Internist, General Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Do not recommend!  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2014

Its unfortunate that Dr. Jhaver has chosen to surround herself with such poor office staff. They are rude, dishonest, and need training in how to talk to patients. In the time I have seen her (less than two years) she has gone through 3 different PA's with only one being competent. Her policy is such that you have to see her PA and not her at least every other visit, even if you make an appointment with her. This makes it very hard to establish a relationship with her. If you are sick you will definitely not be seeing her. You are truly at the mercy of her PA which in my experience have been pretty bad. If you choose to be a patient of Dr. Jhaver just know that you will not be seeing her very much per her policy.

by Martha Palmer on Jul 18th, 2014

Dr Jhaver is the kindest most effecient doctor I have seen. She asked about my family and know them by name. She dedicates my office visit listening to all my issues. I am so happy I was referred to her by my phychologist. Getting my husband to go to a doctor on a regular basis was very difficult. I never have to beg him any longer to see a doctor. Since going to Dr. Jhaver he has never missed an appointment. He respects her and all her treatment recomendations. His family history of heart decease it very high. I worried he would never take care of himself until it was too late. With Dr. Jhaver he has never missed his medications or any blood work that is ordered. Thank you Dr Jhaver for taken such great care of us.

|  Complaints  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2014

Dr. Jhaver appears to be very caring, but that stops with her. Some of her staff do not care and are very incompetent with communication. I asked 3 times for my lab results be sent to my other physicians. After the 3rd request it was sent. Attention is not paid to detail with vital signs and etc. I have been left without refills of medication without any response to the pharmacy as to why they were not filled. I am a diabetic and keep a daily record of my glucose levels. I have not been asked to see my records. I was put on a new medicine for benign tremors. I am an asthmatic and I started having shortness of breath. I had to restart my oxygen. After reading about the new medicine could cause shortness of breath, I called Dr. Jhaver’s office midmorning on a week day. I told the woman at the front desk (not sure of her name, maybe Maria or Maryanne) what was happening with me. I was very clear that I wanted to know if the new med could be causing my problem. About 1:30 pm I called back and someone named Angie answered. She said she would speak to Dr. Jhaver and call me back. Sometime after that someone called me back and asked if I had nail polish on my fingernails. She said that might be why the pulse oximetry might be reading low. I told her no I was not wearing nail polish. She said she would tell Dr. Jhaver and get back to me. A few minutes later (Maria or Maryann) called back and told me to see a pulmonary doctor and gave me a name of one. I told her that I already have a pulmonary doctor and they had his name on record. She told me to call them when I got an appointment. I asked her why and she said because you are short of breath. I said thank you for your help and hung up.

Feb 23rd, 2014

I have seen Dr. Jhaver for years. She came highlt recommended by my carfioligist. She is thorough and patient. She takes her time and does not rush me at my visits. I have read some of the negative reviews and disagree 100% with them. These people writing these horrible things are crazy. This doctor is amazing and I would never see anyone else!

|  Don't make here your primary care!  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2014

Megan Jhaver turns patients away if they are not fifteen minutes early 5 minutes late, even if the next available appointment is a month away. This includes patients that are severely ill with anemia. Their staff is also not professional at all. They also charge for a signature for IFMLA and if you need an refill on prescription, you need an appointment first. So if the next available appointment is in a month, the patient is out of luck for an entire month! This doctor also refuses to call a patient back if she doesn't feel like talking, which forces the patient to speak to one of the assistants. I had enough once the doctor had the nerve to state, "if you do not like it, go find another doctor!." That is unprofessionalism and bad customer service. She needs to definitely be reviewed, shadowed and be required to take training courses on how to be more professional.

