Dr. Melinda Woofter MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 11 reviews

November 23rd, 2016
Patient
She is very professional.

August 31st, 2016
Delightful and Efficient
Dr. Woofter is efficient, fun, and kindheart. She is clearly an expert in her field. Her professionalism and delightful manner is a plus.

March 7th, 2015
Beware!
Simple mole removal resulted in scar the size of a half-dollar. She allowed her incompetent assistant to help and stiches came apart in 2 days and wound reopened and got infected. The wound is still healing a 15 months later under care of a different dermatologist.

October 7th, 2014
This Is A Money-Driven Practice
I went two or three times to Dr. Woofter and took a day's vacation from work each time. I could easily get into the office and now I know why. When I asked questions about two or three issues and was told by the doctor that I would need separate appointments for these issues since she hadn't allowed time. You can tell that she's trying to run alot of patients through and that she can't be bothered with talking. One reviewer wrote about how she talks to her assistant (she's dictating notes in front of you, the patient, to save time). This practice is very poor. I didn't go back and have since found another dermatologist.

October 1st, 2013
An excellent doctor.
I have personally seen Dr. Woofter three times and drive all the way from Findlay, Ohio for a check up, which takes 2 1/2 hours one way. I do this for several reasons first of all because she is such a tactful and gracious doctor and secondly, because Findlay only has only one dermatologist in a city the size of Newark, Ohio. I purposely asked for a full body scan so that she could take note of any irregularities in my skin to establish a baseline. During my visits Dr. Woofter had a wonderful bedside manner. She was very tactful and courteous. She gave me quality time and answered any of my questions with thought and care, giving additional information and pamphlets when needed. In addition I've also taken my 84 year old mother to see Dr. Woofter when she was alive. My mother had a language barrier, in addition to the memory loss that aging brought with it. Because of that there were times that my mother required things to be repeated. Dr. Woofter was very patient with her and very warm and friendly, making her feel at ease. Dr. Woofter also quickly diagnosed early precancerous areas on my mother's skin, during her full body scan and we were able to get into the office very quickly to have them removed. The follow up after her visit was done promptly. My experience with the staff has also been very good. They have all been very warm, friendly and helpful. We've been very pleased with Dr. Woofter and will continue to come back.

August 13th, 2013
Excellent Dermatologist
I have had several appointments with Dr, Woofter in the past 10 years. I've been to her for minor, chronic skin problems as well as cosmetic procedures. She has been extremely knowledgeable and very pleasant. Recently, I made an appointment for my 9 year old daughter with Dr. Woofter. She was great with my daughter too. She took the time to explain her diagnosis and even showed us other "textbook" examples of the condition as she explained it. She is absolutely an excellent dermatologist and I'd recommend her highly!

October 25th, 2012
I am a 69 year old guy with fair complexion who spent far too many hours in the sun during childhood. Dr. Woofter has performed several surgical procedures on me over the last ten years. There is no doubt that she is focused and intent upon making the correct diagnosis, but I have never taken her actions as rude or uncaring. She has always spent appropriate time to answer my many questions without making me feel like I am imposing upon her. Although not apparent in the first couple of visits, her dry sense of humor is delightful!! I have no issues with Dr. Woofter.

June 15th, 2012
more like a factory
no advance warning for full body scan; 3 biopsies, two of which never looked at for healing; stitches removed from melanoma by assistant and not checked or reviewed by Doctor. Getting an initial appointment as if doing me a favor; one assistant in office arrogant and condescending. No advice or on-site assistance in how to dress and care of wound (only tired photocopy).Marginally professional

March 13th, 2012
no bedside manner. first appointment for specific problem was a body scan, without any warning. some of staff terrific, others stone-cold.

February 19th, 2011
Very cold doctor! No bedside manner! My first visit was a full body scan,HOWEVER,I had to pull my pants down to my ankles and turn around like rotessori chicken!Where's the gowns?Professionalism? The staff look miserable!No wonder!

November 12th, 2009
well worth my trip
As the other person stated, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get in to our small town doctor here in Lancaster. I have gone to the Lancaster dermatologists previously, and was not treated any differently then the person states in the other review.Dr Woofter is a specialist, and most specialists are very 'in to' their work. I would much rather have a genious, who knows her stuff, then a sweetheart, who just tells me what I want to hear.I have NEVER EVER had a dermatologist do a full body cancer check on me. I am a pale skinned redhead! Dr. Woofter was shocked to hear that, after seeing several dermatologists in my life, none had checked and documented my skin conditions.She is also the 1st dermatologist that told me my dry eyes are a result of my rosacea! I've been suffering for years with that, until she helped me.She has also been brilliant with my sons acne medications, always writing us scripts she knows will do the job, and save us money.If you want a doctor who knows her stuff; gets you in to her office and takes care of the reason you are truly there, I highly recommend Dr. Melinda Woofter!