Dr. Melissa Delgado MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

May 10th, 2016
They never return call .. Shows they don't care. Tried calling no answer call to voice mail left messages about 9times NO CALL BACK.what a shame!!

November 13th, 2015
Not ethical at all-her only concern is money
Will do surgery for no reason, very rude and has no respect for her patients.

January 22nd, 2015
I had seen specialists from major universities for chronic pelvic pain- Doc fixed it!!!!!

December 7th, 2014
Not a pelvic pain specialist
I went in with severe constant pelvic pain, after having a previous surgical diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis. She told me that I couldn't have endometriosis again (not true, endometriosis very frequently returns after surgery) and insisted I had IC even though I didn't have bladder pain or burning. She had me restrict my diet so much that I lost 15 pounds on an already underweight frame. I am thankfully she was very compassionate and generous with the pain meds all the while, but I finally gave up and saw another gynecologist who believed my endo had returned, which was later confirmed via surgery. Turned out the endo had fused my appendix to my ovary, causing the excruciating pain for almost a year of my life that I felt like myself and my partner lost. So ladies, please please please seek second opinions. If you have IC, she's probably a great choice, but I wish I had gone somewhere else much sooner.

September 10th, 2014
Current Patient
After going through a very negative experience with another local gynecologist I found Dr. Delgado. I called crying and was put on the cancellation list with appointment scheduled for a few weeks away. I was called shortly after and my life was completely changed for the better from that call. She was kind, caring, compassionate, and a true advocate for me. I knew going in I had endometriosis and interstitial cystitis. She worked with me weekly on my bladder, going through my food journal line by line and discussing potential triggers and ways to reduce flares. She placed an IUD and was very caring through the painful process. I also had to have surgery for my endometriosis. I was a complicated case, but genuinely feel like she gave me my life back. She is strict about following the IC diet and tracking your symptoms. But if you put in the work, she is an unwavering support system for IC. She even helped with short term disability issues I was having. She is a sole practitioner, so there can be a wait. But it was well worth it for me. I wouldn't see anyone else and would recommend her whole heartedly, and have done so with just as good of results as mine.

January 27th, 2014
I thought I was Moody!
The visits started off pleasant. She used her fake, friendly tone to try to make the patient feel better and always compliment (you) on something. I do give her the credit of discovering my endometriosis and bladder condition. She did a good job with the surgery. Her practice would keep forgetting to call in medications or the nurse would forget to call me back with my concerns. The worst was when the dr. went on, what felt like a month, holiday, because I couldn't see her due to surgeries and her entire week away from the office. She had no on call doctor so I was forced to go to the er with pain. The scheduler who answers her calls in emergencies ignored my calls. When I finally saw the dr, she was fierce. I ruined her vacation by calling the office because I was scared and in pain. She told me I should know why I was in pain and that I am not following her rules. She told me to only call or come in for an installation. No medication or anything else at all! She told me I was supposed to bringing in a food journal every visit? This was only discussed for one visit. In my state of emotion, she sure did know how to make a patient feel more terrible than ever. Before I left, I told her the birth control wasn't working, another problem that was going on while she was ignoring my calls. It seems like a big hassle for her to call in something else. She said she would, but nothing was ever called in. She made it perfectly clear that she had patients waiting in line to make appointments with her.

January 16th, 2014
Bad experience
I went to see Dr. Delgado for a well woman check. I am a healthy 33 year old single female with no specific issues. I told Dr. Delgado that I had decided to wait to have sex until after I was married, although at one point I was sexually active. Rather than being supportive, Dr. Delgado spent several minutes trying to tell me that I should have sex and how I made a bad choice. When I made it clear that I was an adult and able to make my own decisions, she told me that I could go to the exam room for the PAP. At that point, I went through the fastest and most painful PAP smear I have ever had. I would not recommend her to anyone. In addition, her office overcharged me and I have not been able to reach anyone to fix this.

March 22nd, 2013
hands on problem solver, kind, skilled!!
I arrived into Dr. Delgado's hands with a pelvis so completely messed up that I was astonished that she has me functional and out of pain only 3 months later. I had already been dx pudendal neuralgia, "ovarian remnant" NOT (Dr. Delgado found the real problem). Sex life w/ DH was nonexistent for 10 months due to pain. Dr. D found: vulvadynia, Interstitial cystitis, and more. Several doctors had refused to treat me, including some of the "best" from the BIG hospitals and practices from DC, Chevy Chase, and the biggest JH in Baltimore. "too complicated" I was told. Dr. Delgado wasn't even fazed. She dove into my records, she made things happen, she did a surgery when the biggies refused, and boy! She reduced my pain by 75% YES. I was on massive narcotics now going down down. Sex? YES. Takes the safest course for YOU, individualized for YOU, treats you like a real PERSON. Husband said he wished all the crappy docs I'd seen could take some lessons from Dr. Delgado. After one very demeaning female gyn-oncologist refused to treat me for something so "easy" and laughed at my pain, Dr. D did the surgery. It wasn't EASY, it was tough, but I was out of bed in days and now life is great. Bilingual, nice staff, easy parking so don't be afraid to go up to Vienna. She's worth her weight in gold. Thank you God for putting her in my path.

May 7th, 2012
I was recommended to Dr. Delgado by a friend who had a great experience. However, I can't say the same for mine. I had scheduled an annual exam 2 wks prior, but when I arrived the receptionist asked if I had made an appointment. It felt as though they had squeezed me in as though I did not have an appt as everything felt rushed. A month later and I still had not had follow up on my results. First time I call, they cannot find my test results & the RN's were not around so I was told I would receive a call from an RN the next business day. A few days later, I still had not received a follow up phone call. I decided to call again and was finally able to reach someone who told me they do not call if everything's fine. I feel as though this should have been relayed at the end of my 1st visit. I will not be going back.

October 28th, 2011
Ex-Client
I've been a patient of Dr. Muzzammel's for over 15 years and was introduced to Dr. Delgado and have had the wrost experience. Her attitude has been unprofessional and uncaring. At my recent appointment, today, I was treated horribly today and was even caused pain, as the Dr. preformed an exam. I will definitely be reporting her to the BBB and Board of VA Obstetrician & Gynecologist today.

August 25th, 2011
Dr Delgado diagnosed my IC condition after 7 months of pain that numerous doctors had no idea. She was able to tell me what was wrong in my first visit with her! She practices in Vienna which is far from me but I have been making the drive weekly to see her!

July 19th, 2010
Dr. Delgado is no longer in practice at the Blue Ridge OB?GYN group in Culpeper.She is the who diagnosed my IC problem after years of suffering. I wish she were still here and I wish I knew where she is in practice now.