Jan 7th, 2014

Dr. Jhaver has been my doctor for approximately 4 years and I think she is great. A couple of months ago I developed a problem and called her office for a appointment. I ask if I could please see Dr. Jhaver this time. They assured me I could. I got there, got all checked in and was told the PA would be right in. I said no I was told I could see Dr. Jhaver. She went to check and came back in and told me Dr Jhaver took me off her schedule that morning and it was out of her control. I had seen the PA only once before and didn't care for him. I did not want to see him that day. I needed to get Dr Jhaver advice because I was in pain and I trusted her so much. I left the office very quietly. Today I called to make an appointment and was told that the last time I was in her office she discharged me and would no longer see me. I must say I was shocked. Really Dr Jhaver!! We always had such a good relationship. Goodbye and good luck!

|  Great doctor. Staff...not so much  |  show details
by Frustrated on Dec 22nd, 2013

I've seen Dr Jhaver for a few years and am very happy with her level of care. However, I am constantly frustrated with her office staff. My pharmacy's requests for refills are routinely ignored (they claim they never receive them, which is untrue because the pharmacy shows the the faxes were indeed received). So, I have to follow up every single time. And today I was trying to leave a message, but there is no way to leave a message on their voicemail??? Hey, it's 2013! You might want to upgrade your technology! Her staff seems immature and uneducated, They are not familiar with names/spellings of common medications and generally just don't seem very interested in their jobs.I know it's difficult to find good people and I suspect it's a symptom of not wanting to pay for the best staff. How sad, I would GLADLY pay a little more for better service.

|  Appt. was for a physical exam not esophageal reflux  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2013

My wife made an appointment for a physical exam on October 18th. The Dr. took her blood pressure, asked her a few questions, and ordered blood work. When I looked in the patient portal for the visit, it indicated on her chart that she was being seen for esophageal reflux. The physical exam would have been fully covered by our insurance. My wife never mentioned reflux at the visit and the doctor did not treat her for it. We contacted the office to have this corrected. We were told that changing the insurance code would be insurance fraud on their part. Actually, this seems to be fraud on the part of the doctor and her office. We will seek a resolution to this issue. Obviously, we would never reccommend Dr. Jhaver. Ethics are important to us.

by Adrienne W on Oct 6th, 2013

Dr. Megan Jhaver is incredibly intuitive, supportive, attentive and by far the best primary care physician I have ever had. She's very intelligent and organized, kind-hearted, and remembers you as a person rather than just another number after meeting you only once. If her patients are in critical need, she spends the extra time with them to ensure the best decision is made for their health. I moved here 2 years ago, was referred to her by my pain doctor and I felt so comfortable that I sent my husband to her for care as well. We love Dr. Jhaver and her NP, Rick Amend. Cannot speak highly enough of them. Amazing team!

Aug 27th, 2013

This office is really a joke, I see her responses to bad reviews which she is totally not truthful. Yes you do see the NP unless you state you want her. Her staff is the rudest staff I have ever seen anywhere. Try to get medical records from her, absolutely impossible. They tell you that they sent the records but funny how the other doctors never receive them after months of trying. She can call me a liar but I have no reason to lie. This is the poorest run office I have seen, too many chiefs and not enough indians.

Aug 17th, 2013

Dr. Jhaver is the best primary care/internist doctor I have ever met. For the first time in my life, I feel as though there is someone truly watching over my health, well being, and best interests. She is unique in her field in that she actually cares about the health of her patients and is also passionate about her work. I moved to Arizona from California almost two years ago and was fortunate enough receive a high referral to Dr. Jhaver from my cardiologist. I do not like living in Arizona, but will always return to visit--even if end up moving out of state--to remain a patient of Dr. Jhaver.

|  second note on the response  |  show details
by the patient on Aug 2nd, 2013

It is impossible for her not to have seen it on 25th. Hundreds saw and experienced it. I guess truth does not matter if the intent is not to acknowledge it. Despite the unexpectedness not a single inappropriate word was spoken to the staff or the doctor. The doctor has a special relative time. A patient who arrives at the exact time of the appointment is already late by 15 minutes. Most of the patients most of the time arrive earlier than the appointment and still wait 20 to 25 minutes in the exam room for the doctor. Should the doctor not respond to their trust at times by meeting them halfway if they are late by a few minutes and need help. I guess not. Best of luck and bye.

