Dr. Melissa Katz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 17th, 2016
Good diagnosis
After 24 years with symptoms seeing specialist she found put what I have after 2 appointments Thank you! I m healthy again she gave me a second life!

August 16th, 2016
great doctor. Been seeing her for over 14 years/.

February 4th, 2016
I never had such horrid experience at a Dr's. office as at Dr. Katz's. First I waited at the reception desk so I got to Dr. M. Katz's room 5 minutes late. She greeted me with a scornful comment for being late and yelled as if I was a schoolchild (am 70 yrs. old). She told me to find a doctor local to my home if I can't come to NYC on time .I kept quiet as Dr. Katz quickly glanced through numerous pages of my medical history and previous treatments for diabetes.She mumbled 'insulin' numerous times. My diabetes was treated by medicine and I saw Dr. Katz for another opinion as to my medical care since she had been recommended as an expert. She did not allow me to open my mouth for an explanation regarding her decision to put me on insulin. Dr. Katz was only interested in my return to the office for an insulin kit. My wife and I left the office stunned by her rude treatment. It is a year later and my A1C is 5.9 with medicine which another doctor prescribed.

July 29th, 2015
She was rude and very negative about my decision to have a baby late in life. I had gestational diabetes and she actually yelled at me on the phone when I called concerned about my high blood sugar levels. She was terrible with scheduling me on a regular basis to keep up with my changing thyroid levels during my pregnancy. She was rude and shouted at me again when I asked her to write down a sample diet for me until I could get in to see her nutritionist. "You wan't me to tell you what to eat!!!". Yes, I needed her help. Uh, you are the doctor and I just found out I have gestational diabetes. She was overall just very negative during all my visits with her. I felt stupid and not at all comfortable asking her questions. She made me feel nervous and worried about being pregnant in my early 40s. Thankfully she dropped my insurance and I was forced to find another doctor in the middle of my pregnancy. That was the best thing that could have happened. I did find another doctor and the experience was night and day. He took the time to work with me on my diet. He was positive and delighted for me that I was pregnant. He wanted to see photos of my baby when she was born. He never thought any questions were silly or stupid. He encouraged all questions and applauded me for taking charge of my health. I do not think Dr. Katz was professional or even liked being a doctor honestly.

June 23rd, 2010
RECOMMEND DR. KATZ
I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HER. SPENDS TIME WITH PATIENT. AND LISTENS CAREFULLY TO HISTORY. SHE IS VERY PATIENT ORIENTED AND GOOD AT DETAIL. VERY PLEASANT.I FELT SHE REALLY UNDERSTOOD MY PROBLEMS AND WAS ADDRESSING THEM.

December 14th, 2009
Dr Katz is great but i always have to wait and the staff never tells you when you arrive.

November 7th, 2009
probably competent poor bedside manner

May 12th, 2008
Very thorough and caring endocrinologist
I am always impressed by how much time Dr. Katz spends with me during my semi-annual visits with her. Although she sees me for my thyroid problem, she asks me more questions about my general health and well being than my internist. She always calls right away with lab results. She is great and I recommend her highly.

May 6th, 2017