Dr. Melissa Helms MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 13th, 2016
Dr. Helms is the best!
I love going to see Dr. Helms! Which is not normal for me because I have severe anxiety about going to the doctor. She is very nice and easy going, takes the time to listen to me and address my problems. She takes me seriously and helps me. I am glad to have found her!

April 28th, 2016
If I was able to give Dr. Helms less than one star, I would. Her bedside manor is poor, she's dismissive, & provides generic answers so she can send you on your way quickly. (I've never spent more than 4 minutes with her.) When she examined my injuries from a car accident, she spent less than 60 seconds examining me and then refused to give me a referral to a back doctor because she believed I should go straight to a physical therapist. I literally had to beg her for a reference because I wanted to make sure my back was okay before having a non-doctor (PT) working on my back. I had been in a serious accident (my car was totaled and I was t-boned) and she didn't take it seriously enough to even have my back/neck examined by an actual spine/back doc before sending me to a physical therapist. (I also had hemotobes on my gut and bruises on my chest and breast.) I find that very risky and unprofessional as a PT could have done more harm without an evaluation of the injuries. Also - not the first instance with Dr. Helms. When I had digestive issues in the past she listened to nothing I said (all was lower GI,) and told me to take Prilosec. Really? My husband has also had the same experience and we are both leaving her practice. If you care about the quality of your doctor, Dr. Helms is not for you.

September 18th, 2012
I see Dr. Helms, and I love her!! She has changed my life. She listens to what I tell her. If something doesn't work for me, she will keep trying until she DOES find something! She has never given up on me and knowing she truly cares gives me hope!God Bless ya Dr. Helms!!

August 16th, 2011
Dr. Helms is young, but is very knowledgeable in the latest advances in medicine. She is very caring and empathetic, and gives you her full attention in the examination room.

June 23rd, 2017