|  A note on the response  |  show details
by Patient on Aug 2nd, 2013

In response to the review dated July 25 doctor writes 'She accounts that there were repairs on the road which is absolutely false' The following url link has the official record of the traffic restrictions imposed in Chandler beginning 25th of July. As special characters are not allowed by Vitals to be put in the review please replace words DOT, FRONTSLASH and DASH with the special character they indicate. www DOT chandleraz DOT gov FRONTSLASH Contents FRONTSLASH traffic DASH control DASH restrictions DOT pdf Number 10 in the map and the list indicates the traffic restriction imposed on 25th at the intersection of Dobson and Pecos where her clinic is.

|  reviewtest  |  show details
by test reviewer on Aug 2nd, 2013

This is a test

Jul 30th, 2013

Dr. Jhaver has been my doctor for approximately 2 years now. Being referred to her was one of the most fortunate events in my life. She dramatically improved my quality of life by successfully addressing my recent series of cascading and intricate health issues. Dr. Jhaver truly cares about the physical, spiritual and emotional condition of her patients. She is invested in the welfare of her patients and relishes the opportunity to hear about our progress. Dr. Jhaver and her staff are very encouraging, patient and informative. I never feel rushed during my interactions with them. I proudly recommend her and her associates to my friends and relatives.

|  Disappointed with the callousness  |  show details
by A long-time patient on Jul 25th, 2013

I chose Dr. Jhaver as my PCP in 2009. I saw her on a regular basis as I always have had good insurance coverage and I have been mindful of my health. Every test she prescribed was completed and she was happy with how I managed my condition. The file and her notes should reveal that. Since last year my appointments were given to the nurse practitioner and he too was quite satisfied with the test results and my management of my condition. For 2012 all tests prescribed by them were completed and the results were to the satisfaction of the doctor. On July 12th, 13 I called their clinic for a new prescription for the medicine that she had been prescribing for last 3 years and which I have been taking without a day's break. The receptionist took the information and told me that she would call the pharmacy. After about two hours I got a call from her that Dr Jhaver has refused the prescription and must see me before she would give it to me. I made an appointment to see her that very week but still she refused the prescription. On fourth attempt the office manager told me that she would call the pharmacy for 4 days supply. That week on 16th I was seen by the nurse practitioner. After examining me he wrote the same prescription, at my request gave me a referral to my specialist, prescribed the routine blood work. The blood work was completed the very next day. I got a call from an assistant after three days that based on the report I should follow the same regime I had been following. I requested some more details on the test but was asked to make another appointment. In the meantime the specialist to whom I had been referred to had given me a treatment which as side effect had caused high blood pressure and elevated sugar level and I had been asked to consult the PCP. I made an appointment with Dr Jhaver at 4 PM on 25th, the very next day. I work full time and had to drive and there was huge repair on the road where her clinic is and it was blocked. I had to reach the clinic by taking a different turn and then finding the way. I signed in at 4:10. Note that this appointment was within 10 days of the 1st appointment. I was told that Dr Jhaver was in a meeting and she would not see me as I was late, it did not matter if by only few minutes. I requested that I am seeing her as I am going through some severe side effects and might have to go to the ER if she did not see me. but still Dr Jhaver, whom I could see from where I was, refused to see me. I told them this was a very new experience for me and was it that Dr Jhaver did not care to have me as a patient. I was told that you might consider that to be so. Besides my age, which is much more than that of Dr Jhaver, I hold a Doctorate degree and have always looked for a rationale behind an unexpected behavior. But I cannot find one for this. I am very disappointed and this has been a very painful experience for me. I was able to see another doctor and got the treatment for my condition but I find Dr. Jhaver's behavior today unethical and dangerous.

