Dr. Mehrnaz Jamali Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mehrnaz Jamali?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Mehrnaz Jamali?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

February 2nd, 2017

Horrible. Everything you teach your NOT to be.

Refused to show how to use medical equipment, then puts medical file PATIENT is non-compliant. In hospital ordered wide battery of tests, NONE of which had anything to do with why I was in hospital. NEVER addressed that issue, and NEVER contacted the specialist who told me to go to the hospital. After paying insurance co-pay, she bills the patient for moneys the insurance company refused to pay because they were over and above the amount allowed under their contract with her. Insurance company was furious she was pulling that ILLEGAL stunt when reported to them. Ethics?? Doesn't know the meaning of the word. Everything you teach your children NOT to be.

January 23rd, 2014

I would stay away from this physician. I wish I had paid more attention to the other reviews. She is definitely in practice for the money.....ONLY! This doctor is extremely unprofessional. She dresses like she should be working in a bar rather than a medical office. I feel very badly for her patients.

January 14th, 2014

She could care less about you as a patient!! Very fake and selfish, overly confident about herself and appearances (I really wonder why). I almost ended up in a hospital because of this doctor not following up on her duties and responsibilities.

January 28th, 2013

One of the girls in the office called to schedule an appointment for a physical because Dr. Jamali said that MY INSURANCE REQUIRED IT. LIE! I called the insurance carrier and the medical group (Greater Newport Physician) and both had not idea what I was talking about as there was do such requirement. When I called back to inform the girl that my insurance did NOT REQUIRE me to have a physical by a given date she stuttered and stammered that basically the doctor had given her a list of patients to call to schedule. At around this same time I had gotten my referral for a test that she had requested for me so I went ahead with that. The tech who performed the test said that my doctor should have the results by the end of that week. So I waited for a call... NO CALL. So a week later I called the office. The staff insisted that I make an appointment to get my test results. I requested that the doctor call me with results. I left this message a number of times usually with no call back. Finally about a month later I was able to get one of the staff to relay one sentence from the doctor about my test. I have never had any problem with any other doctor calling with test results. IF I had done what they wanted I would have paid for a doctor's visit that would have probably lasted all of 10 seconds, just long enough for her to tell me there was no problem. This dr is definitely all about the money, not patient care.

July 9th, 2012

Worst Doctor

After my doctor left her practice I had to look for a new doctor unfortunately my search lead me to Dr. Jamali. After waiting 3 weeks to see her I had to wait 40 minutes in her office the day of my appointment. Finally I had my checkup which was uncomfortable because she is not a friendly woman. I wondered if she was not well, unhappy or was it too much Botox injections that caused that unhappy, frozen look on her face. She asked for further records of my mammogram before she provided a prescription for my hormones that I have been taking for 6 years, and blood work which I was happy to provide. I waited two weeks for my results no one called me so I called the office. One of the medical assistance tried to give me the results but she clearly didn't understand the results. I asked if the Dr. could call me and give me the results the medical assistant again gave me the results that she interpreted. I never received a call from Dr. Jamali with my results. I asked about getting my prescription and was told that Dr. Jamali wanted the original mammogram not the ultrasound so on a Friday I drove to pick up a report and a DVD of my mammogram hand carry it to Dr. Jamali's office. I was hesitant to leave the DVD, but the girl assured me that it would be safe. One week later I still hadn't heard from the Dr. so I called. The medical assistant told me that Dr. Jamali needed the report of my mammogram, I told her I already brought it in, she gave me the runaround so I told the medical assistant I no longer wanted to be a patient there that I would be by to pick up copies of the blood work and the records I provided them with. When I arrived I had to wait 20 min in the waiting room, I finally went to the desk where two assistants where trying to find my medical records. This office is so unprofessional no one knows what the other is doing, they finally told me that they lost my mammogram report and DVD. Couldn't believe it. I caught a glimpse of Dr. Jamali so I went up to her to ask her why all this confusion, she was rude and told me that they are human an things happen but that no matter she wasn't going to give me the prescription because in the ultrasound showed an abnormality that was growing, SHE BLURTED THIS OUT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE IN THE WAITING ROOM INCLUDING PEOPLE THAT WHERE STANDING AT THE DESK. What happened to the HIPAA LAW? And if that was her concern why didn't she call me during all this time that I was waiting. After that she walked away. Dr. Jamali is very unprofessional, uncaring, has no empathy, the worst Dr. I have ever seen. Please don't go see her.

April 4th, 2012

Horrible

i usually do not rate doctors because i didn't think something like this exists...but this doctor needs to be reprehended for her unprofessionalism, she needs to be flagged so no other patients waste the money, time and their health on her practice. I have seen her a few times and had to wait one time 1 hour, second time an hour and half and other time 40 minutes, i told the staff every 20 minutes that i have been waiting, they politely apologized then went to interrupt dr jamali in her office, because she was not in a room i looked down the hall...she seemed on the phone with a personal call, which she is usually on. I do not know how she has had a practice for this many years without more complaints because while in waiting area a few patients were bickering about the same complaints as me. horrible bed side manner also she is soooo concerned about the money and making a follow up on results that i can get from the ultrasound tech for example. i work in the health care world, and i have never met such a excuse my words, DUMB doctor. Thank you.

January 24th, 2012

All about the MONEY!

I made one appointment with this doctor. I came to my first appointment, was told that she was "not there"?? I had left my home number, office number and cell. No attempt was made to contact me that my appointment was cancelled, for unclear reasons... I saw her once after. Blood tests were ordered. These HAD to be fasting blood tests. She said it did not matter and that they should be done in her office. This is clearly wrong, and results in inaccurate results, if not fasting. I would be billed $25 above insurance, which they did not tell me till asked. I was never contacted about abnormal results . I asked to renew my usual prescription after 3 months, she refused to renew it, though I had been on this medication for 10 years. She insisted that I come in, even though only a blood test was necessary. I asked for a copy of my ONLY office visit. They asked for a fee of $50! The Medical board of CA states there is max fee of 25 cents/page. FRAUDULENT. I am a MEDICAL professional. BEWARE!

January 13th, 2011

This doctor is amazing

The doctor and her assistants have been great to me. I suffer from heart failure and severe diabetes. Every time I have gone in she closes the door and discusses both problems with me until she is sure that I understand what is going on. I wouldn't trade this little person with her big heart and mind for any other doctor.

April 30th, 2010

Office staff non responsive to requests. Many requests needed to get response. Doctor required additional visits following a treatment being managed by another doctor.

August 6th, 2017