Dr. Melanie Altizer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Melanie Altizer?

July 7th, 2017

INCOMPETENT

Ignores painful conditions if they don't suit her narrative. Will treat you like a drug seeker when you're incapacitated by recurrent ovarian cysts. Dismissive and judgmental. Go see someone who will actually investigate your symptoms--and treat them.

June 27th, 2015

Former Patient

Here is a doctor who would do anything for money. She lies about her experience and practices on you. She is the one with no conscious at all! Save yourself from pain and heartache.

April 8th, 2015

Doctor with professional/personal issues

Look for another Doctor unless you need a Doc that operates sloppy

April 6th, 2015

She is super easy to talk too, very thorough with procedures

July 11th, 2012

The best doctor in the world

Dr. Altizer is the best doctor in the world. Everytime I go to see her see always takes care of me. I have been seeing her for about a little over six years now and never had a problem. She is always kind and very helpful, caring, sweet and I couldn't ask for anything more. I wish she could be the a doctor for kids as well as my doctor that way my whole family could see her. She truly is in one word amazing. I hate to see her move to Roanoke because its like 45 minutes away but I guess ill be drving there to see her because I refuse to see any other OBGYN but her

February 9th, 2012

Dr Altizer is a very compashion driven ob, she listens and cares. Tha says a lot about a Dr. She is always giving you 110% of her attention when it is your appointmnet time.

June 15th, 2011

Doctor always on the phone, waited too long,rescheduled my appointments 3 times in my pregnancy. Not the case with her other partners. Not respectful of ethnic backgrounds like mine. Would not recommend her, seemed to always second guess her diagnosis, asking other people what they thought.

April 18th, 2011

Knowledgeable and caring OB that takes time to listen

April 9th, 2011

Misdiagnosis

Misdiagnosed with VIN and had skinning vulvectomy. Turned out to be mild displasia, though an untreated yeast infection turned out to be the cause of my symptoms. I had surgery and diminished sex life because she didn't catch the yeast infection and over emphasized VIN (which mine wasn't yet).

March 24th, 2011

Dr. Altizer is a WONDERFUL doctor. Yes, when you schedule an appointment with her you may have to wait, but totally worth it. She knows what she is doing, and is very conscious to make sur eshe gives you all the information you need. I read the previous reviews about her front office staff, and I have never noticed them to be rude. I would imagine it gets hectic at times in the office with 4 doctors, and the front office staff may get overwhelmed at times, but I would have to say they are nice. Dr. Altizer gets my recommendation 100%!

March 2nd, 2011

Other than the 2.5 hour wait, I was very pleased with my experience. When it was finally my turn and I had the attention of the Dr. I felt like I go the attention that I needed in a timely manner.

January 3rd, 2011

Her office staff is rude when scheduling your surgery times. Good luck getting any type of statement for your work. I have waited several times on the doctor and she always gets called out or is not in the office for my scheduled times. she does care and knows her stuff, but good luck getting a call back to go over test results. Her nurse is very nice and knows what she is talking about. I'm not sure about her accuracy in diagnosing a problem because no one will call me back to let me know. overall nice doctor, but if you are looking for good support staff to help you look somewhere else.