A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Wertheim:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Wertheim is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wertheim
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patient Education Learn about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by reading our patient guide overview page.Before Visiting Dr. Wertheim Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Wertheim, MD is board certified in Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Wertheim graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk.
Dr. Wertheim has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Mayo Clinic Hospital
- University Of Kansas Hospital
- Mayo Clinic - Arizona
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Wertheim MD is a male Internist, has 16 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. Michael Wertheim practice?
- Dr. Michael Wertheim has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Wertheim practices Internal Medicine and Rheumatology near Scottsdale, AZ.
See Scottsdale Internists and Scottsdale Rheumatologists.