Dr. Melissa Knuckles MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 15th, 2017
Clowns in front office
Is there a 1/3 star? My wife had an appointment at 2:30PM. Dr. Knuckles office called her at home at 1:30PM and told my wife that they had a cancellation and my wife could come in early and be seen right away. We arrived 15 minutes later only to have my wife have to wait an additional 2 hours. The clowns in front office said the delay was due to them misplacing my wife's chart. This same thing happened the last time my wife had an appointment with Dr. Knuckles. Very screwed up front office. Front office staff does not care about patients. Wait time was 2 hours 15 minutes. Not satisfied at all.

September 22nd, 2016
Upsetting
I've only been to the Corbin office. The wait time is 2-4 hrs. Other patients were complaining of their wait, asking if they'd been forgotten. Waiting room has church pews & u are nearly stacked on 1 another. U must pay for all services up front. If she does an unexpected procedure while you are being seen (suspicious areas removed/biopsies/etc) u are expected to pay that addt'l copay before u leave. She seems experienced & gives a caring "impression" but talks/proceeds so extremely fast that it is difficult to retain anything said. Just did not feel like a professional environment....especially when you compare your personal experience with the perception given when you read about her on her website. In all of my visits, she is out the door before you know it. I believe I was overcharged on copay & will follow up with my ins carrier to verify. I personally know of numerous former patients that have verified being overcharged. I have no intentions of going back.

September 14th, 2016
Love Dr. Knuckles. She knows her business. Very good doctor. She is always running behind so I get very little time with her. The waiting room is always packed and waiting to get called back is always over an hour. Sometimes two.

July 10th, 2016
3 hour wait time, unfriendly staff, overcharges, has unsanitary cat living in the office, does not follow HIPPA guidelunes. Gossipy and pushes politics on you. Practices surgery in dirty office with dirty instruments with untrained girls.

July 31st, 2013
Inflated billing practices and aggressive billing tactics for any balance owed after insurance pays. ZERO option for a payment plan. Bills for "multiple procedures" if removing more than one mole per appointment. Long wait times in the office, I was seen 2 hours after my scheduled appointment time and then rushed back out once I was finally taken back.

June 14th, 2013
Fuhgettaboudit
I waited for 1 1/2 hours. She didn't show. I left. She personally called me and convinced me to come back. I did. I waited another hour. She "breezed" in, ran her fingers through my hair (I'm a female, the thinning of which I was there for), rambled some instructions to a flustered young woman in her wake, and left. So, 2 1/2 hours for a 5 minute "non-visit". When I got my insurance bill, it was labelled as a "45 minute visit". Yeah, right.... I was SO, SO tempted to turn her in for insurance fraud..... Don't waste your time (or your money). Here, let me impart her wisdom. Use Head and Shoulders.......

September 12th, 2012
LONG WAIT
Long wait in the waiting room very very rude staff.They love to talk about the people calling for appt

August 16th, 2012
her license was suspended for 5 years
Her license was suspended for five years. Look it up;google Kentucky Doctor license, it is a legitimate state web site. Anyone can check any Doctor in Kentucky this way. Doctors are meant to help people, not hurt them. I was given wrong information on purpose to prolong visits as well as received improper care. Find recommendations from other Doctors that you trust before going to Dr. Knuckles.

February 2nd, 2012
Excellent
She has treated me and my adult children when they were teenagers. They thought of her as their doctor for years afterward and would call her from college. Thorough. She does look everywhere, but hooray.

July 6th, 2011
Great Doctor
She is the BEST Dermatologist I have ever been to. I have never seen a doctor walk in and figure out immediately what was wrong with you. I will continue seeing her no matter what, even if I have to move out of town, I would make the drive.

March 31st, 2010
do not recommend
I have had other exams by dermatologists before but NEVER had one quite like this. This DR NEVER explained what she was getting ready to do and examined EVERY part of my body without warning. I was mortified!!! Not a good listener = just talked the whole time.....Loves to hear herself talk....I will never go back

August 16th, 2017