Dr. Melanie Collins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Melanie Collins?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 22nd, 2017

poor patient care

A few weeks ago my husband and I were ecstatic to find out we were pregnant. I have been going to Dr. Collins for 5 years for my annuals so naturally I called them for an appointment. Over the weekend I started bleeding and called the nurse line...a few times. Each time they told me that it was ok and what to look out for in case of a miscarriage. On my appointment on Tuesday Dr. Collins walks in asks me questions for 15 minutes. She also asked me if I was taking a certain medication, in my head i'm thinking "you would have had to prescribe me the medication and no i'm not taking it, why don't you already know this?" She doesn't read your charts obviously. Then proceeds to tell me my urine sample came back negative. As I started crying my husband came over to hold me and Dr. Collins did not even bat an eye lash. She told me it was either too early to tell and they would do a blood test or I was having a miscarriage and she would call me in 24 hours when my results were in. It's Friday and I have yet to hear from Dr. Collins. I called very upset and the nurse told me obviously my blood test was negative. When I asked if the blood work confirmed I had a miscarriage the nurse told me Dr. Collins did not order that test. I asked why wouldn't she if she suspected a miscarriage and the nurse had no idea. $2,000 plus later I still have no idea what is going on. There is no communication with this doctor and I am appalled at how my husband and I got treated here. Please go somewhere else and save yourself the trouble. Find somebody who doesn't treat you like a chart.

April 29th, 2013

Finance Manager

Dr. Collins is THE DOCTOR to have. She listens, she bends over backward to make sure you get the care you need. Her staff is very helpful. The only issue I've had is when I called the 24 hour nurse line because I was in a lot of pain, the nurse automatically assumed I was looking for narcotics. I actually refuse to take narcotics as I don't like the light headed "high" feeling. When I tried to explain this she said pain is normal for your condition take some advil. When I mentioned this to Dr.Collins she seemed disturbed to hear it. Other than that one out of line nurse, this is the best OBGYN in Austin. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

October 26th, 2009

I loved her. She was very caring.

September 8th, 2008

Great Listener

Dr. Collins is one of those rare doctors that actually takes the time to listen to you, let you cry if you need to, etc. She was so supportive through the years of trying to get pregnant and then so positive when I finally had to have the hysterectomy.

July 23rd, 2008

Kind and Knowledgeable

Dr. Collins has a wonderful bedside mannor and helped guide me through all the decisions one makes in a pregnancy.

March 9th, 2017