't walk away from this office. I have never posted about a doctor but felt the public needed to know why they should avoid this practice. Needed a life or death refill on medication. Doctor refused to fill unless another appointment was made. Have been on this medication for years. This was after I had been there several times, she had current blood work, etc. no reason not to fill this. She just wants the money from you having to keep coming back for appointments. I wondered why the waiting room was always empty, now I know.

February 23rd, 2016
gave my husband golitly for constipation and three days later he died. Took 5 days for her to complete a death certificate causing great emotional distress to me and my family. Then wrote on it that he died of cardiovascular disease when he never even had a cardiologist. RUN don't walk

February 2nd, 2016
BEWARE!!!!
I was basically was told to leave the office because I did not want to take a certain medication! I do not recommend this office to no one!!!!

October 24th, 2015
Beware if you have more than one health issue they will only address 1 per visit. You have to make another appointment. They said it was insurance rules. I called my insurance carrier and they had never heard of this. They just want more money/visits!

February 3rd, 2015
Office Staff were very rude an disrespectful

December 5th, 2014
Why?
Dr. Blackburn, Why did you treat me so badly? I have been seeing you for 8 years. Does a patient that has been with you for so many years deserve your angered attitude. I asked for an appointment but now patients have to self diagnose themselves so that they can request the type of appointment they need, otherwise she gets upset. So if I am suffering from two or three things that are not related, I have to make three different appointments. When a patient has been suffering and living with constant pain due to arthritis and fibromyalgia, this human being is desperate as I am. I asked if I could have her fill out the form to take to the MVB for an extension on my disabled parking form which will expire at the end of the month. The answer with an attitude was," I'm going to take care of your present condition, which is what's important." I left this office so hurt and depressed. Stupid me, this has not been the first time.

February 13th, 2013
Will go to another doctor
I’ve been with Dr. Blackburn office for more than 6 months but I have never met her in person. Her stuffs are rude. Both nurse practitioners are rude and don’t like to answer questions. They will only deal with one of your problems at a time and annoy if you tell them you have more than one problems. I will never go back to them for sure!!

April 26th, 2012
It has become very hard to get an appointment with Dr. Blackburn in a reasonable time. Her staff tries to switch you to her nurse practitioners. It is impossible to talk with anyone in her office without a 24-48 hour or more wait. I recently had a stent placed in my heart and I was unable to get an appointment with her in less than five days. I have been waiting 8 days for a referral to a cardiologist. A lab order that was supposedly sent electronically to a lab office was never received by them and 2 RX's also were never received by the pharmacy.

April 24th, 2012
Top Notch
Unfortantely I had to move with my job, but I LOVE Dr. Blackburn and her entire staff and I will miss them dearly! They are wonderful as far as I'm concerned and the care I received while a patient was top notch!

May 20th, 2011
Doesn't focus on patient and their needs/symptoms
I was having issues with bleeding hemorrhoids for a while so decided to go to the doctor for advice and possible referral to a specialist. Lo and behold, Dr. Blackburn barely listened to my concerns about discomfort with my problem and that it to a lot for a man to come to the doctor for help. All I got was the standard suppository treatment and was told my problem was not serious, even though I had been dealing with it for years and knew it was painful and uncomfortable on a daily basis.Dr. Blackburn was more concerned about an irregular heartbeat (which I have had my whole life) and wanted to send me to heart specialists instead of addressing what I came to her for help with. I explained that I had always had a weird heartbeat and never had pain, etc. Just how I am. She should have referred me to a proctologist for help with what I came there for. Instead she referred me to a cardiologist. I think she has a problem paying attention to her patient needs and looks for other things she can address and refer patients to her other doctor buddies at her medical center. Another issue with her is she has her staff attend to 90% of the exam, etc. I pay to come see a doctor - not a nurse.

April 13th, 2011
not impressed
Office staff are rude and seem to push you through like a factory line. Doctor was sloppy in appearance and gave me no confidence in her diagnosis.