Obstetrician & Gynecologist
3903 S Cobb Dr SE
Ste 105
Smyrna, GA 30080
404-549-1327
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Wonderful services!  |  show details
by Ms. Thomas on Dec 2nd, 2013

I'd like to personally give a wonder review for Dr.Thrasher and her amazing staff. I have always have issues from possible firbroids to unforseen cysts andjust wasnt having luck from doctor to doctor in someone understand my fears and taking the time to listen and do some further investigaton for me. As a young adult out here on my own its comforting to find a good doctor. Dr.Thrahser and her staff have been amazing the whole way. Just last week I called in to leave a message for an issue and hope to schedule an appointment (on Thanksgiving night non the less )and to my surprise someone answered. I thought for sure the I had dialed the wrong number to my astonishment the kind voice on the other line was ready and willing to not only assits me but care and listen to me. Often times if " the doctor is not in" you are weary about getting help from anyone else. I can attest that her lovely assistant not only helped me but went above and beyond in following up the next morning. I knew right then that Dr.Thrasher and her staff were a cut above the rest. Great staff, dedication to their patients and most of all dedicated to you and your needs. Thank you so very much for all that you do for us.

|  There are better Doctors ...  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2013

I wanted to be pleased with my experience with this Doctor. I was not. Poor follow-up, seemed agitated with questions. Very nice office, staff was friendly, but when it comes to healthcare, I need someone who is caring, communicative in a positive and not confrontational or condescending manner. There is a difference between good, better and best and you co-pay is the same at all three, seek out the best, for me this was not it.

|  Best Doctor I could have ever met!  |  show details
by Erin M. on Aug 27th, 2013

I was shocked when I found Dr. Miller-Thrasher. Her office was able to fit me in as a new patient within one week of my calling. Other doctor's in the area told me I would have to wait a minimum of three months. The office on South Cobb is so relaxing! I love the lights being low, aroma therapy neck wraps, bottled water, water features in the hallway to help with relaxation, and overall friendliness of the staff. This is truly a jewel in the rough! I would not change anything about her office.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
by Tara L. on Jul 12th, 2013

I was thoroughly impressed with the office staff and the physician herself. She took time to answer all of our questions and did not seem to be in a rush to get to the next patient. The office staff always answers questions in a timely manner. I would recommend this physician to everyone, especially if they are looking for a doctor for their teenage daughter.

by Elvie M. on Jun 21st, 2013

I loveeeeee the service I receive at Dr. Miller-Trasher's office and her wonderful staff. This Dr. Miller-Thrasher's office staff are great and make you feel very comfortable. Dr. Miller-Thrasher is quick and she give you advise on what's best for you! I have been going to Dr. Miller- Thrasher for years and I will continue going!

Jun 7th, 2013

I no longer go to this doctor for poor treatment. Dr Melinda Miller-Thrasher is charming and knowledgable. She is training a bunch of new staff so the experience is a little scattered and at times sloppy but I feel that she is a very skilled doctor. The problem I have is with her staff! They are really friendly and helpful when you are standing in front of them but they are of no help whatsoever afterwards. I have an insurance company that requires and itemized receipt. It does not need to be detailed but it needs to say my name, the cost, and the reason for the visit. I was NEVER able to get this from the office after several phone calls, emails and in person requests. In person I was told it would be emailed or mailed to me ASAP and my phone messages were ignored. I left a message in tears stating that my husband and I were fighting over this and that my insurance claim was about to be denied because of the time it was taking. I got no response. My total bills for the 4 visits were over $1500. I finally had to pay $500 to go to another doctor but I was able to get her staff to request my records which they kindly did and sent to me the same day. Her expenses cost me more up front but they are worth it because I trust the service and I can get reimbursed. What is wrong with Dr. Miller-Thrasher that she can't manage her staff better? I cannot recommend her to anyone!!!

|  The Best  |  show details
by Monica G. on Jan 28th, 2013

Dr Miller -Thrasher and her staff are very friendly and attentive. I really like how well she listens. Her health options for me are both natural remedies as well as the best modern medicine has to offer. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an OB GYN - whether you're a teen, adult or senior citizen. Don't listen to these negative comments. Check her out for yourself - You won't be disappointed.

|  ALWAYS A LONG WAIT  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2011

I have known Dr. Miller since 2004, with the birth of my first child. I dont know what happened between now and then but I have been extremely disappointed in Dr. Miller's wait times and bedside manner. The office staff is absolutely wonderful! However, every single time I go in for a visit, which is now once a month, I ALWAYS wait longer than an hour to be seen, and then only see the Dr for 5 mins!

|  Former Patient - Alicia Williams  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

Dr. Miller-Thrasher was very rude and inconsiderate. On July 6, 2011, I had an appointment for a follow up visit at 10 am to get test results from an exam, occurred in May, 2011. When I arrived, I was told that she would see me shortly. Two hours later, Dr. Miller -Thrasher came in to tell me that I had to see an specialist. Then she and her intern left the room to schedule an appointment for 1:30 pm. When she returned, she told me that I should go to the pharmacy area to buy a twinkie and a drink while I wait another hour and half to see another doctor. This statement was not only rude (meaning a comment toward my weight) but at no time did she ask if 1:30 pm worked into my schedule. Then, she asked her nurse as we were walking out of the office, if my insurance cleared. She is very disrespectful and a doctor that is only concerned with money and not patient care or the patient's time.

May 20th, 2011

Dr. Miller-Thrasher was very rude during and after my office visit. She was more concern with entering my medical information on the computer than listening to my concerns. She didn't address my concerns during the office visit. When I left her office and call her via phone to voice my concern she had me on speaker phone, told me as a patient I should know what I wanted and she disagreed with my concern. She then hung up the phone in my face.

|  Love Dr. Miller-Thrasher  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2011

Dr. Miller is a very caring doctorwho takes time to explain any problems youmay be having... she doesn't treat you like a number but a person and I love herfor that.... I will agree with some reviews that the waiting time can be longer then I would like, however its always worth the wait... I do feel she may need to schedule less apoointment each day ... however she's a great doctorI've been seeing her for almost 16 years...

Oct 6th, 2010

It is about time you can meet with a doctor that really cares about the patient. The wait was a little long but it was worth meeting with Dr. Thrasher. She answers your questions in a clear and concise manner to where you do not leave her office still not clear about your consultation. I wish they would validate your parking ticket.(LOL)!

|  Bad experience  |  show details
by Lauren on Jun 29th, 2010

My appointment was for 9:30a. I sat until 10:45a in a paper gown in the doctor's office. Nobody had the decency to tell me that the doctor had been called to the office. I was completely ignored. Terrible experience. Will never go back.

|  Very pleased patient and mother of patient!  |  show details
by RC in Palmetto, GA on Mar 1st, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Miller-Thrasher for years now. It was time to introduce my 16 year old Dr. Miller-Thrasher and she was just as caring and careful with my daughter and it really worked out well. My daughter thinks the world of her

|  Great Care  |  show details
by DamaAmor on Nov 11th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Dr. Miller-Thrasher always takes the time to explain things in detail to me to ensure that I fully understand my medical care. She has wonderful bedside manners and really makes me feel comfortable whenever I go to the office. Her support staff is also very friendly and courteous. Several friends have also switched to her care and none of us have ever had a bad experience.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com