Plastic Surgeon
Video profile

• Currently 3.8709677419355 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Look No Further!  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2014

If you are looking for the best plastic surgeon in Michigan, look no further. I am so happy with the results of my breast reduction that I wish that I would have done it sooner. Dr. Kayser is an artist. I went to a different plastic surgeon and it is like comparing a diamond to a lump of coal. Everything about his practice is wonderful. His staff is phenomenal! I am a teacher and needed to have the surgery in the summer. Alycia did her magic and made it possible. Denise was very patient in explaining my insurance and Cathy was very professional during my examination. All three women treated me with kindness and respect. I do not plan to grow old gracefully so I plan to have a few more procedures. Next time I will not stress myself out trying to find a good surgeon. I have found the BEST!

|  Dr kayser  |  show details
by Lindsey on Aug 4th, 2014

I had a rhinoplasty, septoplasty, and chin implant performed by Dr.kayser roughly a year ago I still have numbness and loss of feeling in my chin. I also still have small bruising at the bridge of my nose. On top of these issues I also have received a call from a collection company a year after surgery with no calls or concerns from Dr. kaysers office. I am very disappointed overall with long term results!

by ANDREA RAFFIN on Jun 17th, 2014

From the very beginning I felt comfortable selecting Dr. Kayser for my cosmetic procedure. He has a fantastic staff & office in Saint Clair Shores, MI. After my consult with him his office manager Denise gave me the run down on what hospital I would like to have my surgery performed in, what availability then had, & cost. Most importantly I didn’t feel pressured to book the appointment right then and there. They encouraged me to take my time and think about what was best for me. Once I decided to book my surgery, Dr. Kayser was more than accommodating to my schedule, in fact he pushed his vacation out an extra day to perform my surgery; talk about service. Any questions I had he always had an answer for me that put my mind at ease. My results after my procedure were AMAZING!!! It was exactly what he had told me prior to the surgery. The following day I received a beautiful arrangement of flowers from his office wishing me a speedy recovery. It’s been 11 weeks since my procedure and I keep getting better and better. I couldn’t be happier with Dr. Kayser & his staff for guiding me throughout this entire process. I encourage all my friends & family to see Dr. Kayser if they are anticipating having any kind of surgical procedure. Thank you for being so wonderful to me.

|  Exsperience was better then i could have imagined  |  show details
by Andie G on Mar 17th, 2014

My experience with Dr Kayser and his staff was better then i could have imagined. They were so kind and understanding and answered any questions or concerns i had. Dr Kayser made sure that we went through all my options before we made the decision that was right for me. When it came to surgery i was nervous. When Dr Kayser came in he had a big smile on his face and we talked about everything again and he calmed my nerves. Everything went great. I had a breast augment with a lift. I was told before surgery that i may need a vertical incision for the lift. During surgery he made the decision that i did not need that incision. I was very pleased that he made the decision not to give me a scar i did not need. The staff at the hospital was also amazing, they made me as comfortable as they could after surgery. I healed very well and received a beautiful delivery of flowers from Dr Kayser and his staff wishing me a fast recovery. My experience was very personal. I was so thrilled on my results and everything turned out better then i could have imagined. Dr Kayser does amazing work!!

|  Patient  |  show details
by Pam M. on Feb 24th, 2014

From my very first appointment, Dr. Kayser and his staff were exceptional. I had a lower face and neck lift and couldn't be more pleased!! No more jowls, saggy chin or cords. I actually have cheekbones!! It's taken 10-15 years off my face!!! :) I wish I would have done it sooner!!! I am not someone who rushes into something like this……its my face for pete's sake!!! I did extensive research before making my appointment with Dr. Kayser. He took the time to patiently answer all my questions and concerns and I made the appointment to have my surgery just a couple weeks later. I went to St. John's Hospital which was a little less expensive. Surgery went fine and I was pretty well sedated in the hospital to where I was comfortable. Quite honestly, I really had very, very minimal discomfort. Spent the night in the hospital and came home the next day. I was prescribed Valium but used it only once. I do have a recommendation, however. If you go this route, after surgery you will be very hungry because you haven't eaten for lots of hours. Take it from me, order soup or something very light. I made the mistake of ordering quesadillas or something ridiculous like that, ate very little and ended up vomiting. Because of that, the nurse gave me some anti-nausea medicine and a shot of it before I left. It gave me extremely dry mouth to where I had to drink water excessively and, in turn, when I got home I spent a few hours in the bathroom which made me anxious. Make sure you come home to a calm, quiet environment. Yes you will be swollen, however it is manageable. By the next morning I was SO MUCH better!!! Dr. Kayser was available and answered all my questions, never once making me feel like I was asking something foolish. One of which was how long will it feel like I'm wearing a mask? I had a little bruising and don't be surprised if you're numb on your cheeks near your ears for 6 months, very normal. It will be a year next month I had it done and feel and look SO MUCH YOUNGER!! Not to be too vain, but ……its a pleasure to look in the mirror…LOL. Don't make the mistake of cutting corners, going with a "medical spa". If you've been considering this, believe me, you will be extremely elated with Dr. Kayser, his staff, and your results. You will not regret one single dollar or minute you spent.

