Dr. Melinda Jack MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 14th, 2016
ZERO FOLLOW-UP
Was there a week ago for colonoscopy and still have not heard my results!

January 7th, 2014
excellent
I met Melinda for the first time at the outpatient clinic. Getting ready for my surgery she came in my room and went over the procedure. She was great very detailed oriented and patient with me. Overall I was glad she preformed my surgery. I have been told that this office and team of doctors come highly recommended.

January 4th, 2014
Empowering, Compassionate Doctor
I knew from the moment I met Dr. Jack that she was the right choice for me! Not only did she listen to my concerns and requests, but she presented both the pros and cons for what I was requesting (a non-sedation colonoscopy). She didn't belittle my concerns, she didn't argue with me, and she let me be in control of my procedure as much as was medically possible. During the procedure, Dr. Jack was gentle, informative, and patient. She knew my desires and never once tried to violate them. I know that the way she performed my procedure was more difficult and time-consuming than the average colonoscopy; and the fact that she was willing to listen to me, honor my wishes, and follow through with them left me feeling triumphant and empowered, knowing that I was participating in my own health care and control over my body. Thank you, Dr. Jack.

November 15th, 2012
Great doctor - poor office/scheduling staff
Dr. Jack is wonderful. I highly recommend her, but I wonder if she knows how difficult it is to make an appt to see her. I was so frustrated with her support staff I was ready to go elsewhere. When I tried to contact her office I encountered long wait times on the phone, schedulers with very little patience, and then getting someone to call you back is nearly impossible. If she's smart she'll make some necessary staff changes that more correlates with her excellent level of care. The one exception to her staff is her assistant Adriana who was so nice and made me feel very at ease.

November 7th, 2012
Terrible staff
Staff at Colon Rectal at Mount Carmel East terrible, rude, unprofessional, lies and uncaring. Completely messed up disability claim after 2 weeks of phone tag, and receptionist could not care less, the rudest ever, can't list word that she is.Dr. was out on maternity, she is ok but support staff is A TOTAL ZERO

April 30th, 2012
I'm Was Impressed
This was my first visit and my overall experience was excellent. I almost opted not to go to Dr. Jack based on the comments. But am I glad I followed my own instinct. Dr. Jack is the best...she was very friendly and professional and knew exactly what to do for me to make my well. She did not rush me through the fact finding questions. I am so glad she was/is there for me. I would highly recommend Dr. Jack to my family and friends! Thanks Dr. Jack

December 6th, 2011
Only wants money!
Dr. Jack does not seem to care about what I came in to see her about. Instead, she pushed for a colonoscopy which I had done. Everything came back negative. I then asked where to go from here because that doesn't fix the issues I'm having. She then said I needed a CT scan of my abdomen/pelvis. Shouldn't this have been done first? In addition, I was never given an estimate of the total costs for the colonoscopy and I keep getting bills! I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Go to someone who really cares and doesn't juts want to perform procedures to get money.

September 29th, 2011
dr jack is a very good doc. there are some nurses at the practice that upset me with things they said to me over the telephone. i think they should talk to dr jack before they call a patient and not just give a nurses opinion to patient. i am not interested in nurses opinion only the doc.

September 8th, 2011
New Patient who suffers from Panic Disorder
I was told I needed to see a colon doctor and after checking with my insurance found she was the only female in this field in Columbus. I informed the staff when I called that I suffer from severe panic attacks. They were wonderful to me from the moment I stepped in the office til I left. Dr. Jack took the time to explain everything she would be doing and what they were looking for. Her assistant Ariana was so kind and very patient with me. I have to go back for another test and while I'm still worried I'm not in the total panic I would normally be. I would recommend her to anyone.

May 17th, 2011
Regina Varnado patient
I feel Dr Jack is a very caring and kind physician. She listens to everything you have to say, explains all things and although my exam was minor she treated me with the upmost respect. It is a fact that I will recommend her to any and all my acquaintences.