inactive

Melanie M Miller MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

October 4th, 2016
She showed concern truly wanted to find out what was wrong with my feet.

January 23rd, 2016
Nightmare Doctor
Before I went to Dr. Miller, I read a review from a lady who claims her husband had been "cured" of cancer because of Dr. Miller's extraordinary skill. I found it interesting the lady had never met Dr. Miller in person (usually married couples attend appointments together when one is seriously ill). Before I could cancel, I went ahead and foolishly kept the appointment. One restroom couldn't be used because the toilet was broken. A patient told me it had been broken for weeks, if not months, and not repaired. Dr. Miller's nurse (who a friend said suddenly disappeared within 3 days after claiming to have worked for Dr. Miller for years) told me the same "cancer miracle" story I'd read in the review. Dr. Miller gave me a test with a "BMI" machine, which is an old medical parlor trick known as the "Baloney Mass Index." The machine is used to scam you for more money and is totally bogus. When I walked out, I promised myself I'd never step heel in that place again, especially after Dr. Miller tried to shill "medical candy bars" for a mere $250.00 for a box of about 12. While I was getting in me car, I noticed Dr. Miller had tried to hide hers (Mercedes?) in the very back of the lot. A lady was laughing on her cell about Dr. Miller breaking down and telling her the lady's blood tests had never been sent because Dr. Miller had been out of her mind during her divorce, which she had unprofessionally discussed in detail with the disinterested patient. If laughter is the best medicine, Dr. Miller's da bomb!

July 17th, 2015
Dr, Miller is an abuser. I have seen her for multiple appointments. At first, she was inappropriately judgmental and harsh, though ended with a warm hug. Recently when I returned, much sicker than a year before, she was forthrightly abusive, drew conclusions without listening or information, and no hug. She has an personality disorder. I believe she is a malignant narcissist, and this fits also with the variations in reviews I am reading. As long as you keep her on her delusional pedestal, all is well, you can have a bit of compassion. Though if she does not feel she has you under her control, you will be met with control, abuse, and inappropriate medical care. I strongly do not recommend Dr. Miller. If you need someone with her skills, look elsewhere and find a compassionate doctor who is not abusive and mean.

May 4th, 2015
Charlatanism
Unnecessary testing, and then she offered me some quackery stuff like IV glutathione therapy and ozone therapy for my blood. Of course I would have to pay cash for that. That is scary stuff people! She should be disbarred, or whatever the equivalent is for doctors

March 8th, 2015
Love her,,Compassionate, Knowledgeable, Listens,

January 19th, 2014
Rude Front Office Staff
As a nurse for 23 years and mother of 4 I have worked and taken my children to many Doctors over the years. I have never encountered a more rude office staff with the exception of one nice front office worker. Worse yet was the obnoxious male office worker I never met in person but talked with on the phone. The irony of this is Dr Miller is a very warm likable caring Doctor. I did have issues with one of the test and the male worker I talked with shocked me with his rudeness. The Doctors I work with heard the conversation and could tell this person was provoking me. I finally took their advice in the background and hung up. I cancelled my daughters new patient to get established app and will now make an app with Dr Unnoppet . I have Heard she is also good and an Intergrative Doctor . I and my son who mentioned it to me would like that office staff to know that it is my money and all the patients money and Insurance carrier that pays their salary which provides them a job to go to everyday. They have now lost our family of 6 that had planned to make this our family Doctor.

December 3rd, 2013
Minimal care, difficult staff
Will not be returning to Dr. Miller's practice. This doctor is in business for the $$ and has the practice set up to demand patients come every 5-1/2 months, and they do not answer any phone calls or work with the patient in any way. This is the main thing I do not like, but in addition, the staff has a tendency to be "snappy" and talk in a condescending manner. Go only if you want to be treated with disrespect and "herded" through like cattle. Good for a one-time emergency only, and only if you don't need any assistance on phone.

