Dr. Melissa Antonik Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Melissa Antonik?

AVOID. They don't treat their patients well & are outdated in their practices.

Posted on October 6th, 2016

1) The fist 2 times I went I had to wait 25-30 min 2) They want you to write down your numbers in a book and I guess are too cheap to pay someone to set up the software so that they can look at your blood sugars off your meter or insulin pump (I use medtronic the #1 device out there) 3) I go to try out the dexcom sensor and they give me one that doesn't work the 1st time around so I have to go back a week later 4) I try to return the dexcom sensor and drive over an hour away and end up 15 minutes late because of traffic because this is DC after all (try calling to say I'll be late but they aren't open yet) and when I get there they try to tell me I have to stay and wait till 10:45 to see the doctor. Mind you this is the 2nd time I've driven here to try and return the device. AVOID. AVOID. AVOID.

Posted on January 6th, 2016

Great Doctor

Posted on July 27th, 2015

Dr. Melissa J Antonik, M.D. is great they all are! However, the staff running the office left a lot to be desired. The Gentleman in the office is quite the opposite. In my experience, he was very rude, manipulative, and treated others with a degrading manner. I'm not sure if it was because of my gender or if it was the color of my complexion.

Posted on August 21st, 2013

Dr. Antonik just did her job. Nothing more, nothing less. Her staff however are very difficult. My insurance company contacted them FIVE times and then finally gave up. Very hard to deal with. When I called, they offered no aplogy for me having to get involved because they couldnt return a simple phone call.

Disappointed

Posted on May 8th, 2013

Dr. Antonik is very inexperienced. Although she spends a lot of time with me, she did not believe anything I told her about my history. I have several chronic illnesses. She doesn't research the interactions of the prescription medications to know that I would have adverse side effects with her prescriptions, i.e., I have migraines and the high blood pressure medications she prescribes dialates blood vessels. dialation of blood vessels causes migraines. There are other blood pressure medications that don't dialates blood vessels. I am looking for another doctor and don't recommend this one.

Excellent Endo

Posted on May 16th, 2012

I am Type I Diabetic, and Dr. Antonik saw me and my high-risk OB through my 2nd pregnancy. I had better control throughout, did not see her nurse during this time, and received timely and helpful answers to questions called in. I had fewer problems with hypoglycemia in early pregnancy than I did with my first child. My family has a history of thyroid problems which she also screened for during my pregnancy. I have continued to see her since then, and she is now seeing me through an insulin pump upgrade. She also recommended and started me on CGMS, which has helped my control a great deal. I find her to be knowledgeable about current treatment options/technology. She is young, but well-informed and manages your care on an individual basis, even if your physiology or situation is new to her. (I believe I was one of her first Type I's on a pump to go through pregnancy with her and not suffer from increased insulin resistance.) Given my control throughout, I can't say enough good things.

Good so far

Posted on April 4th, 2012

So far she has been good, and worked in the same mind-set as I do. Now that I have been diagnosed with PTC at 31, we will see how flexible she is with treatment options. Based on reviews of Dr. Rogcaz (sp?) also at the same practice I am hopeful.

Posted on March 23rd, 2012

My appointment was basically me telling her everything she should have already reviewed. I am not the doctor, she supposedly is. The front staff members are very very rude.

Very good endocrinologist

Posted on March 1st, 2012

Straight and to the point. She was very warm and has called me twice to discuss my results.

Posted on July 11th, 2017