Dr. Melinda Smith MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

February 8th, 2016
Unethical

February 8th, 2016
Unethical
I made an appointment with Dr. Smith over a month ago and received a confirmation of my appointment 3 days ago. Today I got a phone call that she won't see me because I was a patient in the past (with another gynecologist at the practice) and she does not accept patients who have left to see other doctors. My appointment was to be in 3 days from today and I am in pain. I explained that I had never seen Dr. Smith before and it did not matter. "Dr. Smith does not see patients who have left to see other doctors...it is her steadfast rule." Dr. Smith does not care who I am, why I left the practice (another doctor) in the past, what's wrong with me now, or that I have been waiting to see her for over a month. Her behavior is unethical and unprofessional. I am extremely offended and hurt.

October 19th, 2015
caring and very competent
Dr. Smith is compassionate, thorough and extremely competent. Her caring manner is comforting and gives me confidence in her recommendations.

September 3rd, 2013
extremely poor diagnostic skills, missed serious gyno problems

January 19th, 2013
I don't understand the Dr's review. I've been to many doctors over the years since I am in my mid 50's and she is by far the most gentle, caring doctor I've been to. Her office also does bone density tests and mammograms giving your one-time visit an opportunity to cover several tests in one visit. The staff is very nice and eager to help with any questions you may have. I entered one day with a high blood pressure reading and a nurse pulled me aside upon leaving to take it again to be sure it had dropped. I have no complaints whatsoever about this office and would recommend them highly.

November 4th, 2012
Unprofessionally morally opinionated
I have gone to Dr. Smith for 2 years for routine paps. During the exams, Dr. Smith has appeared knowledgeable in her area. However, Dr. Smith pushes her moral beliefs and opinions on her patients if they do not line up with her's. During the two appointments I have had with her, she has made it clear that "in her opinion" I should not be living with my boyfriend (now fiance) without a 'ring on the finger' or that we should not be having sex without a condom without a 'ring on the finger' however that is just her 'opinion' as she will tell you.While Dr. Smith is absolutely entitled to her opinions and beliefs on such subjects, as a physician, especially with the intimacy and personal type of appointment, I feel Dr. Smith over steps her boundaries.If your moral beliefs fall in step with Dr. Smith, then I truly believe that you will have a good doctor-patient relationship. However, if they don't, she will tell that you are in the wrong, in her opinion.

June 30th, 2010
No diagnosis
I was very happy w/ Dr. Smith for years when my visits were for every day GYN needs (pap, breast exam, etc) However, when I began to have unusual persistent symptoms, and tests revealed very little, I was disappointed with her lack of diagnosis, and attitude with follow up, as if I was a burden on her. Having painful, persistent symptoms with no diagnosis is almost as bad as being given a difficult diagnosis. In some ways it is worse, because you lose faith in the medical community, have no idea what you are dealing with, if it will ever go away, or if it is life-threatening. The questions remain, and I feel that she has let me down, believing the symptoms to be psychosomatic instead of researching other possibilities and thinking outside the box of 'classic' symptoms.

October 19th, 2009