|  Breast Lift  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2014

I had a horrible experience with another 'surgeon'. Had implants put in and was never happy with them-lived with a nightmare for 3 years. I literally looked deformed. Finally, after saving enough money and getting the courage to go through another procedure to 'fix' me, someone steered me in the direction of Dr Kayser. All I can say is he is the most compassionate AND smart man I have ever met. His staff is far beyond wonderful. I look and feel great! I will refer everyone I know to this fabulous office!

|  Excellent surgeon, compassionate doctor  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2014

I had booked four consultations with plastic surgeons in the metro Detroit area. After additional research I cancelled one appointment. Dr Kayser was my second consult and I knew right away he was the doctor for me! I kept the third consultation appointment which confirmed my intuition. I shared with him my other quotes from the other board certified surgeons and he worked with me on pricing! He is the most personable, compassionate doctor who, in addition, is a perfectionist with his work and an extremely talented surgeon. I had a breast lift, tummy tuck and lipo of the armpits. I couldn't be happier with my results and would go back if I ever needed anything else. REMARKABLE staff, particularly Denise, the office manager.

by Amanda o on Feb 3rd, 2014

I always went back and fourth with the decision to have breast augmentation because i was so nervous hearing about all the negatives that could go wrong, online and in magazines. Thanks to the reviews for image by design it led me to Dr. Kaysers office and hopefully my review can help someone else have a equally wonderful experience as me. Ever since the first call I never felt pressured to under go surgery but more so comforted and it confirmed my decision on doing this surgery for me. After meeting Dr. Kayser I genuinely felt he cared about the best interest for me individually and not like i was just another number. He gave his honest opinion and I trusted him completely. I couldn't be more happier with my experience and if asked the day after surgery, till now, a year later id still say id do it again in a heart beat (not many people would say that). I had my surgery on a friday, saturday I removed my bandage, showered and was up and about with a 2&4y old. I took one over the counter motrin the day after and returned to work Monday. No brusing, no swelling, I looked like a million bucks with no more then feeling alittle sore similar to the feeling of feeling engorged with milk.

|  Amazing experience  |  show details
by Holly S on Dec 17th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kayser for my breast augmentation surgery by a friend who had the same surgery done by him. My experience with Dr. Kayser and his staff at Image by Design by far surpassed my expectations. The moment I met him I felt comfortable and at ease. He explained my options and took the time to answer any and all questions I had. When I left my consultation, I knew he was the one. The morning of surgery I was very nervous since this was the first procedure I'd ever had. The staff at the surgery center were great. Dr. Kayser met with me before surgery and I felt much more relaxed. I was reminded that I had made the right choice. The surgery went very smooth and he did a phenomenal job. I went from a small A to a full C and they look natural and very proportioned to my body. Thank you to Dr. Kayser an his staff for wonderful experience.

by Linda E. on Oct 26th, 2013

After meeting with several plastic surgeons, I knew the moment I met Dr. Kayser that he was the one I was going with. He took his time and listened to my best interest. He didn't push his opinion on me as some of the other doctors did. He gave me his best advise and I felt very comfortable in his office. The staff was so nice and caring as well. I had a pleasant experience and I would recommend him to anyone considering plastic surgery. My results were better than expected.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by Natalie on Jun 15th, 2013

I researched several doctors in my area for breast augmentation before deciding on Dr. Kayser. I did not have to wait long to get a consultation but it would have been worth the wait! Everything with my surgery went smooth and I couldn't be happier with the results!

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Lillian Logan on Jun 8th, 2013

After years of being over-weight, my daughter was able to lose weight but was left with an excessive amount of skin on her legs and stomach. Dr. Kayser performed plastic surgery on her leaving her looking beautiful and giving her a second chance at life. He is an extremely professional and caring doctor. He goes the extra mile for his patients and I whole heartedly and without reservation recommend him for anyone in need of plastic surgery.

|  Professional and Friendly  |  show details
by Leah Vienna on Jun 5th, 2013

A friend of mine recommended me to Dr. Kayser for a breast augmentation. I was very pleased with the entire experiance. From my first consultation to my post op check up Dr. Kayser and his staff were extremely helpful, knowledgable and encouraging. I did not feel pressured but motivated after my first consultation and 8 weeks later I am still thrilled with my decision. Thank you Dr. Kayser I will continue to reccommend you to friends, family and strangers!!

