Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 29th, 2015

She was rude and very negative about my decision to have a baby late in life. I had gestational diabetes and she actually yelled at me on the phone when I called concerned about my high blood sugar levels. She was terrible with scheduling me on a regular basis to keep up with my changing thyroid levels during my pregnancy. She was rude and shouted at me again when I asked her to write down a sample diet for me until I could get in to see her nutritionist. "You wan't me to tell you what to eat!!!". Yes, I needed her help. Uh, you are the doctor and I just found out I have gestational diabetes. She was overall just very negative during all my visits with her. I felt stupid and not at all comfortable asking her questions. She made me feel nervous and worried about being pregnant in my early 40s. Thankfully she dropped my insurance and I was forced to find another doctor in the middle of my pregnancy. That was the best thing that could have happened. I did find another doctor and the experience was night and day. He took the time to work with me on my diet. He was positive and delighted for me that I was pregnant. He wanted to see photos of my baby when she was born. He never thought any questions were silly or stupid. He encouraged all questions and applauded me for taking charge of my health. I do not think Dr. Katz was professional or even liked being a doctor honestly.

RECOMMEND DR. KATZ show details RECOMMEND DR. KATZ
Jun 23rd, 2010

I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HER. SPENDS TIME WITH PATIENT. AND LISTENS CAREFULLY TO HISTORY. SHE IS VERY PATIENT ORIENTED AND GOOD AT DETAIL. VERY PLEASANT.I FELT SHE REALLY UNDERSTOOD MY PROBLEMS AND WAS ADDRESSING THEM.

Dec 14th, 2009

Dr Katz is great but i always have to wait and the staff never tells you when you arrive.

Nov 7th, 2009

probably competent poor bedside manner

Very thorough and caring endocrinologist show details Very thorough and caring endocrinologist
May 12th, 2008

I am always impressed by how much time Dr. Katz spends with me during my semi-annual visits with her. Although she sees me for my thyroid problem, she asks me more questions about my general health and well being than my internist. She always calls right away with lab results. She is great and I recommend her highly.