Dr. Melanie Vandemark Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Melanie Vandemark?

awesome

Posted on September 16th, 2015

I have read some of the reviews below and agree there was a staffing issue with some of the office staff but I have been going here for years -- some new faces are there and the new front staff and new medical assistants are so helpful and warm and welcoming. I see Dr VanDemark every time I go to the office for my regular care. I go at least every 3 months for my chronic issues. I just make my next appointment as I am leaving the office and I always get the appointment I want with Dr VanDemark. I have called in when sick and sometimes I get in with Dr. VanDemark the same day or the next day and sometimes the Physician assistant -- but I don't mind that. If I am sick I need to be seen right away and I can ALWAYS get an appointment that same day with someone. Been going to this office for 5 years and will never change.

Use to better service.

Posted on July 20th, 2015

The staff is horrible, I've never been seen by the actual doctor. You would think Deland being a small town that the doctor would be more hands on with the patient.. My labs came in and I had to make another appointment to get the results although everything was normal. Later I dislocated my shoulder and needed paper work filled out for my job I had to make another appointment in order to get the paper work filled out.. The old lady that's the receptionist started to yell mind you the office waiting area is very small, I had to ask her to please lower her voice and remind her that I was standing less than a foot in front of her. I called to complain and asked the doctor to call me, that was three months ago, she never called.

Mrs.

Posted on March 9th, 2015

Even though I have been going to this office for 3 years I was always seen by the PA. When Dr. Vandemark came in my exam room for the first time last month I told her we had never met although I had been going there for 3 years. Things went downhill fast from then on. She was combative and questioned me loudly and demanded answers, not giving me time to think . I felt like I was being interrogated and backed into a corner. Complete waste of my time and it makes me sick to think Medicare paid her for this visit. I went back to the office once because I had a good rapport with the PA. The rest of the office staff must have been trained by the doctor. I am not going back there.

Posted on June 23rd, 2014

I like Dr. Vandemark but her office has declined in its patient care. I can't ever get to see her, I am forced to see the Physician's Assistant who is inept and rude. The staff is also rude and not helpful. They do not answer the phone, you are forced to leave a message and they never call you back or followup. There are no nurses, only helpers who neglect important duties. Dr. V is never in the office so no one does their job. Find yourself another Dr. if you want to receive actual medical care. This office is a farce!

Don't be in a hurry.....

Posted on May 5th, 2014

I have to agree with mark. I have gone to this office for several years. It has deteriorated in patient consideration drastically. I honestly can't remember the last time I actually got to see Dr. Vandermark. They always say you have to see the PA because the doctor is booked up for MONTHS! I want to see the doctor! Hate to do this but time to move on to a doctor who has time to see her own patients. Also mark is right I am not sure if I ever saw a real nurse there but the other employees there always seem to be in a foul mood.

Posted on May 6th, 2013

She never gets back to you. Nurses are rude. PA is very rude.

i JUST ADORE HER.

Posted on January 23rd, 2013

YOU KNOW SHE CARES

One of the best

Posted on August 23rd, 2012

I switched to dr Vandemark from another dr who seemed to not care about anything. Boy was I surprised at this Dr and her staff. They are all very caring and understanding and right on top of everything.I have a lot of medical problems and she has really helped me feel better. The only draw back is her not being on staff at the local hospital

Posted on May 7th, 2012

This is the first doctor I have gone to in a long time that is GOOD. She tells me the side effects of medication, she discusses results with me and works with me on my issues. She does not just diagnose and prescribe a medication she EXPLAINS everything and listens to me when I have questions.

no problems

Posted on December 3rd, 2011

I switched to the doctor after experiencing several problems with my prior doctor. yeah and she professional and courteous. Although the medical tests masked a proper diagnosis, they were willing to listen and discover what was wrong. Her ARNP is great! Her staff has always been friendly. She was able to find in 2 months what my previous doctor told me was all in my head for 2 years. I will continue using her services and have recommended her to many already!

Posted on September 1st, 2011

I am nearing retirement age and have had many doctors over the years. This is one of the most caring and concerned doctors I have entrusted with my care. I would highly recomment this doctor to anyone.

Stan

Posted on September 1st, 2011

I am very happy with Dr. VanDemark as my doctor. She really takes time to get to know me and my problems. I have complete confidence in her ability and my wife and I are glad we switched to her.