Oct 24th, 2012

Before selecting Dr. Kayser as my plastic surgeon, I went to 5 other doctors for consultations. I had done plenty of research and wanted to be sure I made the right decision to have breast augmentation. It was important to me that I find a doctor who took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns, made me feel comfortable, and had a staff just as caring and helpful as he. I knew right away when I walked into his office for my consultation that he was the doctor I would choose.The staff was extremely polite, I did not have to wait a long time to be seen, and once I met with Dr. Kayser, he took me to his office to further explain the procedure, including drawings, and a list of options for me to choose from. Then his secretary very thoroughly described my financial options, and was very patient with my questions. Even when it came to scheduling my surgery, the staff worked around my schedule well.After surgery I was so pleased. I even received flowers from the staff, and they followed up to see how I was feeling. My follow-up appointments went well, and I had no complications whatsoever.I am so happy that I chose Dr. Kayser. He was voted among the Top 10 best plastic surgeons in Metro Detroit for a reason. He is an extremely kind, understanding, patient doctor and a master of his work.

|  Changed my Life!!! - Breast Augmentation  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

Dr Kayser changed my life! I had an experience with another doc about 10 years ago and he was able to correct the wrongs from him and now I just love the way I look. His office is professional and the surgery process was so easy and I knew exactly what to expect. I made the best decision by going to him and I love to look in the mirror and IN MY BIKINI!!!...

Jun 27th, 2012

I spent a ton of time researching the breast lift procedure itself and more time with surgeon consultations. I am so grateful to have found Dr. Kayser. He took so much time answering any and all questions, going over the procedure itself, the hopeful outcome, the reality of what 'could' happen, etc. His staff, from the initial contact to the follow up visits are wonderful. Everyone is so warm and caring, you feel like you've know them forever.The procedure itself was exactly as described, no surprises. I did, however, receive a surprise the next day, a beautiful floral arrangement from Dr. Kayser and his staff. Very thoughtful.I will be returning to Dr. Kayser in the near future and would definitely recommend him. Once you meet him and his staff, you will, without a doubt, know you have selected the right surgeon.

|  A GIFTED MAN  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2011

I was diagnosised with breast cancer in 2009. When you receive that type of news your emotions are overwhelming. Being a nurse I was somewhat knowledgeable in the arena I was about to enter. I researched ALL of my physicians. From where they went to school, did their residency and fellowships, what areas they specialized in and what areas they were certified in and the number of years doing this. I had meet with all of my physicians prior to choosing them. I had seen a few plastic surgeons prior to my consultation with Dr. Kayser. From the moment I stepped into his office for the first consultation to today, I feel comfort, peace, geninue caring about you as the patient. Dr. Kayser is a "Gifted Man". God has blessed him with a great expertise in the area of cosmetic surgery and in return we (the patient) receive these blessing too with the positive outcomes from his gifts. I would recommend Dr. Kayser to anyone because he truly cares about his patients...take it from someone that works in this arena...you won't be disappointed. Thank you Dr. Kayser for being the "Gifted Man" you are!!!

Oct 17th, 2011

I chose Dr. Malek Kayser of Image By Design in Roseville, MI for my breast reduction from the before and after pictures posted on his website. After meeting Dr. Kayser and his staff, I was certain he was the plastic surgeon for my procedure. I am currently 2 months post-op, and I am thrilled with the results. Dr. Kayser has been truly professional throughout the process, and I would recommend him to anyone. The SPAIR technique was perfect for me. I left the hospital about 4 hours after surgery, and I took only Ibuprofen for several days. Recovery has been without issue, and I was able to get back to daily activities very quickly. Dr. Kayser is an excellent plastic surgeon, and I give credit for my easy recovery to his surgical skills. At my first visit he told me he was a perfectionist, and after seeing my results I believe him!

|  Shelly Bradychok  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2011

I have never written a referral ever, but I am writing this one because of the excellent treatment I received from Dr. Kayser and his staff. They made me feel very comfortable right from the start. Dr. Kayser explained everything to me and answered any questions I had. I had lost a lot of weight and wanted to have the excess skin removed from my stomach and arms. He told me about the options I had and showed me several before and after pictures. I am thrilled with the results and I do not regret my decision to have this done. And now I am happy to be part of his before and after pictures. I would recommend Dr. Kayser to anyone who needed or wanted plastic surgery.

