inactive

Melchor M Boone MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 20th, 2015
awsome obgyn
very good doctor had 2 c sections I was handle with care.

July 3rd, 2015
Dr Boone is just the best! He makes you feel like you are the most special patient he has! Great bedside manner!!

November 6th, 2013
CSR
Saw Dr. Boone at Harris Hospital and it was the most positive and uplifting visit ever with a doctor. I have really bad fibroids and he had to break the news to me that I absolutely must have a hysterectomy. At first I was shocked and scared, but he assured me all the pain, anemia, and bleeding would be history after the surgery. I felt so relieved and so ready for the surgery when he left. He also had a smile and warmth about him that just took my fears away. Dr. Boone, thank you.

April 15th, 2013
above and beyond
I was induced by Dr. Boone. Originally, the induction was scheduled so that he would be on call the day I should be delivering. However, the hospital didn't complete the scheduling and I had to wait a day to get started. This put me delivering on Dr. Boone's day off work. I was very concerned that I might need a C-section and didn't want any physician cutting on me except Dr. Boone. Well, he came into work on his day off to deliver my baby! Most physicians would not do this! He was great throughout my pregnancy. Acted like he had all the time in the world for my questions and concerns. Included my husband in all the conversations. His office staff is very friendly and wait time isn't too long. But when he came in to deliver my child on his day off, that confirmed I had the right doctor! I will be using Dr. Boone for all my future pregnancies.

August 9th, 2012
All around great doctor
He was great. Made every vist like I was going to see a friend. Really made my husband feel like he was a big part in the pregnancy. Sat in my room and talked with me and my family while I was in labor. I make sure to let everyone I know to go see him and his wonderful staff!!

June 26th, 2012
best dr ever
Dr Boone has been my ob/gyn for the last 5 years. I have nothing but good things to say about him. He is more than competent and listens to his patients. I had an emergency c-section with my first child. He was not the dr on call at the time. For my second pregnancy he told me in the beginning that I would end up with another c-section based on my history. I told him that was the last thing I wanted and he listened. He kept a close watch on us througout the pregnancy and allowed me to go to my due date eventhough I had gestational diabetes. As for the last review, Dr Boone is with UNT which is a teaching practice. They will have students in and out on your visits. It's not a big deal and those students are being taught by some of the best in the area.

June 7th, 2012
He is very rude, prideful and incompetent. Find someone else for your providedr.

April 18th, 2012
scary experience
when i went to see this doctor, he immediately brought in a student. did not even ask if i was comfortable with that. I was not! He did a pap test, and first tried this huge speculum that was painful. he then tries a smaller one. now.... after that he proceeds to tell me he is going to do a biopsy of my cervix. I asked him if it were going to be painful and he said yes.... a deep pinch and some bleeding may occur. His tools were scary and he was not making me feel any better. I was scared. He did not offer anything topical or oral for pain and proceeded to come at me with these long scary tools. I immediately clammed up and told him no! I dont want this done! possible cancer or not this was scary and unnecessary. I will never go back there again

November 12th, 2011
Great bedside manner
I just completed a tubal with Doctor Boone and I have nothing but good things to say about his office staff and also Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. All parties on both sides were great trying to get this tubal done within my tight scheduling constraints. He is also very laid back and straight forward and easy to talk to. I was referred to him by my insurance company to get my tubal ligation done but I will honestly be using him in the future for any further OBGYN visits.

March 30th, 2011
AWESOME! BEST doctor by far!
I just turned on my TV to TLC and OMG, there was my OBGYN, Dr Boone! I was like WHAT!? He was on a show called Delievering Multiples. He delievered twins and mom and babies did great! I have been a patient of his for over 10 years,since I was 19. I was a young, married, and pregnant at 19 and I did have toxemia and he was very watchful and delievered me 3 weeks early because my blood pressure was WAY UP! He also delieverd my second baby at 22 just 12 months after I had my first I got pregnant again. I told him I didnt want an episiotomy and he said no problem...I didnt tear or anything! I felt great after both babies. I was ready to leave right after! I have seen ALOT of doctors over the years for various health problems I have, he is by FAR the BEST doctor I have ever encountered in my lifetime! He is treating me for my PCOS and my uterine fibroids. My hubby always goes with me because them two crack up and shoot the breeze. He is like a "real" person and down to earth. You dont see that much anymore. I would recommend him to anymore! Way to go Boone! You deserve to be on TV!

January 13th, 2011
Intelligent MD but lacking bed side manner
Knew what he was talking about and seemed intelligent but his bed side manner was aweful. He was very blunt with my diagnosis and seemed uncaring.

October 14th, 2010
Dr Boone was one of 4 Ob's that I had and when I had my 2nd child he wasn't on call however he was the first Dr. to come by to see us at 6 am the following morning. Wish all doctors cared about their patients like he does.