Dr. Melinda Sharkey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 4 reviews

February 7th, 2014
Awesome Doctor
I saw Dr. Sharkey with my 6 year old son who has a terrible congenital condition. Dr. Sharkey was kind, professional and explained operative and non-operative treatment for his condition. She spent a lot of time with us and answered all our questions. We went ahead with the surgery and our son is doing really well now. We really can't thank Dr. Sharkey enough for her time and effort.

July 4th, 2013
wonderful
Dr. Sharkey is wonderful any worries I had for my daughers surgery she had called me and talk them over with me and also the day of she went over everything again to asure that she would be ok.

January 28th, 2013
Mother of a patient under Dr. Sharkey's care
My daughter recently had a right hip construction surgery done by Dr. Sharkey and she truly made the entire experience as easy as it could be. Dr. Sharkey is extremely knowledgeable and professional, and checked on my daughter every single day we were in the hospital following surgery. She is very sympathetic to that pain that kids may feel after big procedures and always made sure my child was comfortable. One week post-op my daughter was seen by Dr. Sharkey for post op xrays and she was not 100% confident that my childs hip was set in the right place so she re-casted my daughter the very next morning in the OR at Yale into something she was much more confident would let the hip heal correctly. My husband and I are truly grateful for Dr. Sharkey's skill and willingness to do whatever it took to ensure my daughter healed correctly.

January 25th, 2012
Catching this Dr on a bad day could result in you losing out on valuable information on your child. It isI was impressed with her but our follow up, when she hit us with some surprising news and we were startled and worried and questioned her, she walked out on us and our child! It is a sad day when you can not as a parent ask questions because you want to be sure before you sedate and pluck you child with needles and biopsies, without the consequence of your Dr getting insulted, not understanding why you do not understand all of this (we are not drs) and leaving the room.