Dr. Melinda Young MD Patient Reviews

December 15th, 2014
We are deeply grateful we found Dr. Young for our sons
We found Dr Young when our older son (age 11) had been misdiagnosed by three professionals. Her intake form was impressively detailed and she asked excellent questions. Then she asked them again in a different way to check the answers. We appreciated her careful approach so much because previous doctors had put too much weight on our son's responses to questions even when we told them that the responses were influenced by other factors (including a bad mood or an inability to explain clearly) and they never managed to draw him out or "get" him. Then she listened very, very carefully to us, the parents. Finally she worked slowly and with the utmost caution to change his medications. It took months but he got dramatically better. Since then we have taken our younger son to her, a very different child with very different problems, and she asked and asked and checked until she "got" him too. Both of the boys are now young adults dealing very successfully with their lives but they both go to see her alone a few times a year. With our sons, she has been more of a psycho-pharmacologist than a talk-therapist but the perceptiveness and efficacy of the brief talk-therapy (or advice, I would call it) over the years has been striking. We are deeply grateful that we found her during a terrible time in our family's history, when other doctors really failed us.

June 6th, 2011
Not good at returning calls. Even in crisis.
Was hoping for better luck as this Dr. seemed to be very thorough at first, but has not done proper follow up with my child on meds she prescribed. Serious reactions to meds and no calls back for week. Would not recommend.

December 12th, 2010
Well educated and caring psychiatrist
What I like about Dr. Young is that she knows so much and helps me learn about myself. Of course she also treats me as a patient, but she explains what things mean and helps me understand what is going on with me. She knows about diagnosis and treatment. She offered different treatment options like medication and therapy and she discussed different medication options.