Dr. Melanie Altizer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 27th, 2015
Former Patient
Here is a doctor who would do anything for money. She lies about her experience and practices on you. She is the one with no conscious at all! Save yourself from pain and heartache.

April 7th, 2015
Doctor with professional/personal issues
Look for another Doctor unless you need a Doc that operates sloppy

April 6th, 2015
She is super easy to talk too, very thorough with procedures

July 10th, 2012
The best doctor in the world
Dr. Altizer is the best doctor in the world. Everytime I go to see her see always takes care of me. I have been seeing her for about a little over six years now and never had a problem. She is always kind and very helpful, caring, sweet and I couldn't ask for anything more. I wish she could be the a doctor for kids as well as my doctor that way my whole family could see her. She truly is in one word amazing. I hate to see her move to Roanoke because its like 45 minutes away but I guess ill be drving there to see her because I refuse to see any other OBGYN but her

February 9th, 2012
Dr Altizer is a very compashion driven ob, she listens and cares. Tha says a lot about a Dr. She is always giving you 110% of her attention when it is your appointmnet time.

June 14th, 2011
Doctor always on the phone, waited too long,rescheduled my appointments 3 times in my pregnancy. Not the case with her other partners. Not respectful of ethnic backgrounds like mine. Would not recommend her, seemed to always second guess her diagnosis, asking other people what they thought.

April 8th, 2011
Misdiagnosis
Misdiagnosed with VIN and had skinning vulvectomy. Turned out to be mild displasia, though an untreated yeast infection turned out to be the cause of my symptoms. I had surgery and diminished sex life because she didn't catch the yeast infection and over emphasized VIN (which mine wasn't yet).

March 23rd, 2011
Dr. Altizer is a WONDERFUL doctor. Yes, when you schedule an appointment with her you may have to wait, but totally worth it. She knows what she is doing, and is very conscious to make sur eshe gives you all the information you need. I read the previous reviews about her front office staff, and I have never noticed them to be rude. I would imagine it gets hectic at times in the office with 4 doctors, and the front office staff may get overwhelmed at times, but I would have to say they are nice. Dr. Altizer gets my recommendation 100%!

March 2nd, 2011
Other than the 2.5 hour wait, I was very pleased with my experience. When it was finally my turn and I had the attention of the Dr. I felt like I go the attention that I needed in a timely manner.

January 3rd, 2011
Her office staff is rude when scheduling your surgery times. Good luck getting any type of statement for your work. I have waited several times on the doctor and she always gets called out or is not in the office for my scheduled times. she does care and knows her stuff, but good luck getting a call back to go over test results. Her nurse is very nice and knows what she is talking about. I'm not sure about her accuracy in diagnosing a problem because no one will call me back to let me know. overall nice doctor, but if you are looking for good support staff to help you look somewhere else.

August 29th, 2010
Mommy2Be
I love Dr. A! I have been going to her for my regular OBGYN appointments for two years and am now expecting my first child and she definitely will be the Dr that delivers her. Every single one of my pregnant OB visits have been excellent, Dr A. sits down and listens to any questions or concerns I have and answers them in an appropriate easy to understand manner. She also gave me her email, cell phone, pager, etc for ANY TIME I have a question or concern about my pregnancy. The wait time in the office is a bit of the pain in the butt, but that's the reception staff's fault, not the doctors. She is always very apologetic about my wait. I highly recommend Dr Altizer to any one who is pregnant with their first (or any) child, she will make you feel very comfortable about the whole situation.

June 14th, 2010
The other reviews concerned me a little bit, but I had a different experience. Although the office staff wasn't overly friendly, I did not find them to be rude or unavailable when I needed them. I did have to wait for a while in the exam room (probably only a little more than I'm used to). Dr. Altizer was comforting, answered all of my questions, and spent the time with me that I needed her to. She also gave me her email address in case I had any questions later on.