Dr. Melanie Johnson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 14th, 2016
Thorough
Dr. Melanie Johnson is, by choice, our (wife and husband) primary physician, and has been for several years. We have always found her to be very pleasant, accommodating, helpful, ready to offer alternatives, thorough with her exam process and ordering of necessary lab tests. She reviews the test results with the patient and pursues addionalal tests when war rented. We have and do recommend her to others.

September 28th, 2015
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!
Dr. Melanie Johnson straight up lied to me. She can not be trusted and if there is anything one needs from their doctor it is trust. I requested certain labs (very common labs) be done based on many symptoms. I was told all were done and were normal. When I asked to see the labs through my patient portal, she kept putting me off and having her nurse call me to repeat the same crap every time. Finally the truth came out that they were not done and I got upset with the nurse, for good reason, and the nurse hung up on me. VERY PROFESSIONAL!!!! I have Dr. Johnson on audio telling me the tests were all done and were normal only to find out she never did them. She lied and I have the proof. Hard to argue with that! Save yourself a lot of frustration and aggravation and go elsewhere. Like across town to the Mayo Clinic!

September 24th, 2015
Melanie Johnson MD - OMC Rochester, MN
Melanie Johnson shows a consistent lack of care. She tells you what you want to hear to get you out of her office quickly. She does not care about health or treating patients. Very unprofessional.

June 22nd, 2015
Another OMC doctor that doesn't really care.
None of the family doctors at OMC are very nice. Melanie is no exception. They are much too rushed and cannot handle anything complicated.

April 30th, 2014
Awesome Doctor
I have been going to Melanie Johnson for 7 years now. And she listens to what i have to say and my concerns and then suggests certain treatment! If i feel thats excessive then she will find another route to go. When ever i go for a appointment i tell her "hey doc" and she always finds a way to respond back and make me smile. She takes her time to make sure that everything is evaluated. I would recommend her for anyone looking for a good doctor!

September 13th, 2011
I would not recommend her and have changed doctors. She was fairly unprofessional and rude with me, surprising both myself & husband.

July 6th, 2011
Review
Dr Johnson was very thorough in her evaluation of me---was very accurate and took the time to explain and answer any questions. Very good people skills---I think she is a very good doctor and relates well to her patients. She is my Doctor of choice now and the future.

August 5th, 2010
Diagnosed me with type 2 diabetes based on one indicator AiC level. Subsequent review by an endocrinologist revealed the diagnosis was premature.

September 25th, 2009
Exceptional
I highly recommend her for all members of the family- we use her for both of us and our two sons from birth thru now 5. Unbelievable bedside manner and understanding of each patient. Really the best we've ever seen- through many health professionals.