Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Ob/GYN Specialists of The Palm Beaches
1447 Medical Park Blvd
Ste 300
Wellington, FL 33414
561-790-5990
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Experience  |  show details
by Susan on Jun 3rd, 2014

The entire office staff is very courteous and helpful. Dr. Carlson is friendly, knowledgeable, professional and concerned.

by Sarah on Mar 25th, 2014

Dr Carlson is a wonderful doctor and I highly recommend her to any woman out there. She truly cares for her patients and she takes her time to explain things to you. I had a few problems with my 4th pregnancy, but Dr Carlson went over everything I was going to experience, good and bad. She really does have a lot of compassion for all of her patients. I have been going to her for 14 years.

|  Best Physician Ever  |  show details
by Lynn G on Feb 27th, 2014

Office staff professional and efficient so first exposure very positive. Dr. Carlson had read my chart info before walking into the examining room so she was familiar with my medical history. She was welcoming and a good listener and responded to all my many questions. I never felt rushed.

|  Dr. Carlson is awesome  |  show details
by Hilla Araujo on Dec 11th, 2013

When you are pregnant it is imperative that you have the best doctor who can answer all your questions, who is friendly, realiable and able to assist you with what you need, The last thing you need is to be stressed out with the doctor who will be responsbile for delivering your baby. After all, this is a big moment in one's life. Yesterday, was my first vist with Dr. Carlson and my husband and I both agreed that she is great, funny and to the point. We are looking forward to the visits with her along our pregnancy.

|  Worth the wait!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2013

It may be difficult having to wait a month or more for your annual exam but it's well worth it. I drive 45 min one way just to see Dr. Carlson. She has the best bedside manner, is very attentive, and the staff is super. I would highly recommend her and her office. Thanks Dr. Carlson for making me feel special.

|  Compassionate caring physician  |  show details
by Lauren S. on Mar 22nd, 2013

Dr. Carlson is a top notch physician with the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. Her personality and positive energy put you at ease the moment she walks in the door. She spends ample time with patients listening carefully and providing important feedback to any questions/concerns. Once you meet her you will always feel welcome like you are a part of her family. There are very few doctors around today that have the gift of healing and caring. I am thankful to have Dr.Carlson as my physician. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a truly talented physician.

|  Dr. Melissa Carlson  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2013

I have only seen Dr. Carlson twice but I absolutely loved her. Her personality put me at ease and I would definitely recommend her. Emma K

|  She's GREAT!  |  show details
by Kristan on Mar 1st, 2013

I LOVE HER! She's friendly. Makes you feel comfortable. No complaints.

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

She has the best personality of the whole office. Always spunky and has a great attitude. Absolutely love her!

|  Office Nurse  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

New to florida I chose this doctor based on great reviews I saw on line. I was so disappointed. I was a new patient coming for an annual exam. She spent five minutes for the entire visit. She answered my few questions very briefly and her comment "nice to meet you" was said as the door was mostly closed behind her. She told me that the pap result should come within 10 days and if all normal to expect a letter. Three weeks passed by with no results. After calling and leaving a message I received a call back. 4 months later I got a generic note stating my pap result was normal. It was very frustrating trying to schedule an appt and took several phone calls to do so. I was not impressed with the medical questionere. As a nurse myself who worked in OB/Gyn offices I have seen more thorough forms. I understand that the days of cloth gowns and sheets are way behind us but at least a paper gown should be considered. I was given a paper shirt and a paper sheet. The only positive feedback I can give is that this doctor was gentle with her exam. I will not return to this doctor.

|  A gifted doctor with amazing bedside manner  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2011

Dr. Carlson took care of me during my pregnancy and I also got an IUD inserted soon after I gave birth. Her knowledge, compassion, and bedside manners are one of the best I have seen in any doctor. She is truly a gifted doctor. I never feel anything when she does examinations. She listens to you and respects your decisions. There's a wait to see her which is totally understandable because people know she is truly one of the best.

|  Great Intellegent Doctor, Worth waiting for!  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

Amazing doctor. She has performed a very difficult surgery on me where I should have lost my uterus, but she managed to save it. And now I'm back to normal thanks to her. The wait to see her might be long, but well worth it.

|  Love Her  |  show details
by Kate on Nov 29th, 2009

She's very down to earth, smart, and understanding. She's great at calming you down when you receive the bad news.

by MM on Nov 28th, 2009

I have been using Dr.Carlson for 7 years now. I started using her for regular GYN visits and now using her for my pregnancy she is the BEST, my husband and I both love her very much. She always has time to answer questions and sometimes to just listen. I don't know what I would do with out her I love her as a Doctor and just as a person she is great!!

by Joan on Nov 2nd, 2009

I left a comment earlier but have a follow-up. I spoke with Dr. Carlson's business manager about not getting reimbursed after I paid up front and they received payment from my insurance. The office manager said," Our policy is to try to reimburse our patients ONE YEAR after we have received payment from the insurance, although we could take as long as SEVEN YEARS. She also indicated that although patients have to pay up front, their office keeps the interest that the insurance company pays them for taking a long time to pay. She didn't care that I was the one waiting. When you go to this practice, it's like having no insurance. And they are supposedly a PREFERRED PROVIDER!

|  Best of the Best!  |  show details
by Julie on Oct 20th, 2009

I have been using Dr. Carlson for years. She listens, cares, as well as takes time every single time you walk in the door to make sure you get every question answered. Whether you are child bearing age or like me beyond those years, she gets it. And knows how to make things right. Not like others who rush you in and out. She truely cares about her patients and their needs. Appointments are out a bit, but that is only because all of her patients love her and are willing to wait. For urgent care, you are right in there. The staff is wonderful, responsive and has returned every single call. I dont know what I would do if it wasnt for Dr. Carlson. She is the best of the best!

|  OK Doctor, MISERABLE PRACTICE  |  show details
by Joan on Oct 19th, 2009

No one answers a phone at this practice.Nurse does not relay messages to doctor.Nurse is dismissive.No one returns calls.No one responds to faxes.Makes you pay up front and then getting reimbursed after insurance pays is like pulling teeth.Practice only interested in efficiency in making appointments and getting paid: NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR HEALTH CONCERNS.No doctor is worth this level of bad office practice.

by KC on Sep 19th, 2008

I have been with Dr. Carlson since I became pregant a year ago and I have to say she is a wonderful, down to earth person. She listens to you, answers any questions you have and just is a all around good doctor to have. She is also very smart doctor and takes well care of your. I highly recommend her, but she is also very busy and in demand by everyone because she is a wonderful doctor.

|  Excellence  |  show details
by Jeannie on Mar 27th, 2008

I have been using Dr. Carlson since I moved to West Palm Beach. Since I am past child-bearing age, I usually only see her once a year. She always remembers me and she always takes as much time as necessary to answer my questions and address my concerns. She's terrific!