Dr. Megan Blackburn, MD
Family Practitioner

3.0

Feb 3rd, 2015

Office Staff were very rude an disrespectful

Why? show details Why?
by Nilda on Dec 5th, 2014

Dr. Blackburn, Why did you treat me so badly? I have been seeing you for 8 years. Does a patient that has been with you for so many years deserve your angered attitude. I asked for an appointment but now patients have to self diagnose themselves so that they can request the type of appointment they need, otherwise she gets upset. So if I am suffering from two or three things that are not related, I have to make three different appointments. When a patient has been suffering and living with constant pain due to arthritis and fibromyalgia, this human being is desperate as I am. I asked if I could have her fill out the form to take to the MVB for an extension on my disabled parking form which will expire at the end of the month. The answer with an attitude was," I'm going to take care of your present condition, which is what's important." I left this office so hurt and depressed. Stupid me, this has not been the first time.

Will go to another doctor show details Will go to another doctor
Feb 13th, 2013

I’ve been with Dr. Blackburn office for more than 6 months but I have never met her in person. Her stuffs are rude. Both nurse practitioners are rude and don’t like to answer questions. They will only deal with one of your problems at a time and annoy if you tell them you have more than one problems. I will never go back to them for sure!!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Apr 26th, 2012

It has become very hard to get an appointment with Dr. Blackburn in a reasonable time. Her staff tries to switch you to her nurse practitioners. It is impossible to talk with anyone in her office without a 24-48 hour or more wait. I recently had a stent placed in my heart and I was unable to get an appointment with her in less than five days. I have been waiting 8 days for a referral to a cardiologist. A lab order that was supposedly sent electronically to a lab office was never received by them and 2 RX's also were never received by the pharmacy.

Top Notch show details Top Notch
Apr 24th, 2012

Unfortantely I had to move with my job, but I LOVE Dr. Blackburn and her entire staff and I will miss them dearly! They are wonderful as far as I'm concerned and the care I received while a patient was top notch!

Doesn't focus on patient and their needs/symptoms show details Doesn't focus on patient and their needs/symptoms
May 20th, 2011

I was having issues with bleeding hemorrhoids for a while so decided to go to the doctor for advice and possible referral to a specialist. Lo and behold, Dr. Blackburn barely listened to my concerns about discomfort with my problem and that it to a lot for a man to come to the doctor for help. All I got was the standard suppository treatment and was told my problem was not serious, even though I had been dealing with it for years and knew it was painful and uncomfortable on a daily basis.Dr. Blackburn was more concerned about an irregular heartbeat (which I have had my whole life) and wanted to send me to heart specialists instead of addressing what I came to her for help with. I explained that I had always had a weird heartbeat and never had pain, etc. Just how I am. She should have referred me to a proctologist for help with what I came there for. Instead she referred me to a cardiologist. I think she has a problem paying attention to her patient needs and looks for other things she can address and refer patients to her other doctor buddies at her medical center. Another issue with her is she has her staff attend to 90% of the exam, etc. I pay to come see a doctor - not a nurse.

Worst staff I have ever seen show details Worst staff I have ever seen
Apr 20th, 2011

I THINK DR. BLACKBURN WOULD BE A GREAT DOCTOR IF SHE GOT RID OF HER STAFF. THEY ARE THE MOST INCOMPETENT PEOPLE I HAVE EVER SEEN. THEY DON'T RETURN PHONE CALLS TO HER PATIENTS. THEY DON'T GET THE REFERRALS CORRECT, THEY SEND YOU TO THE WRONG DOCTOR, THEY DON'T CHECK THEIR MESSAGES IN A TIMELY MANNER. MY VISIT TO DR. BLACKBURN WAS IN FEB. AND IT IS APRIL AND I AM STILL WAITING TO SEE A SPECIALIST.

not impressed show details not impressed
Apr 13th, 2011

Office staff are rude and seem to push you through like a factory line. Doctor was sloppy in appearance and gave me no confidence in her diagnosis.

Awful Experience show details Awful Experience
by Upset Patient on Apr 14th, 2010

I have truly been uphappy with the way Dr. Blackburn conducts business with her patients. She doesn't listen when you are talking. She didn't seem to care about my horrible symptoms. She ran tests and would perscribe the same medicines without talking to me. I was given the same medicine for a year. Umm if it didn't work the first 2 times, its not going to work! She is rude, doesn't listen and cold. I ended up switching doctors and it turns out I had something very easy to cure!