April 8th, 2013
Red Flags
I went to Doctor Miller because she was recommended by a friend. I had a few different issues going on, and she wanted to run some different tests, which I had to pay ~$200 on top of insurance to cover them. The results came back and I was told that I had certain food allergies, and really needed to avoid gluten/yeast. She also recommended a plethra of herbs/supplements that she conveniently sells in her office at HIGHLY inflated prices. In 6 weeks, I spent an additional $400 for her peddled pills and powders. While she was very pleasant, and had a good bedside manner, her staff was less than enthusiastic. Doctor Miller did ask several questions, spent a fair amount of time with me, and ran tests that no other doctor had, and when she got results, it gave me hope. Then came the "red flags" about buying her supplements. She told me, and I quote, "you need to take 5,000iu Vitamin D every day. My office is the only place you can get the 5,000iu strength." WRONG! Amazon.com had 5,000iu from a very well known company that I have bought stuff from before, at half the price (and more in the bottle). She flat out lied to me. While I had hope that her diagnosis was spot on and would actually get to the bottom of my issues, I have come to find out that other people, with entirely different issues, got the same recommendation: do the gluten/yeast free diet and take these supplements. Red Flags galore!

April 1st, 2013
Dissappointed
When I first went to Dr. Miller I was excited to finally get an accurate diagnoses. I didn't like her staff from the start, but I figured I would deal with them b/c I thought she was helping me. She always seems to come up with some over the counter med that I need to the tune of $50+ a month that she just happens to sale. Her meds have an astronomical mark up. I started having issues and she refused to up my meds (not a controlled substance) Her staff has been very very rude to me on the phone and I'm not planning to go back. She has the potential to be good, but I think the love of money has gotten the best of her. Also the staff is a PAIN IN THE BUTT about getting your labs drawn a week early. You have to be on the stupid lab schedule.

May 18th, 2012
Doctor is excellent but nurse is horribly slow returning calls
I LOVED Dr. Miller but her nurse is horrible at returning phone calls. It has happened to me twice where I had a problem and needed to discuss. The last instance, I left a message early morning for the nurse, toward the end of the same day I left another message thinking the first was missed. The second day I spoke with someone who makes appointments and she said some things have to be researched and takes time. (I still dont know if she received my message) In an effort to try and find what I was supposed to do about my situation, I searched the internet but found conflicting information. I finally called a pharmacist who said my question should be answered by the doctor's office but when I told her they were not calling me back, she gladly gave me an answer. She said it was an easy question to answer and I should have received a call back from their office absolutely the same day. On the third day, I missed her call and received a voicemail with only partial information. I called and left another voicemail that she didnt give me the full answer. I asked other patients of Dr. Miller's and found out that this is typical of her nurse. This is totally unacceptable to me. I wonder if Dr. Miller knows that she is so slow in returning her phone calls and wonder how she prioritized them. Not sure what is going on at Dr. Miller's office, maybe too many patients and she needs help or she is a slow or non-caring nurse. ??? Lets hope that is she is just very busy.

May 9th, 2012
Above and beyond
By the time I met Dr. Miller and her staff, I was about 2 yrs into my search of a answer to my issues. I went to many doctors and had tons of test, misdiagnoses, and frustration. I knew there was something wrong with my body. Dr. Miller and her staff immediately took a different approach and listened to me! They spent a long time talking through my issues and immediately requested an OAT test. The first time I met Dr. Miller, she walked in the room and gave me a hug and introduced herself. Ive never had a doctor do that! Dr. Miller and her staff are truly about patient care and listing to the patient. I am so fortunate that I found this facility. Not to mention she has diagnosed my condition and Im on the path of recovery.

March 12th, 2012
Medical Care with Value
I am not a sick person by nature so when I do have to see Dr. Miller she knows that I am REALLY sick.The office is one of caring people who work at a high level of professionalism with out losing the concern and kindness that use to be a way of life in the medical profession yers ago.Dr. Miller is a modern day Dr. with all the knowledge and old school in the time she spends and the care she gives..never rushed..always complete and always there.So amazing to find in this day and age.