Dr. Melissa Kidder Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Melissa Kidder?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

February 18th, 2017

Excellent experience as a patient

So unfortunate that others had a bad experience with Dr. Kidder because she was such an exceptional doctor when it came to my 4 pregnancies. She did not deliver my first one because she was not the MD on call when I went into labor and so with my subsequent pregnancies she offered to have me induced on the day she was on call so she can deliver my babies. We opted to do that and she delivered the last 3 babies... nothing but excellent service. She was very caring and professional and I never once felt belittled. She even came to see how I was doing on her off time prior to me being discharged. I knew coming in that LLUMC was a teaching hospital so I didn't mind having students work on me... they all have to start somewhere. At times it is hard to get an appointment because she is always booked... But all in all, I was very blessed to have her as my OB/GYN.

November 3rd, 2015

Dr Kidder is awesome! She has been my doctor for 16 years.

October 27th, 2015

Great doctor

I have read the other reviews and really have no clue what people are talking about when they say she is rude or talks down to them, I love Dr. Kidder. I have been her patient for 3/4 years, she has always been very straight forward and tells you how it is. Some people might not like that but I feel it's the best for me. She also calls me kiddo a lot which some women might see that as talking down to them but I feel like she is trying to use it as stern of endearment. I feel like she is such an caring doctor, in fact my husband and I just suffered our second miscarriage and when we went in the office and she had to break the bad news that there was no heartbeat I felt like she was just as heart broken as we were. She even called me personally with the test results when many doctors would have just had their nurse or the lab call and tell you the results. I also have to have many more appointments because of this and her nurse Julie is handling it all for me so I don't have to. There are some true statements in the other reviews, Loma Linda isateaching hosptial but as a patient you can say no students in your room. Also Dr. Kidder will not deliever you unless you have a scheduled induction or c-section. She could be on call when you go into labor but not likely. I feel all the doctors are amazing though so don't worry you are in good hands. Yes there is a crazy waiting list for Dr. Kidder ( which shows me she is a great Dr.) but if you call and ask to speak to her nurse and you are pregnant then you will get in A LOT sooner then going through the appointment desk. It only works if you are pregnant though. Hope this helps you all.

April 29th, 2015

The rudest doctor I have ever encountered. Unfortunately she was on call when I went into labor st Loma Linda Medical. I would rate her a 0 but this system won't allow it.

January 16th, 2014

Biggest Regret...

1) She rarely goes into the hospital to delivery so I guarantee she won't be around to deliver your baby. 2) Hard to schedule an appointment (was only wednesdays and some thurs) and when you get an appt, you have to wait 1 hr (once I waited 2) just to be seen. 3) The hospital's billing system is horrible - let me repeat HORRIBLE. It is a global billing system so they make you sign a contract upfront to pay for a presumed vaginal delivery, I paid $800 out of pocket ($400 on the first visit) before I was told by my PPO insurance that I owe nothing out of pocket. It took me many phone calls and 1 year before my money was refunded. 4) Make sure your values align with the hospital's. If you are SDA, great. Believe in being a guinea pig to educate America's future physicians, then great. I had an infection that induced labor and they refused to give antibiotics - gave NOTHING and instead performed tests up the wazoo (took a pint of blood just to test for sepsis, wanted to do a CT scan (um and cause cancer to my baby?), diagnostic surgery just to *see* if there was a problem inside.... yes all while pregnant!!). Let's not even go into the horrid labor experience but suffice to say, teaching hospitals are HEAVY on the diagnostics, light on treatment. 5) Nice person but you couldn't pay me a million dollars to go back. Save yourself the trouble and go elsewhere, ladies.

July 14th, 2012

BAD TEACHING HOSPITAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never ever go teaching hospital or under dr. Kidder care, I wish I could back to past time, the doctor and the L&D nurses really don"t know good manner to the patient (and so the resident too!!). The nurses have no idea how fast I will delivery at that time, many times I tell them, I'm not playing around or telling joke, I really go fast during labor and will delivery SOON, THEY NOT TAKE ANY ACTION, WORK SO SLOW, I delivery my baby and no doctor around me, and the nurse still in the nurses station, I have to screaming to call them, suddenly they panic.......... I already tell the nurses and the doctor, thay never listen to patient concern, so if you choose Loma Linda Hospital it's bad idea, they will work on the paper first and resident and student and the very last is you as patient, it's should be PATIENT FIRST AND THE REST IS followed but in LLUMC, go to other hospital that take patient as the priority and the EXPERIMENT, like rat in the lab. The way they work like uneducational people, rude and bad manner to patient, the nurses and doctors they feel like they know EVERYTHING, in fact they know less than everything, I'm personal really hate why I choose this hospital, I should delivery my 4 baby in private hospital like 3 other my kids.

July 2nd, 2012

review of Dr. Kidder

I have had Dr. Kidder for over ten years and had absolutely no problems with her until I got pregnant for the second time. She has been very rude and having an attitude towards any of the concerns I was having. My last visit with her consisted of me telling her my concern of fainting and feeling dizzy through out my days and she responded telling my husband and I that they were all stories,like I was lying, even though this was the exact thing that happened to me with my first pregnancy and she removed me from work. She proceeded to tell me she wasn't losing her license taking me off work(even though I made no mention of asking to be taken off)she began to shrug off my concerns for my safety being very rude and telling me if I lived in Canada I could have a year off but because we live in america and pregnancy is a choice not a disease we don't get time off! I was very offended and have now changed Doctors! How dare her judge me and treat me like this. Do not go to her Beware!!!

April 14th, 2012

Never go to loma linda hospital, it's teaching hospital so your privacy never be count, I delivery 1 time and that's more than enough, I wish I never go there, it's horrible and nightmare, THEY REALLY DON'T KNOW TO ACCURATE for TIME MANAGEMENT........

March 5th, 2012

Nightmares experience visiting the office, wait in waiting list for 5 months for my pregnancy. Horrible time with her really unconsidered, just don't go to teaching hospital go somewhere else with more private and best service, the nurse in labor delivery room way too rude to describe, so ladies please go somewhere else, enough my experience and not to somebody else.

August 8th, 2011

Alexandra Lepro

Best Dr in the whole world.

July 27th, 2011

My overall experience with Dr. Melissa Kidder from Loma Linda Hospital was HORRIBLE!! This hospital is a private "teaching Hospital." So soon to be mothers and patients! BE AWARE!" Go else where. Dr. Melissa Kidder was very rude, and heartless. When asking about my health and concerns about my baby and work related environment.. she responded in a rude way, talking down to me. Making me feel very uncomfortable. Like i was scum! and Causing stress and anxiety!This is my first time having a baby, and she completely ruined my experience. addition to this, ruin my whole experience at Loma Linda Hospital.After this incident, i started to research online about Loma Linda, and asking family and friends about this Hospital.. and all gave me negative response about this hospital.So ladies, go else where!!! Let me end by saying, that ALL my appointments were 2-3 hours long!

July 26th, 2011

Go somewhere else

Worse experience ever!!!!! We wait for over an hr all the time while people who come later than us get in before us. We keep seeing different doctors every visit. Front desk people have horrible service. And the list goes on. But the last straw was when Dr. Kidder belittled us and talked to us like low lifes. Very shocked and disappointed because having a baby should be a wonderful experience but they ruined it.