A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Melissa Garrett:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Melissa Garrett is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Garrett
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Garrett Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Melissa Garrett, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Garrett graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Garrett has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Durham Regional Hospital
- Durham Regional Hospital Medical Staff Services
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Melissa Marie Garrett MD is a female Internist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Melissa M. Garrett practice?
- Dr. Melissa Garrett has 1 office location.
Dr. Melissa Garrett practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Durham, NC.
See Durham Internists and Durham Gastroenterologists.