Dr. Melissa Chinn DO Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

August 29th, 2016
I love Dr Chinn!! She is AWESOME! She answered all my questions and explained everything very well! She did my hysterectomy and did a great job helping me be comfortable and heal well! I love her sense of humor helping me to relax and laugh when I was nervous! I will definitely go back to her again and have recommended her to others!

August 5th, 2016
Greatest OB doc ever

March 26th, 2015
A wonderful doctor that truly cares.
I totally love Dr. Chinn! She has a great sense of humor which puts you at ease, and she really does care about you, and your health. She explains things well, and the staff is so friendly! She is by far the best doctor/OBGYN I've ever come across.

October 20th, 2014
I have been seeing Dr. Chinn since my pregnancy in 2010 and she is seriously the best. I love her sense of humor, personality and most of all her very caring nature. I have read the other reviews in absolute shock, none of them sound like her at all. In fact, she has won the hearts of my whole family. After having our son, I needed a surgical procedure a few years later and without a doubt I wanted Dr. Chinn to do it. She is very good at her job.

December 2nd, 2013
If she were a man she would be jailed for sexual harrassment
The things she said to me when my feet were in stirrups would have any man-doctor locked up. Please, please please avoid this mean woman.

September 15th, 2013
Dispassionate at what she does
First I would like to say she has awful beside manners.second you don't get to choose a dr. At island women's health it's whoever is on call that day or can take you( trust me your not a priority with these people) She does not connect with patients in any way. She walked in to my appt. barley looked at me the whole 3 minutes she was in there and that was it she walked out in a hurry. I had dr. Brunette for the first trimester and then they randomly switched drs on me so dr. Chinn can get to know me.which she has t taken anytime to do that. Not happy at all. I have been very sick through my pregnancy only half way through right now and am miserable. She has neglected my request for zofran every time I try to call her. I have to wait a week after my pills are gone because she won't answer me back for a new priscription. And anyone pregnant and sick know how bad that can be. A few words to describe dr. Chinn is dispassionate , inconciderate and no interpersonal skills, she clearly does not like what she does for a living. Why make evey pregnant women miserable because you don't like the field of work you went into. Have some compassion dr. Chinn and be considerate of your patients and how they are feeling! The only reason I gave her a one star is because I had to put something there or else I would have have her a -5 star

July 9th, 2013
Dr. has had enforcement action against license by WA and NV
Check out Washington State Department of Health's website. Enter her name under provider credential search. You can Google her name and Nevada and see the other document and state facts. Be an informed consumer, especially when it comes to your health!

February 10th, 2013
I was a patent of Dr. Chinn and i have to say that she was one of the coldest people i have ever met. not only did she make crass remarks during my visits, she was openly hostile towards me and my family. i for one will never EVER return to whidbey general.

January 18th, 2013
I visited the er and Dr. Chinn was the obgyn on staff. I am still in her "care" as my experience is very recent and do not want to go into too much detail as she will know who I am/I still have to deal with her for a short period of time. I will say..I am DEFINITLY finding a new dr!! She is THE RUDEST/JUMP TO CONCLUSION AND NOT LISTEN TO YOU/LET YOU SPEAK!! She forced me into a surgery I did not need and do not have insurance to cover! DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!! I am telling you now...you WILL regret it!! GUARANTEED!!!

August 10th, 2012
Dr. Chinn is the BEST!
Going through menopause is no treat but Dr. Chinn and her nurse have been so wonderful and supportive. Both are knowledgable, understanding and caring. And they have a great sense of humor!I highly recommend this team!

May 7th, 2012
~ Terrific!
I have had Dr. Chinn as my doctor twice now for emergency issues, once involving emergency surgery. She is excellent! She understood what I was feeling and was able to explain in great detail what was happening and what to expect. We discussed my options, running different scenarios, and I was very comfortable with my decision because I felt well informed. She took her time with me and my husband to ensure all of our questions were answered both before and after treatment. She explained the medications, side effects and alternative options. She has a pleasant, calming personality and shows an interest in my history and how I prefer to be treated. I highly recommend her and look forward to my continued service with her. ~ZZM

March 19th, 2011
No Longer in Edmonds
Dr. Chin is no longer in Edmonds, She is now in on whidbey island in Coupeville! She is great! Easy going, has a very calming way about her, which when seeing an obgyn is a huge relief!