Pediatrician, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Hands down the greatest show details Hands down the greatest
Feb 23rd, 2015

Dr Alarcio is the most amazing doctor I have ever met! She LISTENS to parents & the children. She doesn't shy away from a case just because it might be difficult to treat & or diagnose. She orders labs, tests, reviews medical records, takes a detailed family health history. She is always determined to get to the bottom of what is really happening instead of just busting out her prescription pad and sending you on your way. If you want answers of what is really happening with your child she is the one to go to!

Drove 3 Kids Over 5,000 Miles To See Her And It Was Worth It! show details Drove 3 Kids Over 5,000 Miles To See Her And It Was Worth It!
by J on Jul 20th, 2014

We had three separate appointments. One for each kid. She thoroughly examined each one and found things other doctors hadn't found. She also read prior lab and imaging reports and found things other doctors either hadn't found or hadn't communicated to me. She took a very detailed case history / family history of each child. We left with a diagnosis, a treatment plan, coordination of care with our out-of-state pediatrician, and follow-up care arranged for each of my three kids. It was an extremely productive visit. My son, who is the most severe of my three children, interrupted the appointment while Dr. Alarcio was writing notes in his chart. He looked at me, and said, "Mom, am I EVER going to get better???" We had been searching for answers and improvement for nine long years by the time we met Dr. Alarcio. It had been a long, painful road. My son was a little weary of all the doctors I made him see and all the test he had to undergo and all the medication he had to take over the years. You could see the depression / desperation in his face. Dr. Alarcio STOPPED what she was doing and told my son to look at her. She said, "Look at me. Look me in the eyes. I KNOW how to get you better. I KNOW how to do it! I WILL get you better. You have to trust me. You have to believe me. You have to do what I say. I WILL get you better, ok?" That was amazing to me. She gave my son hope right at that moment. How many doctors will stop what they are doing and do that? To have knowledge, wisdom, expertise, and compassion all in one provider, well, I just can't recommend her highly enough. NOTE: Her new office is Phoenix Neurology and Sleep Medicine, though, not the address listed above. She has an office in Goodyear and another one in Phoenix.

Parent of TWO PANDAS kids show details Parent of TWO PANDAS kids
Jul 31st, 2013

PANDAS specialist! Professional, credible, knowledgeable! Worth the travel and cost to come here. This doctor knows what she is doing! Long wait list to she her, but you get more answers than anywhere else.

One of the best PCH has show details One of the best PCH has
Jun 27th, 2012

My daughter had 2 concussions and was having a lot of headache and started having problems at school. We were told at the main office that the earliest appointment we could get was in August but we were placed on a cancellation list. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from her EV clinic the next day that if we would come at the end of the day, she will see us and she did. Her exam was very thorough and she had excellent bedside manners. She didn't mind my many questions or even my daughters and at the end of the visit, she summarized everything to make sure we understood the treatment plan. We have been back for follow-up twice now and my daughter is doing well. I definitely recommend - and even if you have to wait to see her, it is so definitely worth the wait!!!

Excellent neurologist show details Excellent neurologist
Feb 8th, 2012

My child has been diagnosed with PANDAS and in the medical community, only half or less believe this even exists. She was very thorough in her evaluation and agreed about the likelihood of PANDAS, placed my child on appropriate treatment and he is now almost back to his usual baseline. If you need a child neurologist who is smart and has excellent bedside manners, Dr. Alarcio is who you should go to.