Dr. Melinda Hakim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 9th, 2015
Dr. Hakkim is a remakably skilled opthalmologist. She is wonderfully responsive and who cares not only for your medical needs, but is there to support you emotionally when you experiencing what can be frightening procedures.

February 16th, 2015
Brilliant and Great Bedside Manner
Dr. Hakim was recommended to me by my general practitioner. I had seen two other eye doctors who shuttled me in and out of their office and didn't take my problem seriously. I had horrible, deformed styes on the margins of my lids. Dr. Hakim took me seriously and told me she would do whatever it took to make it like I never had any deformity and she did. She gave me injections of a new medication and within two weeks, you couldn't tell I ever had anything wrong with my eyes. She reads up on the latest stuff and I am so lucky that my internist worked with her. She also put me on a regimen to help prevent styes in the future.

November 10th, 2013
Accurate and Thorough
My son had a growth on his eyelid with a red eye that wasn't getting better for two months. I took him to several doctors who told me it was pink eye or allergies. Dr. Hakim got an eye culture and found out that it was a different condition entirely. She removed the bump and my son's red eye immediately resolved.

October 8th, 2013
Very helpful eye doctor
I went to Dr. Hakim for a second opinion and she was amazing. I had an eye infection that wasn't getting better with antibiotic drops. My eye doctor told me that it would just take more time. I went to Dr. Hakim for a second opinion. She cultured the eye an found the herpes virus in my eye. She put me on new medication and I was a thousand times better within one day. She really went the extra step to diagnose my problem.

September 23rd, 2013
Outstanding Doctor
Dr. Hakim cured the tearing problem that I had for 2 years in one 10 minute, easy procedure.

March 15th, 2013
Outstanding Eye Doctor
I had been going to another eye doctor for 10 years. That doctor no longer accepted my insurance, so my general doctor recommended that I see Dr. Hakim. On the first visit, she diagnosed me with glaucoma. She did all the tests and explained at length why I had glaucoma and how I could prevent blindness for the rest of my life by starting treatment early. I can't believe my last eye doctor missed my glaucoma. She showed me complex studies and photos so I could really understand my condition. She made sure to check my eye pressure with two different devices. She is a delightful woman who really wants to get to know you and your background. She is really educated about all the latest technology and treatments. I am lucky to have found her.

February 12th, 2013
Terrific Eye Doctor
I was so happy that my internist referred me to Dr. Hakim. She is so knowledgeable, thorough, and caring. She found a small tear in my retina and had it repaired the same day. I went to two other doctors who did not see the retinal tear, despite my symptoms. She is dear to my heart and saved me from potentially going blind.