Dr. Melissa Bennett MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology San Diego, CA

• Good
  • Bad

August 6th, 2012
I am so at ease with Dr. Bennett! She is a great Dr. And always takes the time to answer all my questions. I'm a first time mom so I'm very nervous so having a Dr. I'm confident in is important!

October 26th, 2010
Worst Dr. EVER
This Dr. performed surgery on me without verifying that I even had a tumor!My previous Gyn. felt a lump on my ovary and sent me for an ultrasound that verified there was a grapefruit-sized tumor in my ovary. Unfortunately, I had to change insurance, so I was assigned to Melissa Bennett. She didn't check me for a tumor through physical exam OR ultrasound. Instead, she scheduled a pre-surgery appointment without any explanation of the severity, cause, or possible outcome of having such a tumor. I naively assumed this appointment would address the severity of this condition and risks/expected recovery of this surgery. It did NOT! Instead, she ignored my questions and urged me to sign a pre-surgery agreement while watching my only 20 minutes expire. I was scared that the tumor was serious and signed her surgery papers despite receiving no information to questions I asked and wanted/needed to ask.After the surgery, I had a hard time healing. When I came to my appointments with her asking questions about what I should expect and how hard I should push myself, she again ignored my questions - and even walked out the door as I was asking her information! In short, post surgery, I was in pain constantly despite reporting my condition to her; I had to take extra time off work despite asking her advice on balancing post-surgery work-load and rest (and exercise); I had 1/2 a year of unexpected lower activity level that Dr. Bennett didn't tell me about even when I asked. Hindsight, I don't think my surgery was even necessary. If I had a better Dr. I think I could have planned for it better (work-wise as well as physically).BTW - If surgery is recommended, remember to make sure your Dr. answers all your questions! And don't sign something you don't agree with.

January 5th, 2017