Dr. Melanie Sinatra Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

August 1st, 2016
I have been going to Dr. Sinatra for a while and never have thought to write an review until looking at all the negative reviews. As an retired MD, I can tell you that she is one of the best in her fields. She cares about the patients and really does what she thinks is best.

May 26th, 2015
Dr. Sinatra provided quality service, answered my questions. Front desk staff scheduled a follow up appointment and worked quickly. Good Service.

April 7th, 2015
very shady billing management, get your wallet ready
will not recommend anyone to this doctor, unethical!

August 4th, 2014
The Best
Dr. Sinatra and her staff are simply wonderful. Making an appointment is always easy, she even has evening hours one night each week. There have been times when I've had non-routine issues come up last minute and they have always found a way to fit me in. There are two parts to the exam and you have to wait for your eyes to dilate in between so it can take some time--something to keep in mind when booking an annual appointment.

April 30th, 2014
my experience
I had to have cataract surgery and im very glad that I chose this doctor. she is professional, caring, and excellent at what she does. she came recommended by a friend who had surgery with dr. Sinatra as well, and now I cant believe how well I can see. im so happy and please with my entire experience, that I have now switched my eye doctor to dr. Sinatra only!!!

April 28th, 2014
Disappointing
The office is nice and the staff is excellent. Other than that, my experience was very poor. Not only did I have to wait over an hour to see Dr. Sinatra, but she walked in and claimed that I looked better than last time (she had never seen me before). After examining my eyes for about a minute, she claimed she couldn't help and referred me to another doctor. Before I could ask her anything else, she left the room and I was only able to speak to one of her staff members.

April 16th, 2014
Emergency Care
Dr. Sinatra was the covering physician for my ophthalmologist when I had to have an immediate, emergency evaluation of an injury. Her staff was amazing in getting my records transferred, prepping me for the exam and preparing the Dr.'s report for me to take to another emergency appt. the next morning with a plastic surgeon to do the repair to the eye region. Dr. Sinatra, herself, was very thorough and reassured me the injury, while very serious, had not damaged the eye. I felt I was being treated with the same quality care as was given to her patients even though the time to attend to me had seriously disrupted the appt. schedule. The professionalism displayed by the Dr. and her entire staff was awesome and deserves being recognized here, along with my gratitude in this traumatic situation.

December 2nd, 2013
Dr. Sinatra is a very great doctor! She is very high trained, and always has a smile on her face. Dr. Sinatra, always cares how you are feeling and makes sure you are okay! She is great! I highly suggest Dr. Sinatra

August 5th, 2013
Two thumbs up!
I have been a patient at Wycoff Opthomolgy for over 5 years. The staff has always been very professional and accommodating . Dr. Sinatra is very knowledgable and thorough. I would definitely recommend this practice.

May 26th, 2013
I value and trust Dr. Sinatra's intelligence and opinion. She is kind and caring. Her staff is far from rude or nasty.

May 1st, 2013
Patient for roughly 15 years
I almost never write reviews, but was motivated here by some of the negative comments. My husband, daughter and I have been patients of Dr. Sinatra's for roughly 15 years. While the wait can be long at times, the quality of care is outstanding. When my daughter was in middle school, the staff went above and beyond to help her transition from glasses to contact lenses. She is now 24 and travels from NYC for her annual appointments with Dr. Sinatra - refuses to see anyone else! The desk staff is always efficient and polite. They take payment for that portion of the day's charge excluded from my coverage, then deal directly with the insurance company on my behalf. Ditto for my daughter's coverage through her employer.

April 25th, 2013
Staff is nasty
Dr Sinatra is a very nice person and good doctor, and is knowledgeable and caring. However her staff is just nasty and a real turn off when you have to deal with them. The staff is unfriendly and rigid and did not work with me on a balance due to them not informing me that my credit Card on file had expired so each time I ordered contacts for me or my family members, it was accumulating and invoice ended up to be over $400 rather quickly. Then when I tried to work out a plan to pay it back, they put me in collections. it was just wrong. I often feel that Dr Sinatra does not know how they treat her patients because she is so accommodating and the staff is not. The wait time is absolutely ridiculous and I have waited over 2 hours on multiple occasions. All in all I like Dr Sinatra but feel she is oblivious where her staff is concerned.