Dr. Melanie Adams MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 20th, 2017
Wonderful doctor
Have been a patient of Dr. Adams for many years. She is kind, yet thorough with her exams. She doesn't push cosmetic products on her patients which I truly appreciate.

October 8th, 2016
Rare Skin Disease
Dr. Adams is a brilliant dermatologist. She diagnosed a very rare skin disease in a matter of weeks, when most people with this disease are misdiagnosed for months and sometimes years. She also assisted me in finding a dermatology specialist that could treat the disease and the treatment that she prescribed along with the treatment of the specialist resulted in the condition substantially clearing in less than 6 months when the average clearing time for this rare skin disease is over 3 years.

November 20th, 2015
Impressed
Today was my first visit and I was impressed. Dr. Adams was thorough and knowledgeable . She was personable and professional in her approach. I appreciated how clearly she explained my skin's reaction to external triggers as well as treatments. She also made clear the limits of the prescription and why it was important to adhere to them. I would definitely recommend Dr. Adams to others.

August 25th, 2015
Consistently wastes patient time over multiple appointments. "Have to schedule another appt" "Sorry for the wait". Will not be going back!

July 30th, 2015
Good Care, but Long Waits
I loved the care, but the wait is always long. I was the first time slot of the appoints (shared with 2 others) and it took me 45 mins to get in. The next appointment was roughly 50 mins. Needs to book less patients.

April 22nd, 2015
Horrible Experience
After speaking with someone on the phone and verifying my insurances. I was informed when I ARRIVED for my appointment that they did not take my secondary insurance and that they WOULD NOT accept my primary insurance either (CIGNA) because they did not accept my secondary insurance. I was also told that their office policy is that since they wouldn't accept either of my insurances, that I had to self pay if I wanted service even though I had two insurances and that this office was recommend from my primary insurance (CIGNA). The office staff was VERY VERY rude and unprofessional and not knowledgeable of how insurance works.!! My second insurance was Tricare. Very Very disrespectful treatment ESPECIALLY since we sent 23 years (3 tours in combat) in the US Army fighting so that they can remain FREE!!! What a way to treat a VET!!!

February 24th, 2015
I never the saw Dr. Adams. I arrived at 11:00 as instructed for an 11:15 appointment. After sitting in the waiting room for 65 minutes with no apology or explanation, and considering the fact that I might need a follow-up or two, I left and resolved to find a doctor who was more respectful of her patients and their time.

December 3rd, 2013
Thorough and competent physician
I can't say that getting a quick appointment with Dr. Adams is easy, perhaps because she is popular with the locals, but I can say it is easy to make an appointment through her staff. I usually arrive 5 minutes or so late for my appointment, so I am not in position to complain about the 10-15 min wait. There is one intake staff person who is disconnected and distant, but all the other asssitants are quite friendly and competent. Dr. Adams is kind and patient, making sure she explains all aspects of her findings and your medical care.

November 13th, 2013
Horrible scheduling, plan to wait and wait
I went to have several sites looked at, first appointment I arrived 15 minutes early for paperwork and I still waited 55 minutes past my appointment time for the doctor who then said I need to come back for a procedure. Another 30 minute wait for the procedure. Stitch removal another 50 minute wait.

March 1st, 2013
Do not waste your time -- you won't get what you need
First, you will spend 45-60 minutes in the waiting room before your appointment only to spend 10 minutes with the doctor. She is competent and able to fix problems; however, it is been two weeks since I requested a prescription and it still has yet to be ordered despite numerous calls to Dr. Adams and her swearing up and down that she'd order it. It's a waste of time and money to pay to see her to not even get your prescriptions to treat your issue.

September 11th, 2012
VERY VERY SMART DOCTOR
IT WAS SUCH A PLEASURE TO BE A PATIENT OF DR. ADDAMS.SHES CAREFUL AND ALERT TO ALL AREAS OF THE BODY. NOT AFRAID TO CHECK FRONT N BACK. I AM A FIRST TIME PATIENT. YOU MUST CALL DR. ADDAMS FIRST.

October 30th, 2011
Dr. Adams is the most thorough of any dermatologist I have been to for my yearly body review. She noticed a very small freckle on my forearm, took a biopsy, diagnosis melanoma. She quickly referred me to Johns Hopkins Melanoma Clinic. JHH physician was very impressed that Dr. Adams discovered this melanoma at such an early stage. Thank you Dr. Adams for being so thorough.