Dr. Melissa Hurd Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Melissa Hurd?

January 7th, 2016

Excellent Doctor & Staff

For many years, I've been a patient with Dr Hurd and her associate, Dr Patel. They both are excellent doctors who listen to their patients. Nurse Carol is exceptional and goes that extra mile to help and comfort you. The gals in the office are on the ball and do everything possible to get you in to see the doctors, even when the schedule is tight. I can only say good things about Dr Hurd and her staff!

August 25th, 2015

I recommend

She has been my primary care dr for 4 years now, i am very happy with the professional treatment I receive at this office (Vista).

April 27th, 2012

Can I please get an appt.?

We found that this Doctor is so overbooked that we ended up spending more time and money going to urgent care for our needs..sinus infection, flu ect. We also found that her accuracy in diagnosing was incorrect several times which led us to wasted money and time as well.

January 14th, 2012

DON'T DO IT!

Where to begin? When I first met Dr. Hurd, she truly seemed to care about my health concerns and problems. However, the second time I visited, she was short with me and did not seem to listen to what I had to say. She basically just wrote me off. On top of that, her staff is rude and unreliable. In he past when I have called to make appointments or called with questions and her staff treats you like you're stupid or wrong. Therefore, on more than one occasion I have had to physically go to the office to talk with them because they can't manage to work things out over the phone or do things correctly to say the least. I had to get a prescription refilled although I hadn't been there in awhile, which she allowed me to do, but said I need to make an appointment for the next refill which makes complete sense. However, when I went to fill the prescription, it needed a pre-authorization. My pharmacist called Dr. Hurd's office to get a pre-authorization and they refused to do so and said I needed an appointment before a refill, even though she wrote me the prescription and said to come after the refill was gone!! I know another patient of hers, who is also very dissatisfied with her and her practice. She told the patient they could only come in for one type of health problem and that they will need to make another appointment for any other health problems or concerns. Is it all about the money? Doctors are supposed to make you feel comfortable and cared for. It took the patient 3 phone calls to get a referral to another doctor because the staff/Dr. Hurd are so unreliable and uninterested in the patients issues. This is a long rant, as you can see I am very dissatisfied with Dr. Hurd and her practice. In fact, I am not going to schedule an appointment with her to get a refill, instead I am switching doctors, and so is the other patient I mentioned above. I DO NOT recommend Dr. Hurd to anyone.

August 4th, 2011

Dr. Hurd is a good doctor however every singke visit with her is 3 hours until I actually see her from appointment check in until the dr is actually there to see me_2 hours_everytime. Unaace[table_switching to a doctor that has more value for my time.

May 29th, 2011

Outstanding doctor

Very understanding doctor, makes me comfortable, smart and professional. No complaints.

April 18th, 2011

Happy Patient

I dislike going to the doctor office but if I must Dr. Hurd's office is one that makes me feel at ease. I have had many problems of late and they have been diagnosed correctly and corrected with medicine accurately each time quickly. I have been 100% happy with the doctor and her staff and that is saying a lot for someone who has worked and managed doctors offices all her life. I am tough to please as I know how things should run. Great job.

March 14th, 2011

Very poor communication with patients regarding Rx. Situation 1:I was told over and over again that a fax was sent to the pharmacy, but the pharmacy did not receive it. 5 months later I was finally told that their policy was NOT to appeal insurance denials. I would have been on medication 5 months earlier if they had just been honest with me from the start instead of leading me to believe they were trying to get the insurance company to cover the perscription.Situation 2:Called to find out if I could get a perscription renewed. The staff would not even let me ask a question on whether I should come in or not, they simply told me to call the pharmacy an d the office would be contacted by them. I repeated that I thought I would need to make an appt, but they said if Dr Hurd originated it, then they would handle it with the pharmacy. Low and behold, the office denied the renewal and did not notify me. Another example of poor communication that affects my health!

November 26th, 2010

Just love everything about Dr. Hurd and her office staff.

August 11th, 2010

a wonderful 12 year experience

I have had the please of having my whole family treated by Dr hurd and her staff. A breath of fresh air, she accurate, compassionate and all professionals should learn form her. I thank her and her staff for ALL what they have done for my Family...my sister, my father and myself. One of a kind!!

January 12th, 2010

One of the Most competent Dr.s I have ever had

I have had the pleasure of her as my MD for many years. I alway feel that she is thorough, and LISTENS to what I am saying. Her direct staff is great, the other side, not so much. When calling in they have no problem leaving you on indefinite hold, and sometimes just hang up. As a medical professional myself I encounter other Dr.s that are non compassionate, not Dr. Hurd she is caring

February 6th, 2009

May have to wait a bit for her but worth every minute.

She spends time with you. I have been very lucky to have her as my doctor, as she has made and treated life threatening problems. Because of her, I am alive.