Family Physicians, General Practitioner

501 Washington St
Ste 600
San Diego, CA 92103
858-784-5645
Locations and availability (3)

by Wendy Forrester on May 20th, 2013

After going through the mixed reviews on this doctor...I thought I'd give her a try. When the receptionist answered the phone, I asked how long it would take to see a new patient and she said "what kind of insurance do you have?" I then said that it was too bad that waiting time depended on what kind of insurance I have! She then proceeded to be rude to me and talked over me. I was trying to explain to her that my husband works for Qualcomm and we have great insurance and it is a PPO. An that all Qualcomme insurance is PPO. She kept talking over me, and then I asked to talk to an office manager. She then stuck me on hold. The doctor may be great...but you have to work with the staff to get to her. I would not recommend working with these people!

Sep 19th, 2012

Dr. Nevins is a compassionate professional who spends time to evaluate and come up with a diagnosis. I would reccomend her highly.

Apr 11th, 2011

Dr. Nevins really works with our core beliefs to add the healing process.Smart, kind and thorough.

Mar 28th, 2011

Great doctor! I usually have to wait longer than I want but it is worth the wait and she doesn't hurry me out. I do not like the Scripps ownership with added difficulty and time consuming to get a person on the phone in the office or to make an appointment. Too bad for us patients.

|  bad in almost every direction  |  show details
by mariposa on Mar 25th, 2011

It is my opinion that: Dr Nevins has a good bedside manner, when she shows up. Waiting times for appointments are simply outrageous. Even her staff 'kind of admits' she's always late. When she does show up she obviously hasn't reviewed the file. She orders tests but I had to phone, repeatedly, to plead to be disclosed the results. She doesn't follow through. When I gave up and asked for a copy of my records I got the royal jerk around; I had to made multiple visits, personal requests and phone requests - and I still don't have a complete set of my records. Her office staff is snitty and unhelpful. If there were something seriously wrong with me I don't believe I would survive her 'doctoring'.

|  A Gift to the Universe  |  show details
by KF on Sep 13th, 2010

Dr Nevins is amazing.....anyone who is fortunate to have her as their doctor is very lucky. I have been her patient for 7 years and her knowledge, kindness, compassion, intuitive medicine is a blessing. You may have to wait, but when it is your time, you have her full attention and she is a wealth of knowledge. She is Amazing!

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
by jewel on Jul 29th, 2010

After being to a number of doctors in north county, I found Dr. Nevins via referral from a friend. She is a very knowledgeable, perceptive and open minded doctor - who embraces holistic as well as traditional medicine. You may wait a little longer to see her because she takes the time with her patients necessary to find out what's really going on. Be on time, relax, and bring a book in case she's running late. She's worth the wait!

|  A Most Caring Doctor  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2009

Dr. Nevins is the most caring doctor I have ever come to know.