Aug 3rd, 2011

Had done a lot of research because I wanted to get my nose done, and liked the pictures I saw on this site, but was weary because although the reviews I read raved about him, these were all people who'd gotten their breasts done, not rhinoplasty. I went to another dr before, and really disliked him. The first time I met with Dr. Kayser, I knew he was perfect. He was able to explain exactly what I didn't like about my nose, and told me what we could do to fix it. I booked my surgery in that first meeting. A few days before, I started freaking myself out, and came in to talk about my worries. We went over everything, and decided on exact details. I felt so much better, he really addressed all my concerns. The end result is amazing, it is natural looking, so that most people didn't notice I did anything, yet I just look better. Espically in pictures, my nose is no longer too wide for my face. I feel more confidant and look in the mirror and like myself. It's been only 7 weeks, and it seems compleatly healed, no scar, although he says there is still swelling, It already looks perfect and can't believe it will get ever better as time goes on! He sent flowers to my home after the surgery, and was really comforting right before I was put under in the hospital. He is timely, I never had to wait and the staff is very nice as well. I am so happy i got it done, and think it was totally worth it. If you are looking for someone for a rhinoplasty, take a serious look at Dr, Kayser. I was pretty clear and specific with what I wanted, and he was able to meet all my expectations. I'd say all around, he is good at what he does. Really an artist.

Jan 29th, 2011

Dr. Kayser and his staff were very kind and patient with me during my initial visit, although I postponed surgery at that time. During my subsequent visit and consultation, although I may not have been the typical patient, all my desires and requests were listened to and granted. My follow-up care has been wonderful and I have been so grateful to Dr. Kayser for the care I received. I loved my results!

Jan 29th, 2011

Dr. Kayser and his staff have been top-notch. From my initial visit and decision to wait, to my subsequent visit half a year later, my needs were listened to and my wishes were fulfilled. I may not have been the typical patient, but what I wanted, the doctor DID and I was so grateful for that. He was VERY understanding and caring.

|  I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Kayser  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

I am very proud that I was able to breastfeed my baby for a year but wasnt so proud of the toll it took on my breasts. At only 25 years old, I felt like I needed to hide my breasts behind the most padded bras I could get my hands on. I debated for months about the timing of a breast augmentation. I would like more children in the future but didnt want to wait until then to feel great about my breasts. I began to research the best board certified plastic surgeons in Michigan and the surrounding states. The search was over when I discovered Dr. Kaysers website. His before and after photos were beautiful, he had amazing testimonials, and his photo was on The Best Plastic Surgeons in America. I did not have any person refer me to Dr. Kayser, but his clients reviews assured me that he was the best of the best. When I went in for my consultation, I loved the small and intimate setting. Image by Design is not some huge plastic surgery corporation where the staff and doctor are too busy to make you feel special. It isnt every day that I have perfect strangers inspect my sagging breasts but Dr. Kayser and his staff made me very comfortable and relaxed. Even when I left his office floor covered in my toddlers cheerios he never made me feel out of place or unwelcomed. His reputation for being an artist rang true when he explained that an augmentation would be good but an augmentation with a lift would be perfection. I never felt pressured to follow his advice but I trusted that he knew what he was talking about. After discussing it with my husband later I called and scheduled my augmentation and lift. Within 4 weeks from my consultation I was excitedly heading to the surgery center for my procedure. Everything from registration to post-op went beautifully. Before my surgery, Dr. Kayser reviewed with me what he was about to do and verified the size I wanted to be. Now, at only 6 weeks post-op I look and feel amazing! My breasts are full, round and perky! I could not be more pleased with Dr. Kaysers work. I recommend him 100% to anyone even considering a plastic surgery procedure. Rebekah, Genesee County, MI

Jan 4th, 2011

Dr. Kayser is one of the most patient, kind and talented doctors i have met. He took a great interest in understanding what my goals and desires were and addressed each concern I had, one by one. He helped me to determine if surgery, and what type of surgery, would be my best option and he showed me many before and after pictures of people with very similar cases, so that i would feel comfortable with my choices. He has a great sense of humor, is gentle and very attentive after suregery. I would recommend him to anyone.

by Lisa W. on Dec 21st, 2010

I had previously had breast implants and was not happy with the results at all. I then did research and went to see Dr. Kayser to get them redone. I am very satisfied with the results and would recommend him to anyone!!! :)

Dec 15th, 2010

I have spoken to 3 other board certified plastic surgeons and this was the first doctor that charged for a consultation. I am supposed to decide if I trust him before I even meet him? Seems like a scam to me.

Doctor's Response

Charging a consultation fee is a standard and accepted policy in most practices. This person failed to state that their fee is applied directly to any procedure should they decide to schedule with us - which most patients who consult with us actually do. Most patients who are sincerely seeking a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon fully understand this policy and respect the full hour of time we spend with each new patient. I hope this clarifies this matter. Sincerly, Dr. Kayser

Apr 9th, 2009

He is great. Getting a BA in a couple months from him!