Dr. Melinda Carter MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 11th, 2016
Dr Carter saved my life!
Dr Carter saved my life! I was having a lot of problems but my previous doctor said there was nothing wrong with me. I switched doctors and in my first visit with Dr Carter, she was very thorough and did a bunch of tests and found the leukemia. She got me in with my cancer doctor right away and now I am in remission. I would be dead now if it were not for Dr Carter.

April 18th, 2014
Best doctor I have had in years
Dr. Carter is patient, thorough, kind, and helpful. She listens, takes her time, honors each patient, and is non-judgmental. Her nursing staff is professional and respectful. Timely follow-up with medical results. Many of the front desk people are very good, inclusive, and helpful. This is a busy but highly efficient, effective, and functional medical office. As usual there are always one or two staff that tarnish the lot but it is usually fairly easy to avoid them. When I move, I will be sorry to leave her practice. She is that kind of Dr. I really couldn't ask for more. I finally have good healthcare again and know if anything where to come up, I would be in very good hands.

August 27th, 2013
The staff ratings are what brings Dr. Carter's ratings down!
Unfortunately, I think that the staff ratings are what brings Dr. Carter's ratings down. While no doctor would likely get a 5.0 rating, she should at least be a 4! This is a doctor who listens well and actually gets to know you. I think that this is important so that she is able to develop an individualized treatment plan - and not just write out a script the same way for everyone. People's bodies are different and react differently to medications. It's been my experience (I'm sensitive to many medications) that most doctors assume that the same script for all people SHOULD WORK. I will never understand this! Think about a 5'2", 120 lb female vs. a 6', 250 lb male going to the doc for the same thing - say a broken finger. Most docs would prescribe the same pain med and instructions for use, for both of these very different patients. Doesn't common sense say that this doesn't make any sense? So what I love about Dr. Carter is that she understands these differences (and others) and really works to create a 'personalized' treatment plan that works for YOU! So I give Dr. Carter a big FIVE, to make up for the points lost due to her staff.

June 15th, 2013
Needs to replace certain Front Desk staff
Experience with Dr. was okay. One front desk person was consistently rude and sarcastic.

August 17th, 2017