Doctor's Response

This patient has been in my practice since 2009. She has a repeated history of being non-compliant with follow ups and medical testing as recommended. Her prescription refill was denied bec she had not been seen in the office for 8 months and had not had labs done for close to a year. When she called to make a follow-up appointment she was accommodated immediately. She has complex medical issues that require close follow-up and periodic blood testing. It would be very dangerous and irresponsible for me to refill her medications without doing due diligence. She came into my office fifteen minutes late for her appointment. She accounts that there were repairs on the road which is absolutely false and shows poor credibility to her character. In my office she demanded that I see her and threatened that she was going to leave my practice if I would not see her. She then threatened my office staff telling them that she was going to go on the Internet and write negative things about me and my practice. At that point I asked my staff to please have her leave the office because she was being disruptive, rude and disrespectful. The sad part about the whole situation is the "meeting" that she was referring to was something very sentimental to me. I was going to the hospital for a social call to visit a patient recently diagnosed with acute leukemia who was taking his diagnosis very hard. I was going to spend time with him and his family to lift their spirits.

|  DON'T BE 5 MIN. LATE!  |  show details
by Linda LaMay on Jul 19th, 2013

My husband made my appt. a few days ago and was asked A.M. or P.M.? He chose 3:30 P.M. I arrived at 3:35 P.M. according to the nurse. They took my co-pay, my vitals, and led me to a room until 4:05 P.M. Then the nurse came in and said they had tried to "fit me in", but Dr. Jhaver relayed to the nurse that she was too busy. I would have to reschedule. I have been a patient for a few years, along with my husband and son. I have been sick for over a week and today was my only day off. They would not let me talk to the doctor. I started to cry. I work outside and have been feeling lightheaded and exhaused. They didn't care. I was told I should have been there 5-10 min. early. THEIR own paperwork states 10 min. late and you forfeit your appt., NOT FIVE. Also, the nurse made me feel embarrassed and belittled.

Doctor's Response

This patient's testimony is absolutely false. She states in her post she was late. A 5 minute delay actually ends up being 20 minutes by the time the patient is checked in. Is it fair to make patients who come on time wait because some patients aren't responsible enough to be on time? We work very hard in my practice to keep wait times down. She states she was my patient for a few years along with her husband and son. I must have been a reliable and caring doctor for her to refer her son to me. People don't just keep coming to see a doctor they don't have faith in. Furthermore, if she followed up sooner and routinely her issues could have been appropriately addressed instead of waiting till the last minute. She was rude and disruptive in my office and we had to ask her to leave the office because she was scaring people in my lobby. Her husband then called my staff and left me a threatening message. My practice is better off without patients like her.

Jun 19th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Jhaver's for over a year now. I can say we had an issue with a member of the office staff one time. I let Dr. Jhaver's know and she handled it right away. As far as the medical care I have received from her I can't complain. She has always had a great attitude with me (and that's hard to do) and explained everything in detail. I also want to point out I have a VERY extensive medical history to include removal of a major organ in 2010. She made sure to do a complete review with me and my file prior to any new treatments. That right there gave me all the confidence in the world in her. Look past any learning mistakes that might be made by a young office staff and give helpful feedback to the doctor. That's what I did and I am satisfied!

May 13th, 2013

I have been coming to her for 2 years, it was great in the beginning. Now when you make an appointment you get her NP, someone I don't like much. Her office staff is the rudest I have ever seen. Someone said they should all be fired, they are right. Especially that one that talks like her mouth if full of something. Now they are putting your medical information on a web page, I signed a confidentiality clause when I first started going to her. She never made me aware this was going to happen. With internet hacking this is something I am extremely upset about. It is a way for the government to get your healthcare information. I am currently looking for a new doctor.

Doctor's Response

In my office you are never seen by the NP all the time. I see patients after every NP visit. My NP works very closely with me. I also see all new patients, hospital follow ups and sick patients. My practice uses an electronic medical record which is mandatory. All information is kept secure and confidential. I think the person writing this is very uninformed.

