Dr. Melissa Chappell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

April 27th, 2015
Dr. Chappell is not caring and misdiagnosed me.
She is a heartless professional that should not work with people. She told me that I needed to get myself together and return to work. Gave me meds that made me loopy. She even asked me which one I wanted Prozac or Zoloft. I don't know about you but I went to her for help duringa period in my life when everything was falling apart. She ruined my experience with doctors and delayed my treatment because I couldn't open up to another doctor after my experience with her. I ended up being diagnosed with Bipolar. If you care about yourself, family, and friends, do not send them to her. She made me feel like my employer at the time was paying her to downplay my illness. All of these events put myself and my coworkers lives at risk at the time.

February 10th, 2015
great doctor
Dr. Chappell has been a very empathetic and caring doctor for me for over two years. I would recommend her to anyone. She is very receptive towards your feelings and emotional state as a psychiatrist should be.

May 24th, 2013
Former Patient
I met with Melissa 3 or 4 times. I found her intimidating initially -- very regimented. Then I realized she could be a real danger to a person already in a vulnerable state. I contacted the Little Company of Mary several times about my experience with her, but no one followed up with me. Melissa proved to be downright cruel. I think she is more suited for the job of euthanasia. I actually think she might even enjoy it. THIS WOMAN IS DANGEROUS PEOPLE, STEER CLEAR OF HER!

July 23rd, 2012
Horrible experience!
I have seen Dr. Chappell several times. She is not a very warm and caring doctor. She is very matter-of-fact and to the point. I would put up with that, but then at my last appt. she refused to see me. I arrived 9 minutes late to my appt. and the receptionist repremanded me for being late. Then told me I would probably have to reschedule. She called the dr. whispered something, then asked me if I could come back in 3 hours. There was no one in the waiting room and no one with the doctor! Unvelievable! For being in the field of psychiatry she really should lose her sense of entitlement and try to actually help people. A psychiatric patient should never get denied for being 9 minutes late. That is unacceptable. So I found another psychiatrist who is warm and caring and won't deny me for being 10 minutes late.

April 9th, 2012
Been seeing her for 5 years....
I really like Dr. Chappell and find her to be very professional. Keep in mind, she is a pyschiatrist and internist, not a counselor. She is there to properly diagnose and treat, not talk about your problems like a psychologist would. She is excellent about following up to make sure everything is still going well, and when it hasn't been she has adjusted meds. She is a bit reserved, but I find it to be more professional than I do rude. I have recommended her to several people and will continue to do so.

March 25th, 2011
Escellent doctor and a caring human being
Dr. Chapel started by taking me off of a medicine that had had negative effects on me. After two weeks, I felt the improvement. I continue to see her and appreciate her professionalism, and her expressions of caring. Yes, she is a bit withdrawn, but I know that she cares. I feel that I am in the care of a top-rate doctor.

February 10th, 2010
Dr. Chappell is a phenomenal doctor. She has helped me immensely in the last six months, prescribed the right medications and I've never felt better. She is very kind too. I feel like she's known me for many years. Her staff is also very helpful and kind too. I would recommend Dr. Chappell as highly as possible.

December 31st, 2009
What's her job
When I go see Dr. Chappell I don't expect her to become a babby sitter to me. Her job is to be my DOCTOR and nothing else. To that end I must say that she does her job of being a DOCTOR very well. I have learned that she always matches my effort when it comes to me trying to get better.

December 17th, 2009
She need to be more caring

October 29th, 2009
True that she is not what you could describe as warm - she puts you in a chair by the door and sits at the other end of the room - but has a reassuring gravitas when it comes to your status as her patient. I believe that she does care and takes me seriously; Her role is to assess my needs and determine how best to meet them. Her treatment appears to be results oriented and I would say that in my case she is achieving results.

July 21st, 2009
As Above
I am afraid the other review for this doctor is very accurate. I am not accusing her of being rude but she is far from friendly. Her diagnosis was what I already knew. I do not to in any detail about the treatment she recommended but it was wholey innapprpiate. I was very dissapointed for on the face of it Dr Chappell is a dream doctor treating both body and mind in a holistic way.Lastly I want to warn everyone of her immature habit (by her own admission) of asking her Caucasian patients if they are racist.

April 20th, 2009
Very uncaring, not one bit friendly, very distant and unapproachable. Seemed bored, would not even use my name. Made me feel like she did not want to help me at all. Horrible experience. She's in the wrong field. Mental Health people should be caring.