Dr. Melanie Shulman MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology New York, NY

January 31st, 2017
Dr. Shulman diagnosed my husband with Alzheimer's disease 13 years ago, and I credit his good health and wellbeing to Dr. Shulman From the moment we met Dr. Shulman she took time explaining what we needed to know and answering all questions we had, she never made us feel rushed. Dr. Shulman then guided us to the very best clinical trial for Alzheimer's...my husband was in that trial for 8 years. To this day we put our trust in her hands and have never been disappointed. We highly recommend Dr. Shulman.

June 15th, 2015
Excellent, I wish we had seen her first!
I am writing on behalf of my boyfriend. We struggled with another practice on LI for 2 years dealing with his memory loss/ confusion. We were eventually referred to Dr. Shulman, and I wish we had seen her first. She spent 2 hours with us on our first appointment. She really worked hard to put all of the pieces of his past and symptoms together. We never met such a concerned, compassionate and understanding dr. She's also very bright. She knows her field. She acknowledged symptoms that previous neurologists dismissed. Suggested a PET scan that had not been suggested before. She diagnosed my boyfriend with Alzheimer's, which was devastating, but also an answer, finally. She could not have been more helpful, and accommodating with working with us on disability paper work. If you are dealing with something like Dementia/Alzheimer's disease, I absolutely recommend seeing Dr. Shulman.

June 20th, 2011
Find another doctor. Dr. Shulman is rude and obnoxious, and doesn't want to listen to your concerns. She was of little or no help to us when we brought my 77 year old uncle to see her. Poor bedside manner.