Feb 22nd, 2013

Dr. Jhaver is an excellent doctor. I have been seeing her for years. She never rushes me and always takes the time to listen to me. She has gone out of her way to come and see me in the hospital just for a social call. She is bright and intelligent and will get to the bottom of any problem. She is compassionate and caring. She gives me a hug every time I see her. I have never met a doctor that hugs! She has a bright smile that will put you at ease. Great doc. Great person!

|  I dont like doctors much but I like Dr Jhaver  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

My wife and I both go to see Dr Jhaver, and she has become a good friend of ours, more than just a dr she really cares about the patients and you can feel that. If you are looking for a dr that just writes a prescription and shuffles you threw the office she is not the one for you, she takes the time to know what your concerns are and is always a comfort. He office staff is always nice also; they ask to see pictures of our baby each time I come in and are polite and professional.

|  Fabulous Doctor and staff!  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

I have seen Dr. Jhaver for a few years now and she is the best! Makes you comfortable and takes the time to really talk with you instead of rushing in and out. i feel like the care I am receiving is wonderful. The staff is friendly and efficient and the office setting is clean and modern. A

|  Great Office  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2012

Dr. Jhaver and her staff are all GREAT! I have been seeing her since 2007 and love her new place. She shows that she really cares and is always goes above and beyond!

|  love her but staff needs to go  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

Dr jahver is awesome however her office staff truly all need to be fired. They have no compassion and some are slow at getting back to you while others are so rude and fast on the phone you can't even have time to tell them why u called. She is an amazing Dr. However her staff iis a nightmare and treat you like you are wasting their time...

|  Dr. Jhaver is an absolute angel!!  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Dr. Jhaver is an absolute angel!! I am very proud to say that I have been a patient of Dr. Jhavers for several years, and I can honestly say that she is the best primary care physician I have ever had the pleasure of being seen by.and theres been a few :). When being seen by Dr. Jhaver you can expect a welcoming smile, a comforting touch and a warm caring heart. Dr. Jhaver always takes the time to listen and work with me before discussing a treatment plan or diagnosis; I have never felt rushed or that she hasnt taken the time to really understand who I am as a person and as a patient, she truly cares about my overall health and wellbeing. I could write a book here, but in a nutshell, Dr. Jhaver is a very knowledgeable, talented and naturally gifted physician who posses the human touch and compassion that will leave you looking forward to every visit; shell become your friend, not just your Dr. Dr. Jhaver is like no other, and she has a staff to matchI love them all!!!~Shawn H

|  DR. JHAVER IS AN ANGEL  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

DR. JHAVER IS AN AMAZING DOCTOR, AS WELL AS KNOWLEDGEABLE, SMART, VERY INTELLIGENT AND CARING. SHE TAKES TIME WITH ME AND I NEVER BEEN RUSHED. SHE IS NOT ONLY MY DOCTOR, BUT A FRIEND, SISTER, AND SOMEONE WHO I KNOW CARES ABOUT ME AND MY WELL BEING. I KNOW THAT IF I EVER NEED HER, SHE WILL BE THERE FOR ME. I AM SO GLAD THAT I FOUND A DOCTOR LIKE THAT AND THAT I HAVE HER IN MY LIFE, SHE IS AN ANGEL.

|  Dr Jhaver's intelligent, accurate, experienced and caring!  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2011

Dr Jhaver's been our family physician for the past 2 years. She's intelligent, accurate, experienced and caring! We love her new office; it's convenient, clean & her staff is friendly & knowledgeable. Dr. Jhaver is fantastic!

|  Poor staff hurts physician  |  show details
by AG P at Insider Pages on Oct 27th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Physician is very good. Staff is very poor and makes it difficult to choose to continue to do business with physician. Waits are very leng...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Mar 8th, 2010

Dr. Jhaver is excellent. She has great bedside manner. She is kind and compassionate. I have never had a doctor who listens the way she does. She is amazing.

|  Wonderful physician  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Jhaver for over a year and am very happy with her. She never has made me feel rushed or that she is trying to get out the door to see the next patient.I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Jhaver to my friends and family.