Dr. Melissa Anderson MD Patient Reviews

2.9

December 8th, 2011
Very thorough and capable
My 12 year old daughter had complained of pelvic pain so Dr Anderson did a very thorough but non invasive exam in which she discovered a cyst that wouldn't have been detected if she had simply brushed off my daughter's symptoms as "typical". While Dr Anderson can be a little reserved and clinical, she is also very thorough and capable and we owe her a a lot for getting to the source of the problem.

February 7th, 2011
Horrible
After I left the office after my first prenatal appointment I was shocked. Dr. Anderson was so condescending, cold and unhelpful I literally couldn't believe what I'd just gone through. I told her this was my first pregnancy and not only was she disinterested and impersonal during the ultrasound but in her office she clearly resented answering questions. She spoke about prenatal tests and labor as if I, too, was an OBGYN. I'm no dummy, but her condescending attitude and refusal to explain anything in real English left me confused and, frankly, worried. She also laughed (literally; laughed out loud) at some of my concerns. For example: I asked about using condoms with spermicide and she laughed, as if I were dumb, 'Well, you can't get pregnant again after you've become pregnant.' And I explained to her that I'm worried about the chemicals, not pregnancy, and it's a personal preference. Then she realized that it was a legitimate question. I really hated this entire office experience, but I would have been able to stomach working with a decent doctor. Dr. Anderson is not even decent. I switched doctors a few days later.